What are you reading these days?

Started by emind56, 03/04/2008 10:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

I'm always on the hunt for a good book to read.  I'm curently reading a book entitled The Davis Dynasty.  Which is a look at arguably the second greatest investor of all time and his family.  Very good read, if your into that sort of thing.
So how about the rest of you?

kgoings

The last "non-self help" type book I read was Tweleve Ordinary Men, I tremendosly enjoyed the book. It is written by John MacArthur and other scholors, kind of a best guess biography of the tweleve disciples. They gave supporting facts for their opinions, interesting read.

The last few "self help" type books I have read are

Learning PERL
Programing PERL
Posing for Portrait Photography

Sports Photography is one of my other hobbies that actually makes me a little money, and I am trying to get into portraits and weddings.

Duker511

Its funny this comes up now. I just today started a book written by Tarsa Grescoe called The Devils Picnic. I just read another book by him that I loved.(The End Of Elsewhere: Travels Among The Tourists). If your not familiar with him, he writes about his travels around the world in a different way than most. He writes about off the beaten path sort of tourism, like things to see and do in Paris other than the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, and Notre Dame. He tells you how to enter the tunnels under Paris, and where to go to have a meal containing epoisses cheese, and where to go to find a nice absinthe cocktail(not that I would try either). If you travel, and want to do some things, and see some things that are not in brochures I think you would like his books. Even if you dont travel, he is a talented and exciting author.
Tim

emind56

Those travel books sound pretty cool.  I wish I had time to get out and travel more often.  But what are you gonna do?

Duker511

Quoteemind56 - 3/5/2008  10:51 PM

Those travel books sound pretty cool.  I wish I had time to get out and travel more often.  But what are you gonna do?

I travel up and down the east coast for work, and try to mix in a little pleasure. In the past I traveled quite a bit for fun, but now I have to make money instead of spend it. These books are still cool even if you dont go to the places, he is a great author.
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.