---

Started by HeresJohnny, 09/01/2010 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

---

Right On
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

HeresJohnny

What did you think of those scathing responses in CA's 'Letters to the Editor' regarding the guy from Dearborn Heights, MI?

Christopher62

I am that "original guy". Obviously the magazine has its fans, so I was expecting some type of repercussion. I think they [CA] were as well, or else they probably would not have printed my original editorial. Certainly they handpicked the rebuttals and weeded out any letters that were in agreement. That second letter was especially mean-spirited. It's okay though – I have a thick skin and I stand by my original comments.

~Christopher

cmmayo

WadImiss? WadImiss?
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Brlesq

Now I gotta go home and openup my CA that came yesterday.  I was saving it for the weekend, but we have a CB brother being attacked!  :mad:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Macabre

I don't subscribe to, or read CA so I missed this.  Sounds juicy though.  :biggrin:
"Why are shapeshifting aliens from another universe coming here to steal frozen heads?"

----Agent Phillip Broyles, Fringe

Bob Cordell

We knew all about that more than a month ago, I didnt vote, there was no "everybody has a right to their own opinion option"
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

elmokfo

i enjoyed reading the comments and I kind of see life on both sides of the fence but Christopher is right.  How many $15,000 watches do I need to ever think about owning.  Although, my personal favorite this month...the $50,000 silver humidor.

Ken Kelley

So clue us non-subscribers in on what happened.  What's the controversy?
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Brlesq

QuoteAlphairon - 9/1/2010  3:09 PM

So clue us non-subscribers in on what happened.  What's the controversy?

Lets find out who 'HeresJohnny' is first.  I've already asked him on his other thread that he started on the same topic.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

cmmayo

Oh, okay, I remember that.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

gitfiddl

QuoteBrlesq - 9/1/2010  3:02 PM

Now I gotta go home and openup my CA that came yesterday.  I was saving it for the weekend, but we have a CB brother being attacked!  :mad:

10-4, good buddy!

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

elmokfo

Brue, totally agree, all he's got in his profile is the name Lou and a website.  Very odd!

Brlesq

Quoteelmokfo - 9/1/2010  3:27 PM

Brue, totally agree, all he's got in his profile is the name Lou and a website.  Very odd!

And the website gets you to "error".     :mad:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Ken Kelley

QuoteBrlesq - 9/1/2010  3:28 PM

Quoteelmokfo - 9/1/2010  3:27 PM

And the website gets you to "error".     :mad:

We wouldn't trust such a feller too far here in the holler.
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

elmokfo

Brave man, I refused to even click on it.

cmmayo

As I just posted on the other thread:

"Odds are, it was just Christopher62 trying to think of a clever way to begin the conversation. If you search the forums, you'll see he hasn't posted on CG in the last month, yet was able to post a reply in 10 minutes.

Regardless, now I, too, have to go to the mailbox to see if I got mine."
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

lowpro75

I can't respond to the poll until I see the responses to the letter.  If someone can print them here that would be great as I don't get CA.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

cmmayo

Lou, Christopher, everybody... please refer to the other thread for my heartfelt apologies: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=6202.0

:sad:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

AMD

Quotecmmayo - 9/1/2010  3:49 PM

Lou, Christopher, everybody... please refer to the other thread for my heartfelt apologies: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=6202.0

"heartfelt apologies..."

Man, what a sincere, awesome guy this Corey is...

and I'm saying that as someone who is definitely NOT Corey.   :thumbsup:
--someone other than Corey

lowpro75

I'm pretty sure that violates the cg terms of service.  Paul, kill him.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

QuoteAMD - 9/1/2010  4:52 PM

Quotecmmayo - 9/1/2010  3:49 PM

"heartfelt apologies..."

Man, what a sincere, awesome guy this Corey is...

and I'm saying that as someone who is definitely NOT Corey.   :thumbsup:

"Heartfelt apologies"?  Corey, are you selling humi beads?
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

cmmayo

Quotelowpro75 - 9/1/2010  2:57 PM

I can't respond to the poll until I see the responses to the letter.  If someone can print them here that would be great as I don't get CA.

I'm too lazy to type them in, but there were two responses. The first guy was very diplomatic, saying that he is a truck driver, but enjoys seeing how the other half lives. He also says we are all the same, regardless of income, because we all enjoy a cigar, blah, blah, blah to unwind, blah, blah...

The second guy, Adrian Cornellier of Odessa, Florida, states:

"There are three kinds of people in life: those who have made it to the top, those who work hard and dream of getting to the top and the bitter men who loathe anyone who has achieved more that they have."

that was the "pull quote..." He goes on to be a complete d i c k... saying, sarcastically, that the magazine "should start a section just for you, Christopher." He goes on to say the section should focus on "best buys at the Walmart closeout bin... and feature "two-for-a-dollar grape-flavored cigars."

:mad: That's just being a d i c k, and I question the editor's decision to publish that letter.

On a related note, if you search "Adrian Cornellier Odessa" you will see that this guy writes letters to EVERYBODY. He's a complete blowhard that fallacious attacks anyone with an opinion. So, in the same spirit, I would like to point out that Adrian Cornellier probably has to write letters to the editor because NOBODY ELSE CAN STAND LISTENING TO HIM!

:biggrin:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

DocJazzRH

Quotecmmayo - 9/1/2010  2:30 PM

I'm too lazy to type them in, but there were two responses. The first guy was very diplomatic, saying that he is a truck driver, but enjoys seeing how the other half lives. He also says we are all the same, regardless of income, because we all enjoy a cigar, blah, blah, blah to unwind, blah, blah...

"There are three kinds of people in life: those who have made it to the top, those who work hard and dream of getting to the top and the bitter men who loathe anyone who has achieved more that they have."

that was the "pull quote..." He goes on to be a complete d i c k... saying, sarcastically, that the magazine "should start a section just for you, Christopher." He goes on to say the section should focus on "best buys at the Walmart closeout bin... and feature "two-for-a-dollar grape-flavored cigars."

:mad: That's just being a d i c k, and I question the editor's decision to publish that letter.

On a related note, if you search "Adrian Cornellier Odessa" you will see that this guy writes letters to EVERYBODY. He's a complete blowhard that fallacious attacks anyone with an opinion. So, in the same spirit, I would like to point out that Adrian Cornellier probably has to write letters to the editor because NOBODY ELSE CAN STAND LISTENING TO HIM!

Interesting and well stated... :shades:
Rich ()=iii=<

Delusions of grandeur make me feel a lot better about myself .. J. Wagner

At least a bad conscience can make life interesting -- Kierkegaard

lowpro75

Quotecmmayo - 9/1/2010  5:30 PM

Thanks for the summary.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

I'm not a subscriber to CA.  It's a little too 'hoity toity' for me.  I'd rather get my cigar info here.  I do remember the post about the letter being printed and I tend to agree its sentiments.  As for the responses, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.