Lighters and Cutters

Started by Feynix, 10/16/2010 04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

OK you bastard.....This thread got stuck in my head and in my last drunken CBid run, I have now added a Colibri V-Cut, and a Palio to my collection...Or I will as soon as they are shipped....I was lucky to lose out on several other Lighters and Cutters...LOL  Damage not overly bad overall, but boy it could have been A LOT worse...LOL
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

05Venturer

Resurrected Enablement
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

I have had bad luck with Xikar lighters recently. Every one I own is the replacement from a previous purchase and have even threw away a few cheap ones. I do have a Ronson and 2 Alec Bradley double flames that have outlasted the Xikars :(

"The Curmudgeon"

toby2

TheSmokedBlade

Double guillotines from S.T. Dupont (maxi-cutters, credit card), Duhill sterling silver double guillotine & punch, Davidoff small stainless steel scissors, Avo black and gilded gold double punch, Elie Bleu Double Guillotine, Cyril Brizard cocobolo punch, many Xi1/2/3's Xikar XO, Xi11 punch, brushed silver vx, Colibri V-cutter, BOTL Palio, and a myriad of other no name cutters.
A ton of crapped out Colibri lighters from earlier on in my Cigar life, a Prometheus in-line triple jet torch, 3 Maxijets, an ExII Havana Yellow, 3x Ligne II's, a gatsby, a petit Ligne I, a rollagas, 2 uniques, a kiribi kabuto, two or three AB's... a couple KGM-Vector's, and some odds and ends here and there....

I'll be blunt, Dupont's are expensive, but they offer the best bang for the buck imo, I bought my first one back in early 2007 from Bonita's for $350 on special, hasn't required any servicing to date, I prefer a soft flame over a torch hands down, and I've got a lot of torches, and with their recent release of the multi-fill canisters, well yes the fuel is still not cheap. However on average I can light 100 cigars per charge, so three-four refills a year is all one those three will need per annum. I like accessories almost as much as I like cigars.
something should go here, I've no witty banter to employ, so enjoy, my ploy... got nothin

McBryde

QuotePETE314 - 10/25/2017  6:56 AM

OK you bastard.....This thread got stuck in my head and in my last drunken CBid run, I have now added a Colibri V-Cut, and a Palio to my collection...Or I will as soon as they are shipped....I was lucky to lose out on several other Lighters and Cutters...LOL  Damage not overly bad overall, but boy it could have been A LOT worse...LOL

Yeah you could have been like Stephen and ordered $2000 worth of smiley faced crap!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

PETE314

QuoteMcBryde - 10/26/2017  6:23 PM  
QuotePETE314 - 10/25/2017  6:56 AM  OK you bastard.....This thread got stuck in my head and in my last drunken CBid run, I have now added a Colibri V-Cut, and a Palio to my collection...Or I will as soon as they are shipped....I was lucky to lose out on several other Lighters and Cutters...LOL  Damage not overly bad overall, but boy it could have been A LOT worse...LOL
Yeah you could have been like Stephen and ordered $2000 worth of smiley faced crap!  E

Yeah Stephen has always been a little enthusiastic...LOL

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.