Indecision kills me sometimes!

Started by Bob Cordell, 06/25/2010 10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

You guys ever just stand and look and not have an idea what to smoke?

I sometimes will pull a stick, put it back and and pull another only to start all over again. It aggravates the hell outta me sometimes!

:mad:

:-(

I hate commitments!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mountedshriner

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

DocJazzRH

Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

Beegerply

I do that all the time, now I carry what I call my ready box, holds about 6 or 7 smokes.  I load that up with what I think I want to smoke and only smoke from it. That way I don't take a f#$king week to decide.  :biggrin:  :lmao:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Jackal

QuoteBeegerply - 6/25/2010  8:45 AM

I do that all the time, now I carry what I call my ready box, holds about 6 or 7 smokes.  I load that up with what I think I want to smoke and only smoke from it. That way I don't take a f#$king week to decide.  :biggrin:  :lmao:

I have an at bat humidor that I use for that purpose.  Unfortunately, I end up pawing through that one, and then start thinking maybe I should get something out the one of the other humidors.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

I do it all the time as well, but then we got to be thankful we got such a great selection to go through!

"The Curmudgeon"

lowpro75

I was just saying the same thing in a similar thread.  When there are hundreds of selections on the menu it gets hard to decide.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

wescat

QuoteDonM - 6/25/2010  11:00 AM

I do it all the time as well, but then we got to be thankful we got such a great selection to go through!

Picking from a wide selection is a nice problem to have.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Bob Cordell

I have actually changed my mind 4-5 after pulling sticks!

Brlesq

Quotelowpro75 - 6/25/2010  12:41 PM

I was just saying the same thing in a similar thread.  When there are hundreds of selections on the menu it gets hard to decide.

Déjà vu ??   :-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

lowpro75

QuoteBRLESQ - 6/25/2010  2:21 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 6/25/2010  12:41 PM

Déjà vu ??   :-)

I was just trying to politely point out that Bob is stole my idea. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

You think I really read that shyt you post?

:lmao:

The thought hit me last night as I stood there for  what seemed like hours trying to decide what to smoke. My home puter is shot so I couldnt post my extremely thoughtful and amazing observations till today...

Brlesq

QuoteBob Cordell - 6/25/2010  2:45 PM

You think I really read that shyt you post?
 :lmao:

The thought hit me last night as I stood there for  what seemed like hours trying to decide what to smoke. My home puter is shot so I couldnt post my extremely thoughtful and amazing observations till today...

In all fairness, Rich did post this thread on a Sunday, and Bob doesn't have his "home 'puter" right now for weekend use.  We certainly can't expect Bob to catch up to the rest of us on the forum, given the time he has obviously been spending surfing for pictures of ugly broads when he gets to the office!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Samhain2000

Ugh, that would be like sticking your c@#k in a garbage disposal.
A cigar is like a gun, you never know when you'll need one.

87North

QuoteBob Cordell - 6/25/2010  12:13 PM

After all that stick pulling, How's your eyesight?   :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Brlesq

Quote87North - 6/26/2010  5:12 AM

QuoteBob Cordell - 6/25/2010  12:13 PM

After all that stick pulling, How's your eyesight?   :biggrin:

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

whodeeni

i call it smokers dilemma bob! :lmao:
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

Bob Cordell

Idid it again last night, finally settling on a less than stellar Padilla Miami...

Mistake!

akira

I have this problem sometimes as well.  Last night I even removed the cello from one and smelled it, then decided to go a different route.  Other times, I'm going from upstairs down to the garage and back before I decide on a stick.   :confused:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Shukpaw

As already stated one of the disadvantages of the advantage of having a big selection.  The other night I pulled a cigar to the top of my humidor for the next day.  The next day I took it out got all the way to lighting it and realized it wasn't what I thought I was going for.  Nothing like changing your mind when you don't even realize you are doing it.  It was a good smoke, but I was dissapointed it was not what I thought I was starting on.  For those of you wondering, yes my eyesight is fine, I just thought I had pull a different cigar to the top.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nwb

I hate it when I light a cigar and decide it isn't exactly what I wanted at the moment.  It could be a perfectly good cigar and one of my go-to's, but it was bad timing.  That is frustrating  :mad:
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.