Dunkin Donuts

Started by vw77guy, 09/07/2010 06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herfdude

QuoteROTHNH - 3/12/2011  10:16 AM

Quotekennyg - 3/12/2011  12:50 PM

Ok I'm old but here's a flash to the past........

In 1978 my sister had a job working at Dunkin Donuts. Back then they had this slogan "Donuts Fresh Guaranteed" They use to make donuts every hour and if donuts sat out more then 6 hours...... yep you guessed it, they tossed em in the garbage.

My sister use to rescue 3 dozen "old" donuts every day, and bring them home from work.

Even 6 hours old  those were the BEST donuts bar none !

:dancing:  :dancing:

to this day when I go into a Dunkin Donuts shop, I remember all those orphaned donuts I ate.

Ahhh the good old days!

But in this day of the NANNY STATE, most communities and states with legislators who have literally nothing better to do have passed laws against restaurants removing food items (out of date or whatever reason) then giving them to employees or anyone else.

With states and communities that allow such food to be retained for farm animal consumption, the food has to be secured in special containers.  Any employee caught taking any of those food items for themselves or caught giving them away to anyone else is fired on the spot -- no exceptions.

Really dumb... :crazy:
"I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time."  Mark Twain

nwb

Quotewlfwalleye - 3/12/2011  1:28 PM

My grandparents ran a doughnut and pastry shop for 30yrs. The chain store doughuts can't compare to
the small town homemade family recipies.

So true.  We had a place close to where I grew up that made the best doughnuts.  Sadly, it couldn't compete with the larger chains and folded when I was in high school.
Chief of Shaft

87North

I can't believe I missed this thread earlier.  My wife's family love Dunkin Donuts and any time any of us are somewhere there is a Dunkin Donuts, it is expected that they will bring back donuts for everyone else.  Each person has their personal favorite that they generally get a dozen or so of.  I always hear people talking about DD coffee, and having had it, it's good, but I don't find it better than some other places or even home brewed coffee if using a good varietal of whole beans.   I go there for the donuts.  afterall, it's not called Dunkin Coffee... :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nerv1025

Quotekennyg - 3/12/2011  12:22 PM

QuoteROTHNH - 3/12/2011  1:16 PM

Quotekennyg - 3/12/2011  12:50 PM

Ok I'm old but here's a flash to the past........

In 1978 my sister had a job working at Dunkin Donuts. Back then they had this slogan "Donuts Fresh Guaranteed" They use to make donuts every hour and if donuts sat out more then 6 hours...... yep you guessed it, they tossed em in the garbage.

My sister use to rescue 3 dozen "old" donuts every day, and bring them home from work.

Even 6 hours old  those were the BEST donuts bar none !

:dancing:  :dancing:

to this day when I go into a Dunkin Donuts shop, I remember all those orphaned donuts I ate.

Ahhh the good old days!

But in this day of the NANNY STATE, most communities and states with legislators who have literally nothing better to do have passed laws against restaurants removing food items (out of date or whatever reason) then giving them to employees or anyone else.

With states and communities that allow such food to be retained for farm animal consumption, the food has to be secured in special containers.  Any employee caught taking any of those food items for themselves or caught giving them away to anyone else is fired on the spot -- no exceptions.

Yeah, that's just what we need ......laws to keep us safe from free donuts that are 6 hours old.........who voted for those idiots anyway !!!!

The same people who voted for Obama?

Romeo

It may sound strange but i enjoy a dunkachino with my cigar, the chocolate flavors seem to work together...I know strange  :confused:
I think there's to much smoke In this cigar shop I once heard someone say before I threw them out !

wescat

I brew my own coffee; strong, black, smooth. I love DD cake donuts, they are kick ass. A warm KK yeast donut straight off of the line is the devil site of the donut world.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

vw77guy

Quotenwb - 3/12/2011  12:32 PM

Quotewlfwalleye - 3/12/2011  1:28 PM

My grandparents ran a doughnut and pastry shop for 30yrs. The chain store doughuts can't compare to
the small town homemade family recipies.

So true.  We had a place close to where I grew up that made the best doughnuts.  Sadly, it couldn't compete with the larger chains and folded when I was in high school.

So I know I started this thread, but I would have to agree for the most part.  There was a little donut shop in the town I used to work at that has been there for years and years.  I loved to get a few donuts in the morning there.  They made some awesome donuts but the small town atmosphere was great.  I'd always see the same old man sitting in the corner reading the paper!

gitfiddl

Does anyone remember the old "Slam Dunkin' Donuts" comedy bit?  I searched for it on the net, but can't find it.  Slam Dunkin' Donuts had plain donuts, jelly donuts, and Kareem-filled donuts.  Their coffee came in three sizes: a small one, a medium one and Olajuwon.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.