Hey Larry, why cant they get the hang of voting...

Started by Bob Cordell, 03/06/2008 09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

...down there in Florida? Whats the matter with that bunch?

In 2000 there was tumult, wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth, the skys falling over voter disenfranchisement!

In 2008 as I understand it the DNC warned that if they moved the primary up, they would lose their delegates, but they chose to do it anyway.

Now we have  tumult, wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth, the skys falling over voter disenfranchisement! Its all starting over again.

Cant you straighten that bunch out down there? They cant get the hang of it can they?

Do something!

:lmao:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/6/2008  10:04 PM

...down there in Florida? Whats the matter with that bunch?

In 2000 there was tumult, wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth, the skys falling over voter disenfranchisement!

In 2008 as I understand it the DNC warned that if they moved the primary up, they would lose their delegates, but they chose to do it anyway.

Now we have  tumult, wringing of hands, gnashing of teeth, the skys falling over voter disenfranchisement! Its all starting over again.

Cant you straighten that bunch out down there? They cant get the hang of it can they?

Do something!

:lmao:

The people of Florida didn't vote for that change of date, the state legislature did. They thought the DNC was bluffing. After all, how do you disenfranchise two whole states' worth of your own party voters? I blame the DNC. They're acting heavy-handedly and anti-democratically. The democrats of Florida have already voted. It should be illegal to ignore the vote or insist on redoing it months later. Elections should be sacrosanct.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/11/2008  3:04 PM

What do you think will happen in the end?

I'm not a fortune teller. I do know that the decision either way will affect who the ultimate candidate will be.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

I don't understand how the national committee can just ignore the people of an entire state, just because they moved up the date of their primary.  That is so childish.  When did we get back to high school?  Count the votes and let their delegates show up at the convention.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 3/11/2008  11:28 PM

I don't understand how the national committee can just ignore the people of an entire state, just because they moved up the date of their primary.  That is so childish.  When did we get back to high school?  Count the votes and let their delegates show up at the convention.

I get the impression Howard Dean's ego was bruised when they ignored his warnings about moving the date up. He's standing fast, but it appears to be to save face rather than to benefit the Party or the country.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 3/12/2008  12:33 AM
I get the impression Howard Dean's ego was bruised when they ignored his warnings about moving the date up. He's standing fast, but it appears to be to save face rather than to benefit the Party or the country.

Maybe he should just cry about it instead!  So one man's feelings got hurt, so he has to hurt not only his party but the people of Florida too?  Politics is just getting more and more unbelievable as the years pass.  Just about everyone will do just about anything to get their way.  It doesn't matter if the people get hurt.  It's all about ego and getting whatever it is that you want, and it doesn't matter who you hurt on the way.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.