Or is this better?

(
               )
=======

(
            )
           (
=====

The lovely ASCII line! I hear they're great!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 8/26/2010  5:18 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 8/26/2010  4:59 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't there an issue shipping cigars to our brethren in the Great White North?  That might put a hitch in Greg's participation...

It could be an issue but there was an least on sucessful pass with a Canadian member.  My suggestion would be to make him a virtual participant.  Let him do his puts and takes online, the person who is holding the pass ships only those cigars to Greg, and Greg sends back the ones to replace it to the designated person.  It should save on shipping too.  Just a suggestion.

That's a great idea, Rich.  You did your good deed of the day... :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

lowpro75

Quotenwb - 8/26/2010  8:11 PM

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't there an issue shipping cigars to our brethren in the Great White North?  That might put a hitch in Greg's participation...

It could be an issue but there was an least on sucessful pass with a Canadian member.  My suggestion would be to make him a virtual participant.  Let him do his puts and takes online, the person who is holding the pass ships only those cigars to Greg, and Greg sends back the ones to replace it to the designated person.  It should save on shipping too.  Just a suggestion.

Cool, now I must offset that deed by doing evil, thus bringing balance to the universe. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Shukpaw

I had thought of this and had planned on Greg being first.  We learned from that post about the cigar taxes to Canada that they were able to refuse the shipment and have it returned to sender without a problem.  I like the idea of the virtual pass even better.  I think I will still have Greg be first, but I like the idea that I will just send him what he wants and send the rest to the second person and have him send his puts to that person also.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Vanilla Gorilla

You guys are a good bunch of quick thinkers!

I was worried about this too, wondering how much shipping was going to be for not only me, but the person shipping it out to me as well. The vitural pass sounds good, and I am more than happy that you guys have been thoughtful enough to keep me a part of this.

Let me know when you guys want to get started and we can get this thing moving!
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

Shukpaw

Okay.  Here we go.  We have a good group of people for this pass.  I am hoping for a few more, but it should be a good pass either way.  Please let me know if you want to, or are going to join.  I will not close joining this pass for a couple more weeks.

Please, everyone look over the order and let me know of any conflicts, or reshuffling that needs to occur.

Greg I have transitioned the pass to you.  Let me know what you want as your takes and I will ship those cigars to you.

Voexum, I currently have you as after Greg (Vanilla Gorilla).  I will send the remainder of the pass to you and Greg will send you his puts.  Then we will go normal (or as normal as possible) from there.

Thanks everyone for being on my first moderated pass.  We have a couple of first time pass participants.  Glad to have you all.

Neil

Brlesq

Quotelowpro75 - 8/26/2010  8:52 PM

Quotenwb - 8/26/2010  8:11 PM

Cool, now I must offset that deed by doing evil, thus bringing balance to the universe. :biggrin:

We wouldn't expect any less from you. :biggrin:

Really, though, that was a brilliant idea. :thumbsup:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Jackal

Thanks for having me in this one.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Vanilla Gorilla

QuoteShukpaw - 8/27/2010  2:49 AM

Okay.  Here we go.  We have a good group of people for this pass.  I am hoping for a few more, but it should be a good pass either way.  Please let me know if you want to, or are going to join.  I will not close joining this pass for a couple more weeks.

Please, everyone look over the order and let me know of any conflicts, or reshuffling that needs to occur.

Greg I have transitioned the pass to you.  Let me know what you want as your takes and I will ship those cigars to you.

Voexum, I currently have you as after Greg (Vanilla Gorilla).  I will send the remainder of the pass to you and Greg will send you his puts.  Then we will go normal (or as normal as possible) from there.

Thanks everyone for being on my first moderated pass.  We have a couple of first time pass participants.  Glad to have you all.

Neil

Diesel Unholy Cocktail
Greycliff Double Espresso
Nub
Padilla Miami

Those are my takes for sure! Let's get this party started!

Vanilla Gorilla

I've updated the cigar section with my takes. I'll be submitting my puts after this weekend and sending it out Monday morning before noon (no postal service on weekends in Canada)

Now I guess I'll just ask everyone to keep their fingers crossed for me that I have no problems with the package getting over the boarder!

Shukpaw

The main body of the pass is out to Christopher USPS 0496 9010 1730 5924 4192.  Expect delivery on Wednesday.  Greg will be sending you his puts to join with these.

Greg yours are away.  The women at the post office said 3 to 7 business days.  Let me know when you get them.  Any problems, let me know.

Voexum

Awesome, I'll be keeping my eye out for it! :biggrin:
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Voexum

Just got home and letting everyone know that the box got here safely. :-) I believe that that postal closes at 4pm, so I'll open it make my puts and takes and send it out tomorrow.

*edit* Actually before I send it what's happening with Vanilla Gorilla's, am I ment to wait for that? Just lemmie know :biggrin:
Christopher "Voexum"

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Vanilla Gorilla

QuoteVoexum - 9/1/2010  3:50 PM

Just got home and letting everyone know that the box got here safely. :-) I believe that that postal closes at 4pm, so I'll open it make my puts and takes and send it out tomorrow.

*edit* Actually before I send it what's happening with Vanilla Gorilla's, am I ment to wait for that? Just lemmie know :biggrin:

This is a good point. Just so I know where to send mine too, cause I've only got two days left of postal service for me to get the cigars before the weekend, I don't know if you guys have one too, but it's our long weekend this weekend coming up so Monday is a holiday. I might not get the cigars till Tuesday.

Should I send them to Voexum? Or to whoever is next on the list, cause I don't even know how long it'll take to get into the states for you guys.

By the way my puts are

Nording by Rockey Patel
CAO MX2 Robusto
Oliva O Maduro Torpedo
Gurka assassin

Also due to the fact that our Cigars in Canada are slightly more expensive, I had to go over the price limit for my cigars. So hopefully you guys don't think I'm being cheap and replacing cigars with dirty cheap ones lol, cuase these boys cost me a pretty penny over the boarder.

Shukpaw

Greg.  Send your puts to Christopher.  Send them whenever you think is best.  Tomorrow is fine.  Next Tuesday is fine.  We all have a long weekend.

Christopher.  Wait until you get the cigars from Greg, and then do you puts and takes.  Then move it along.

Vanilla Gorilla

Hey guys, just to keep everyone updated, I still haven't sent my sticks out. Iam worried about them getting wrecked, so I am still waiting on mine to arrive, then I'll send them out in the same packaging. Should be any day now according to shukpaws last message. Thanks again to everyone for being cool enough to include me even though im north of 60!

Vanilla Gorilla

Wifey just called and said my picks got in today! Also I got bombed on top of my picks as well! It's a good day!

I'll send mine out tomorrow now that I know how people are packaging them. I'll be sending my sticks out with a humipack that I picked up for this long trip from canada to the states! Tracking number to come!

Vanilla Gorilla

My puts are out as of yesterday, sent them through canada post and they should arrive in 3-7 business days according to the clerk I was dealing with. I mailed them out inside of a humi pouch which I placed into a container for extra protection. Voexum should expect some fresh new maduro's by the end of this week, or early of next.

Shukpaw

Alright.  Thanks Greg.  Hope you enjoy your cigars.

Vanilla Gorilla

I have so far! They came in great shape, and again, thank you for the bomb as well!

Voexum

Hey guys just want to first let everyone know the cigars are OK!

Dunno what made me take a look at the humidifier, but when I did I noticed that there was little specs of white mold in the green padding of it.
The cigars were in baggies and cellophane, and I checked and didn't find any mold on them. I Removed the humidier and took some pictures.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Christopher "Voexum"

grogo67

You know your cigars are well aged when your humidifier starts to plume!  :lmao:
Cigar George

"I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em."
-Ron White

My Humidor

nwb

That type of humidifier is notorious for that happening, at least in my experience.
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

Glad to hear the cigars are okay.  I had this happen once before.  I wiped the humidifier off as best I could and put it out in the sun for a couple hours. It never had a the problem again.  This humidifier had never been used before this pass and has distilled water in it.  I am open to better sugestions.

nwb

QuoteShukpaw - 9/18/2010  2:39 PM

....I am open to better sugestions.

For passes, I would suggest Boveda humidity packs:

http://www.bovedapacks.com/
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.