blind review trade...

Started by emind56, 03/06/2008 06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

Somehow I thot the same smoke would be sent to each member for comparitive reviews. I dunno?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

QuoteNewGuy - 3/8/2008  6:49 AM

Somehow I thot the same smoke would be sent to each member for comparitive reviews. I dunno?

Rack

This was my thinking as well.  The idea is just that each week one of the participants sends out 1 cigar each (of the same kind) to each of the other participants, then we all do comparitive blind reviews.  Post our reviews in a common thread.  Then the member who sent them out reveals what the smoke was, we all laugh about it etc.  Then by then its time for the next cigar......I hope thats clear.  If someone has a better idea as to how to make this easy and painless, I'm open to that to.

In thinking about it.  All participants could send the appropriate amount of cigars  to one central location up front.  Then this member could redistribute the cigars labled 1-4 or whatever to each participant, and then we could just review them one a week for however many weeks......THis might actually be simpler.  Since it was my idea I'd be happy to facilitate it, but do understand that I'm new around here, so if its a trust thing. I'm happy to send my gars off to someone else.  

Ideas?

kgoings

I think it would be easier to do it the way you originally said, this week person A does it then person B then C and so on. Similar to the cigar pass. If you want to start a new thread to kick this first one off that would be fine. No need to ship the cigars twice...once to you and then again for you to ship them out...

Bob Cordell

I thought that was the deal also, we all review the same cigars, not knowing which one is which and see what the consensus is. We have to number or letter the cigars so the sender will know which review goes with which stick, right?

I'm confused now...but like the Beatles song goes..."we can work it out"
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

kgoings

emind run the first one how you want, when it is finished we will discuss what worked what didnt and how to make it better!

Bob Cordell

Maybe my idea wont work either, if we all know what everybody else is sending...

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Bob%20Cordell
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

NewGuy

Quotekgoings - 3/8/2008  5:46 PM

emind run the first one how you want, when it is finished we will discuss what worked what didnt and how to make it better!

That may be the thing to emind - get ithis thing off the ground and adjust in flight!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Ok new thread coming soon.....

kgoings

When you starting the new thread?

emind56

Today I promise....have no fear.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.