April 2024 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 02/05/2024 06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian).

The CigarStolen Throne Argos Toro

The Specs
Wrapper: Nicaraguan Habano Maduro
Binder:  Nicaragua
Filler:  Nicaragua
Country of Origin:  Nicaragua
Strength: Medium-Full
Size:    6" x 50 (Toro)

Shipping: Lower 48 US addresses only

Due Date: March 25, 2024

The Hype
Not much info on this cigar.  From their website: The Argos came about in a different manner than the rest of the Stolen Throne lines. It was born as a Winston's Humidor exclusive with its proceeds going toward animal rescue organizations. If you like it extra spicy, you'll love this cigar! This cigar is only available in 11 shops across the country, and nirab's shop The Cigar Vault is blessed to be one of them.

The Reviewers:
Initially, volunteers should be Veteran status or higher and not doing the March critique, but all will be considered. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and nirab will make the final selection:
1.  Burn Ward
2.  Brlesq
3.  Murphy223
4.  bstessl
5.  Deener27

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to nirab for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

The Burn Ward

I'd like to participate in this one if possible.

nirab

If you've never smoked an Argos...you should! It is a wonderful cigar... :-)
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Stolen Thrones is making some nice sticks be nice to see the reviews on this

headfirst

Quote from: nirab on 02/06/2024 03:45 PMIf you've never smoked an Argos...you should! It is a wonderful cigar... :-)
I'm not eligible or I'd jump on this.  I've enjoyed every Stolen Throne blend I've tried.  This should fill up fast.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ntanner

Doing the April industry critique or I would volunteer. Imagine this will be a really good one.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Brlesq

I'm a big fan of Stolen Throne Cigars, and would love to try this one if you need another volunteer.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

Jared and Bruce, y'all are in! Need three more geeks...come and git ya sum Argos!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Murphy223

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

nirab

Brian and David, y'all are in!! We are now full of geeks ready to review! I request that each geek send me an email with their mailing information. My email is nirab44@gmail.com. Looking forward to all the reviews!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Brlesq

Quote from: nirab on 02/12/2024 10:55 AMBrian and David, y'all are in!! We are now full of geeks ready to review! I request that each geek send me an email with their mailing information. My email is nirab44@gmail.com. Looking forward to all the reviews!  :biggrin:

Terrific!  All, please post here when you receive your package so we know that everyone is on board.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

Please email me your shipping address!  Jared and Bruce, I have received yours!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nirab

3 geeks have emailed me their mailing information. 2 geeks have not...you know who you are!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Murphy223

@nirab been away and never saw your post.   Sending email now

nirab

Quote from: Murphy223 on 02/19/2024 04:14 PM@nirab been away and never saw your post.   Sending email now

Got it brother!! Just need bstessl, and we are done! Appreciate the extra effort y'all!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Murphy223

Quote from: nirab on 02/19/2024 04:28 PM
Quote from: Murphy223 on 02/19/2024 04:14 PM@nirab been away and never saw your post.   Sending email now

Got it brother!! Just need bstessl, and we are done! Appreciate the extra effort y'all!  :biggrin:

Is this still happening?

nirab

Cigars have been shipped out. Please post up when they arrive. Thanks y'all!  :-)

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Murphy223

The Burn Ward

Cigars arrived from Stolen Thrones today. Thank you!

nirab

Quote from: The Burn Ward on 03/13/2024 11:24 AMCigars arrived from Stolen Thrones today. Thank you!

Wonderful!! Took longer than expected to get these out, but I promise, the Argos is worth the wait! I don't want to influence the reviewers...I am really looking forward to these reviews though!!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.