New issue of cigar aficionado...wow

Started by HeresJohnny, 09/01/2010 01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeresJohnny

geez, i'm sorry to start such a earthquake on this board.  i've wanted to join for a while and never got around to it until today. i was just trying to post something that would seem current and interesting.....  guess i didn't make such a great first impression.  i won't post any more until i've been a member for a while.  this wasn't exactly the 'welcome' i had hoped for.

lou

elmokfo

Lou, our apologies.  We are happy to have you hear.  Just sometimes we are wary of new folks who jump in with both feet.  Glad to have you aboard and Welcome!  As for me... :shamebag: I'll wear this for a bit.

NES Tek

My subscription just ran out. I'll have to catch Akira's. I'd love to read this.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

gitfiddl

QuoteHeresJohnny - 9/1/2010  5:21 PM

geez, i'm sorry to start such a earthquake on this board.  i've wanted to join for a while and never got around to it until today. i was just trying to post something that would seem current and interesting.....  guess i didn't make such a great first impression.  i won't post any more until i've been a member for a while.  this wasn't exactly the 'welcome' i had hoped for.

lou

Lou,

You are more than welcome here, trust me!  Feel free to post away!  Get into the mix and let us know who you are!  We can be jerks without a doubt, but PLEASE don't let our somewhat sophomoric behavior run you off so quickly.  You didn't start the earthquake, we did.  Believe it or not, having known these guys and gals for going on a couple of years now, I can honestly say that this is the most friendly place I've found on the net.  I know more about some of these folks than people I've met face to face and call friends.

Get to know us a little more before you make any hasty judgments.  We really are a good bunch, even that Cordell fellow.  We've just been through some troll issues and have had some high dollar passes go missing.  I hope you can understand our defensive nature.  Take it all with a grain of salt.  Hang out and have some fun with us.  If anyone gives you a hard time from here on out, they'll have to deal with me!

Sincerely,

Dave

PS.  Do you like polls?  I've got this cool poll pic...    :shades:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

mountedshriner

Sorry Lou. Please accept my apology. Cordell was very hasty with his crude remark. I am so easily influenced by him that I jumped on board behind him. Really, welcome and rest assured I am going to stay away from Cordell in the future. He has got me in  trouble so many times that I have come to believe that my job is "to hold the bag."   :lmao:  :lmao:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

bklein128

Quotegitfiddl - 9/1/2010  4:47 PM

lou

Lou,

You are more than welcome here, trust me!  Feel free to post away!  Get into the mix and let us know who you are!  We can be jerks without a doubt, but PLEASE don't let our somewhat sophomoric behavior run you off so quickly.  You didn't start the earthquake, we did.  Believe it or not, having known these guys and gals for going on a couple of years now, I can honestly say that this is the most friendly place I've found on the net.  I know more about some of these folks than people I've met face to face and call friends.

Get to know us a little more before you make any hasty judgments.  We really are a good bunch, even that Cordell fellow.  We've just been through some troll issues and have had some high dollar passes go missing.  I hope you can understand our defensive nature.  Take it all with a grain of salt.  Hang out and have some fun with us.  If anyone gives you a hard time from here on out, they'll have to deal with me!

Sincerely,

Dave

PS.  Do you like polls?  I've got this cool poll pic...    :shades:

Note: Remember not to look at the next poll Dave puts up

Bob Cordell

Well damn, I guess I'm sorry too!

:-(
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

lowpro75

lou

Welcome.  Where are you from?  What do you smoke?
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

lowpro75

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/1/2010  6:10 PM

Well damn, I guess I'm sorry too!

Don't mind Bob.  According to our latest polls, 4 people think he's the biggest a-hole on the site. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

I said I'm sorry!

Throw me in the damn creek...

gitfiddl

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/1/2010  6:16 PM

I said I'm sorry!

Here, Bob, let me help you out.  Grab the end of this poll... :biggrin:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

lowpro75

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/1/2010  6:16 PM

I said I'm sorry!

I thought I was defending you.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Bob Cordell

mountedshriner

I already threw you under the bus Bob, Rich threw you in the creek!@! :dancing:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

Bob Cordell

I'm the new Reverend Wright!

:mad:

Anyway, why dont you start over and properly introduce yourself dude!

:biggrin:

gitfiddl

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/1/2010  6:34 PM

I'm the new Reverend Wright!

:mad:

Anyway, why dont you start over and properly introduce yourself dude!

:biggrin:

I think you should, Lou.  Seriously.  And add a poll.  If you need some help, PM me.  I've got a really cool poll pic...

nwb

Welcome to the site, Lou!  What kind of cigars do you smoke, how long you been smoking, etc?
Chief of Shaft

Hot Stuff x

QuoteHeresJohnny - 9/1/2010 7:21 AM geez, i'm sorry to start such a earthquake on this board. ..... guess i didn't make such a great first impression. ... this wasn't exactly the 'welcome' i had hoped for. lou

Lou,

I think to understand the reaction to this thread, it would be helpful to know that the person who wrote the letter to the editor you referrred to is a member here at Cigar Geeks.

Your opening remarks in this thread "... what the hell did that guy (Dearborn Heights) say to get everyone so pissed off??? "  seemed kind of inflammatory to me, and somewhat of an rebuke of Christopher62.  Perhaps others had the same reaction. 

LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

HeresJohnny

sorry, no way i could have known that person was a member of this site - what were the odds.......  i meant no disrespect to him.  actually, i thought i was kind of defending him...........

i won't start anymore problems - promise.

lou

Ken Kelley

QuoteHeresJohnny - 9/1/2010  9:15 PM

i won't start anymore problems - promise.

lou

Then you'll be the ONLY one on this forum who doesn't!  :biggrin:

Welcome, Lou.  I'm sorry to see you had a rocky introduction to the Geeks.  Don't worry about that though since we have the collective attention span of a gnat and will soon forget all abo...

Seriously, there is no flaming on this site but there is frequent lively discussion which sometimes gets a little out of bounds.  No one is ever seriously hurt and I can only recall one person marching off in a full bore huff.  And they took offense at comments about Chelsea Clinton, of all people.  Most times all you have to do to stifle an argument is toss in a verbal rabbit and everybody goes hounding off after it.  Gives a new meaning to ADHD.  Don't be shy.

Again, welcome.   :welcome:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Bob Cordell

and will soon forget all abo...

:lmao:  :lmao:

Cigary

QuoteHot Stuff x - 9/1/2010  4:25 PM

QuoteHeresJohnny - 9/1/2010 7:21 AM geez, i'm sorry to start such a earthquake on this board. ..... guess i didn't make such a great first impression. ... this wasn't exactly the 'welcome' i had hoped for. lou

Lou,

I think to understand the reaction to this thread, it would be helpful to know that the person who wrote the letter to the editor you referrred to is a member here at Cigar Geeks.

Your opening remarks in this thread "... what the hell did that guy (Dearborn Heights) say to get everyone so pissed off??? "  seemed kind of inflammatory to me, and somewhat of an rebuke of Christopher62.  Perhaps others had the same reaction. 

Gotta agree with Les here...remember the saying about "sometimes you don't get a second chance to make a first impression" is very true here.  Not having a history about you...how you interract, how you joke, how you talk, how you think...what you're all about will tend to raise antennaes not only here but anywhere.  Guess it's on you Lou to take another stab at making another impression.  People here are pretty decent and accepting but at the same time protective of a place they call home.

SenorPablo

Welcome Lou!  Sorry for the jump to conclusions that happened.  We're normally better than that.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Christopher62

"Lou", welcome to a site of well-mannered frivolity and intellectual chitchat amongst cigar-smoking brethren of goodwill.

Good day sirs!

~Christopher

PA.pierced2010

Welcome to the site!
 A good group of folks here who enjoy friendly banter...although I am still smarting from the comment that I had canal knowledge of a Silverback Gorilla.   :lmao:
"The difference between a man and his valet: they both smoke the same cigars, but only one pays for them"
Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.