Find the hidden songs for a CUBAN!!!!

Started by Bob Cordell, 09/14/2010 10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

Shukpaw wanted that Cuban bad!! Congrats.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

Anything by Gloria Estefan's nephew!  Did I win? :confused:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

mobarbq

Wow, congrats to the winner. And I had thought I was doing good, wasn't even close.

Times are rough, fellas...  put up any old contest and you'll probably get entries.  Give away a Rocky Patel something or any other non-Cuban, any brand - and you'd be swamped with entries, I bet.

Voexum

Wow what a list lol, Congrats Shukpaw!
Christopher "Voexum"
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Voexum

"A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points but it is by no means the most interesting." - The Doctor

Bob Cordell

I got his winners pack together, A Partagas P, one of thse Romeo Habana Resreves, a Indian Tabac, a Perdomo and something else I cant remember at this juncture in the night!

:beer:

Congrats dude, you worked hard for the money!

:lmao:  :lmao:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Brlesq

Great job Shukpaw!  Its funny as hell that you had more songs than Bob had on his "winning" list. :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Shukpaw

:dancing:

Thanks Bob!

I have music listed under my interests in my profile.  I have a composition degree.  I also have one of the largest, most eclectic music collections I know of.  If it's not rap or country I might have it.

In college I studied composition and opera during the day then hung out with all the grunge bands at night.  A typical weekend in college would be Eugene Onegin (my favorite opera) at the Opera House Friday night.   Followed by dancing at a club downtown where say Pearl Jam would be playing.  Saturday, going up to Bellingham to see Nirvana and Mud Honey at Western Washington University.  Partying with the bands afterwards, but making sure I got home in time to sing in the choir at church on Sunday.  College was great.  :rolleyes:
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

nwb

QuoteShukpaw - 9/16/2010  2:14 AM

I have music listed under my interests in my profile.  I have a composition degree.  I also have one of the largest, most eclectic music collections I know of.  If it's not rap or country I might have it.

In college I studied composition and opera during the day then hung out with all the grunge bands at night.  A typical weekend in college would be Eugene Onegin (my favorite opera) at the Opera House Friday night.   Followed by dancing at a club downtown where say Pearl Jam would be playing.  Saturday, going up to Bellingham to see Nirvana and Mud Honey at Western Washington University.  Partying with the bands afterwards, but making sure I got home in time to sing in the choir at church on Sunday.  College was great.  :rolleyes:

Very cool, but what is wrong with rap and country. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

Quotenwb - 9/16/2010  4:51 AM

Nothing.  I just don't tend to like it and prefer most everything else.  I don't have anything agianst people who do like it, and there are definitely some very talented people doing those kinds of music.  I have maybe 10 rap or country CDs.  Sir Mix-a-Lot, who is local, and a couple Tim McGraw.  Live Like You Were Dying was a good CD.  Haley Dykes' (Doyle Dykes' daughter) CD is a very good Christian Country CD.

Bob Cordell

Tell you what, grab you a 12 pack of PBR and get about half way through and put on Merle Haggard and George Jones, your horizons will expand!

I was in a band that opened up for Merle once, class act guy, funny as hell and he likes George Dickel, not my favorite but when your on Merles tour bus and he hands you the bottle you dont complain!!!!

:dancing:

nwb

Just giving you a hard time.  I'm with you on the eclectic tastes - I'll listen to classical, opera, classic rock, grunge, hip-hop, country, and so on.

To be honest, I don't listen to much country, even though I've lived in GA most of my life.  In the 90's, I listened to a LOT of it, but that was when the likes of Garth Brooks, Tim McGraw, and later Kenny Chesney were popular.  Garth is still my favorite - his greatest hits CD is fantastic.

Rap is a different story.  For the most part, I don't like it.  However, I love hip-hop.  One of my favorite groups is OutKast.
Chief of Shaft

Shukpaw

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/16/2010  4:36 PM

Tell you what, grab you a 12 pack of PBR and get about half way through and put on Merle Haggard and George Jones, your horizons will expand!

I drink very infrequently and then only one.  So, your suggestion is half way through a twelve pack.  So, you are saying these bands sound better if you are getting sick while you listen to them.   :lmao:

Bob Cordell

Nooooooooo, just kidding a bit about that but a bit of PBR will help you relate to the "country" state of mind...

Listen to these...

Merle...

1 What have you got planned tonight Diana
2 I take alot of pride in what I am
3 Always wanting you
4 I wonder if they ever think of me
5 Misery and gin
6 If we make it through December
7 Lonesome Fugitive
8 Mamas hungry eyes
9 Carolyn
10 Mama tried

George Jones

1 Walk through this world with me
2 Bartenders Blues
3 When the grass grows over me
4 Shes my rock
5 Still doin time
6 The window up above
7 Still doin time
8 Choices
9 Yabba Dabba Do, the king is gone and so are you
10 Elusive Dreams (with Tammy)

Listen to them and tell me those arent quality songs!

whodeeni

If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

lowpro75

QuoteShukpaw - 9/16/2010  7:23 PM

Quotenwb - 9/16/2010  4:51 AM

Nothing.  I just don't tend to like it and prefer most everything else.  I don't have anything agianst people who do like it, and there are definitely some very talented people doing those kinds of music.  I have maybe 10 rap or country CDs.  Sir Mix-a-Lot, who is local, and a couple Tim McGraw.  Live Like You Were Dying was a good CD.  Haley Dykes' (Doyle Dykes' daughter) CD is a very good Christian Country CD.

My Posse's on Broadway is a underrated song.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Shukpaw

QuoteBob Cordell - 9/15/2010  6:46 PM

I got his winners pack together, A Partagas P, one of thse Romeo Habana Resreves, a Indian Tabac, a Perdomo and something else I cant remember at this juncture in the night!

:beer:

I got these today. Included with the cigars listed above is a Verdadero Organic Toro. Thanks again Bob.  I am looking forward to these.   :-)

Bob Cordell

Brlesq

Nice prizes Bob.  Glad to see that Neil won these, considering that he knew more answers than the guy who created the contest.  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 9/21/2010  10:50 AM

Nice prizes Bob.  Glad to see that Neil won these, considering that he knew more answers than the guy who created the contest.  :biggrin:

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.