Whats going on in America?

Started by Bob Cordell, 02/08/2008 09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

Just yesterday there were reports of at least 3 shootings. Some guy kills his wife, a teacher, in front of the students. Another clown shoots up a city council meeting killing 5 or 6. I heard  about some guy killing his wife and kid then burning the house down.

This morning something is going on at a college in Louisiana, somebody is shooting at students there.

What the hell?

I'm no liberal and own several guns myself but what gives here? Why is everybody acting so crazy? They need a cigar and a glass of wine and calm down...

:sad:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Proph

2 possibilities that are logical:

1.  there actually were higher than average shootings yesterday

or

2.  the news was told to report more shootings than usual

--

There are shootings everywhere in the world everyday.  Why don't they make the news?  Who knows.  

There was a shooting/murder that was most likely committed by police from witnesses accounts, and it never made the news, near where I live and I talked to a witness.

Was it a full moon?  There is always more crime on and around full moons.  Ask any cop or emergency room nurse.

--

There are many false flag operations going on in this country to try and prove that "guns are evil" and should be taken from everyone, while completely ignoring the fact that it takes a human to pull the trigger of a gun, and many of these have been by kids from "normal" families and a link has been found between those shootings and treatment by a psychiatrist(unconfirmed by me personally, though logically and realistically outlined by a very good investigative journalist).  Mind control isn't as hard as one might imagine, so if you want to create situations that shock ppl enough to make them give up their guns, that would be the way to go.  Similar events to the ones occuring in America in the last few years occurred in Nazi Germany(false flag ops).  The only reason a kid would grow balls enough to shoot another kid in my experience, is in a gang situation in inner the city, and usually not at school.  Just a little something to think about.  

There are as many reasons for shooting someone as there are guns to do it with.
"Do not be too timid or squeamish about your actions, all life is an experiment." -Ralph W. Emerson

Bob Cordell

I know there are shootings everyday all over the world. I'm not talking about 2 rednecks shooting in out in the trailer park or somebody getting shot robbing a liquor store.

Maybe its just me or maybe I'm tired of seeing it happen, but these massacres in public seem to be happening more.

Its a shame...

ljlemer

QuoteProph - 2/8/2008  11:18 AM

There are many false flag operations going on in this country to try and prove that "guns are evil" and should be taken from everyone, while completely ignoring the fact that it takes a human to pull the trigger of a gun,

There are also moderates who are labeled radicals by the NRA because they think guns should be as regulated as cars, no more, no less. It takes an irresponsible driver to cause a tragedy, so cars are registered and drivers are licensed, insured and carry ID. Why not the same for guns and their owners? :offtopic:
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 2/9/2008  2:48 AM
There are also moderates who are labeled radicals by the NRA because they think guns should be as regulated as cars, no more, no less. It takes an irresponsible driver to cause a tragedy, so cars are registered and drivers are licensed, insured and carry ID. Why not the same for guns and their owners? :offtopic:

In most states, you have to have your gun(s) registered, just like your car.  But that doesn't stop people from buying guns from all those non-licensed places, like the corner of 5th and Washington.  How are you going to stop that?  That's the problem.

FNA

"There is always more crime on and around full moons. Ask any cop or emergency room nurse. "

This is actually just a myth.  Instead of asking cops or emergency room nurses, whose statements are as unreliable as any other eyewitness account, look for accounts  which actually cite statistics from uniform crime reports.

ljlemer

QuoteFNA - 2/9/2008  2:24 PM

"There is always more crime on and around full moons. Ask any cop or emergency room nurse. "

This is actually just a myth.  Instead of asking cops or emergency room nurses, whose statements are as unreliable as any other eyewitness account, look for accounts  which actually cite statistics from uniform crime reports.

I agree about eyewitness accounts, which is why I don't trust our criminal justice system to distinguish between the guilty and the innocent.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

Well, well, well...here we go again.

Same s**t, different day...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330316,00.html

datuttle

My daughter is studying criminal psychology in college now and just last night as a matter of fact, she discovered that the violent crimes in America are actually down by 18% while the media coverage of these events has increased by almost 200%. This does not explain why these crimes happen. It just kind of explains why we hear about them so much now. Bob is right. Grab a cigar and a drink of your choice and relax.

Bob Cordell

Violent crimes may be down, everybody is missing the point I was trying to make. I'm talking about the instances of violence in schools and public entities such as courts and such. Surely to heavens this hasnt been going on all along and we just failed to hear about it.

Ha, I'm not talking about Wyatt Earp or The James Gang...

:-0

ljlemer

Only a small fraction of these events makes it to the national news. If you read the local news from all over you will see many more crimes. I'll bet if you go back 20, 40, 60 years, you'll find plenty of disgusting criminal activity. We have gang violence now. Before it was Mob violence with a capital M. Before that there was mob violence with a small m (ie lynchings). Human nature never changes.

Thomas Mann

datuttle

OK Bob;
I do understand what you were wondering. I'm watching the breaking news now here in Charlotte. "GUNMAN OPENS FIRE IN CROWDED MEETING". This from Dekalb, Il. This should not be happening in our country. I was just showing some statistics that I thought were interesting.
Doug

ljlemer

Quotedatuttle - 2/14/2008  5:20 PM

OK Bob;
I do understand what you were wondering. I'm watching the breaking news now here in Charlotte. "GUNMAN OPENS FIRE IN CROWDED MEETING". This from Dekalb, Il. This should not be happening in our country. I was just showing some statistics that I thought were interesting.
Doug

As long a madmen come up with novel ways of making the evening news and going out in a blaze of negative glory, they will inspire other madmen to come up with something at least as newsworthy. While availability of guns makes mass shootings easy, were there no guns they might poison wells or sprinkle poison in the food of restaurant kitchens. There is no end to how sick people can act out their psychotic fantasies. Look how popular blowing yourself and others up is in the Middle East. There is always a reservoir of potential psychos waiting for the right stimulus.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

As I was JUST saying....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,330730,00.html

Northern Illinois University, This may be what you were referencing Doug!

datuttle

Yea, thats it. What in the hell?

Bob Cordell

Thats what I'm talking about! I dont think this thread is going away anytime soon. I started it on 2/8 and every day we hear of another tragedy just like this one!

I'm not trying to sound like a anti-gun lobbyist because I own several myself but damn...

datuttle

You know what Bob; I'm going to keep a closer eye on this thread. We can only assume what drives these people, but I would like to know why.

ljlemer

Quotedatuttle - 2/14/2008  8:42 PM

You know what Bob; I'm going to keep a closer eye on this thread. We can only assume what drives these people, but I would like to know why.

Even if these guys are one in a million, that's still 300 of them. It's a fact of life.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.