Fruitful pass

Started by NewGuy, 03/07/2008 05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewGuy

Thanks to the participants the recently ended Stogie Round-up was very productive. I think I earned the distinction of being the only member other our site owner to earn points in all catagories. That is I was awarded points for hosting a cigar pass. The Stogie Round-up netted over 200 replies in a thread, which means members cashed in on over 200 pts. Time will tell, but our database of reviews will probably also be enriched by some of the takes made by participants. At some point I'll try to go thru and verify that all the stickds inthe pass are in the database.

Hopefully a new pass will pop up soon.
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

Thanks for hosting the pass!  It was definitely a pleasure to be involved.   :dancing:

NewGuy

Glad to have you along mhuss! I just fired off 10 cigars to the database for approval after checking the DB for entries on all the passed cigars.

The Drew Estate Java was the one not listed in the database and it comes in 5 diff. sizes and two diff. wrappers. Larry currently has the Rocky Patel version listed in the DB as this was a collaboration J. Drew and Rocky P. The one in pass was def. Drew Estate and is labeled so.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 3/7/2008  9:50 PM
I just fired off 10 cigars to the database for approval after checking the DB for entries on all the passed cigars.

You're just racking up the points from the Pass!   :bigthumbs:

NewGuy

Note to others: Host a pass!!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

kgoings

I really want to host a pass, but I am building my stash. Coming Soon! A kgoings Cigar Pass near you!

NewGuy

Quotekgoings - 3/7/2008  10:04 PM

I really want to host a pass, but I am building my stash. Coming Soon! A kgoings Cigar Pass near you!

Rock on kgoings! Fire when ready!  :rocker:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

QuoteNewGuy - 3/7/2008  9:50 PM

I just fired off 10 cigars to the database for approval after checking the DB for entries on all the passed cigars.

Rack

Larry just fired off 50 more points my by posting the sticks into the database! Thank you sir.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 3/8/2008  12:15 AM
Larry just fired off 50 more points my by posting the sticks into the database! Thank you sir.

Larry is good like that.  He just hooked me up this past week with a truckload of points for some database entries, as well.  

Rack, a lot of those sticks that were in the Pass weren't in the DB?

NewGuy

The final pass lot has checked and each stick is in the database. The Drew Estate Java was the only one not listed. Which ones are you talking about?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 3/8/2008  9:24 AM

The final pass lot has checked and each stick is in the database. The Drew Estate Java was the only one not listed. Which ones are you talking about?

Rack

Oh, nevermind then.  I thought I read on an earlier post that you were inputting all those sticks in the DB because they weren't in there.  I must have read your post wrong.  My bad!

NewGuy

No sweat. I said I was going check each one. THe mass point accumulation was due to the Java coming in two diff wrappers and 5 diff sizes. Our members are are really good about boosting the DB.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteNewGuy - 3/8/2008  9:29 AM

No sweat. I said I was going check each one. THe mass point accumulation was due to the Java coming in two diff wrappers and 5 diff sizes. Our members are are really good about boosting the DB.

Rack

There ya go......50 points for you just like that!  And all pretty much from seeing one cigar!  Nice work.

NewGuy

When you go turning over rocks you never know what you are going to find  :biggrin:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

That was alot of fun.  Thanks, NewGuy.

NewGuy

Sure thing Clint. Thanks for going all the way to Nic. to pick up some sticks for the pass!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

Whatever I can do to help.   :thumbsup:

NewGuy

I heard at the smoke shop today that I was really going to enjoy the DK Brown label.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

I like the Brown alot, but my favorite is the Red label.  I normally seem to go for the maduros more, but that Red was very flavorful to me.

NewGuy

Great! I can't wait to try them both!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

Yeah, seriously, let me know what you think of both of them.

NewGuy

No problem, I will at least post a review.

Rack

Rack

"Man is not an island"

NewGuy

Just posted favorable reviews of both of them. I tried not to be negatively influenced by the comments of the locals, some of which were anti-ACID (couldn't resist that one)  :lmao:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.