March 2024 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 01/05/2024 10:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Kman (Kerry).

The CigarStolen Throne Yorktown Fleet Torpedo

The Specs:   
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder:  Nicaragua
Filler:  Nicaragua
Country of Origin:  Nicaragua
Strength: Medium-Full
Size:    6" x 50 (Torpedo)

Shipping: Lower 48 US addresses only

Due Date: February 25, 2024

The Hype
Stolen Throne cigars debuted in 2019 to great fanfare of cigar enthusiasts. The Yorktown Fleet is now their fourth regular production cigar, and was introduced during the 2023 PCA Convention & Trade Show. Like the other Stolen Throne cigars, the Yorktown Fleet is made at the Rojas Cigar Factory in EstelĂ­, Nicaragua.  The name was chosen after Stolen Throne recently opened a new headquarters in Yorktown, Va. According to their website: "The Yorktown Fleet, a cigar built from history and adventure. Carefully hand-rolled to transport you back to a time when smoking was rebellious and a true embodiment of cool."

The Reviewers:
Kerry has preselected and drafted three reviewers, and two (2) spots are open for volunteers. Initially, volunteers should be Veteran status or higher. This review will be due by February 25, so please take into account your schedule and only volunteer if you are prepared to turn it in on time. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and Kerry will make the final selection:
1.  Cfickter
2.  05Venturer
3.  arrow34
4.  headfirst
5.  Adwinistrator

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kman for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

I would love to participate if you'll have me.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Adwinistrator

I'd like to review this one if there's space.  Only Stolen Throne I haven't smoked yet...

Kman

Looks like you guys get the last 2 spots! Thanks for joining. I'll work on getting the cigars out this weekend.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Adwinistrator

Quote from: Kman on 01/05/2024 11:48 AMLooks like you guys get the last 2 spots! Thanks for joining. I'll work on getting the cigars out this weekend.

Thanks for sponsoring!

Kman

The cigars went out this afternoon. You guys should have them by the end of the week.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Brlesq

Thanks for mailing out so quickly, Kerry!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

arrow34

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

Arrived safe and sound, now for a little nap.  Thank you for the kind hitchhikers as well.  I actually have wanted to try one of those for a while now and they're no longer available.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

arrow34

Mine also arrived safe and sound thanks!

headfirst

Critique was submitted Sunday, thanks again Kerry!
-Charles Spurgeon

Brlesq

Friendly reminder!  18 days left to get these in.  Thank you! :usa:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Adwinistrator

Quote from: Brlesq on 02/07/2024 05:18 PMFriendly reminder!  18 days left to get these in.  Thank you! :usa:

Thank you.  I'll try to get to mine this weekend.

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Brlesq

Friendly reminder!  10 days left to get these in.  Thank you!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Only one critique has been submitted.  4 days left to get these in.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Adwinistrator

Quote from: Brlesq on 02/21/2024 03:30 PMOnly one critique has been submitted.  4 days left to get these in.  Thanks!

I'll have mine submitted in a few days. 

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Critiques are posted. Big thanks to Kerry for hosting this one!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.