Resend=forward=mail=get them out!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

emind56

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/12/2008  6:57 AM

Resend=forward=mail=get them out!

That sounds about right.

kgoings

So I have never sent nor received cigars in the mail. How should I package them so they are okay? I need to send them out today.

Bob Cordell

I think a small cardboard box would do. You might want to fill it with tissue or bubble wrap to keep them from bouncing around in transit. The Post Office should be able to help...

emind56

Quotekgoings - 3/12/2008  9:56 AM

So I have never sent nor received cigars in the mail. How should I package them so they are okay? I need to send them out today.

If you go down to the post office, they will have for free priority mail boxes that are a bit bigger than a vhs tape, thats what I usually use.  Pack the smokes up in a regular cigar bag, I then usually wrap the loose ends of the bag up and tape it.  Then I stick the bag in the box surrounded by newspaper to give it a bit of cusion.  Then go down to the post office and ask them to ship the box priority with delivery confirmation, this will alow us to track the progress.  

Hope that helps

Also I got two boxes so far, one from Bob and the other from ljlemer.  So rest easy brothers your smokes are resting comfortably at a constant 65-65

NewGuy

Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

I decided which smoke I'm sending out today.  I can't wait to see the blind reviews of them.  I wonder if any of you guys will be able to guess what the smoke is?  :confused:   I'm actually glad I'm going first, I don't want to wait to see the reviews of the smoke.

NewGuy

Thanks for kicking this off emind. I look forward to the reviews also.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

I'm not even part of this and i'm looking forward to seeing this thing play out.  Great idea!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

emind56

As soon as its done we ought to do another....if there's more interest we could do more than one at a time....I got plenty of smokes that I'd like to see what others think of them.

ljlemer

QuoteAlso I got two boxes so far, one from Bob and the other from ljlemer.  So rest easy brothers your smokes are resting comfortably at a constant 65-65

I keep mine at 70-75 and the ones I sent you are still too dry for me. I get the impression you'll find them just right. Like them crispy and crunchy? The head is easy to rehumidify with saliva.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

Quoteljlemer - 3/12/2008  8:08 PM

QuoteAlso I got two boxes so far, one from Bob and the other from ljlemer.  So rest easy brothers your smokes are resting comfortably at a constant 65-65

I keep mine at 70-75 and the ones I sent you are still too dry for me. I get the impression you'll find them just right. Like them crispy and crunchy? The head is easy to rehumidify with saliva.

At 65F and 65RH I always find my smokes still have a nice spring to them not crunchy.  I think though 70 would be fine too anything more than that though and you being to start running the risk of a mold attack.

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/13/2008  12:57 AM

Quoteljlemer - 3/12/2008  8:08 PM

At 65F and 65RH I always find my smokes still have a nice spring to them not crunchy.  I think though 70 would be fine too anything more than that though and you being to start running the risk of a mold attack.

I think I avoid mold by dropping down to 65 or less between refills of 50-50 solution. I top off at 75%, but it falls quickly. By the time I check again, the humidifiers are all dried out, and I check fairly often.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

We should be getting our first smoke in the next few days then, right?

I'm not good at details sometimes, where will we review the smokes? Will we make a new thread?

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/12/2008  9:40 PM

As soon as its done we ought to do another....if there's more interest we could do more than one at a time....I got plenty of smokes that I'd like to see what others think of them.

I don't want to know anything about the cigar I test, not even who it came from. Lots of factors can influence the rating, like your relationship with the provider.

Thomas Mann

emind56

I will send them out as soon as they're all here and accounted for.  I will band each smoke 1-4 and then send them off, I won't name names....so I'll be the only one who knows for sure which number is which.....after each smoke is reviewed I'll reveal whose it was, and then he can reveal what the smoke was.....fair enough?

kgoings

Sent via ups should be there tomorrow

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/13/2008  7:33 PM

I will send them out as soon as they're all here and accounted for.  I will band each smoke 1-4 and then send them off, I won't name names....so I'll be the only one who knows for sure which number is which.....after each smoke is reviewed I'll reveal whose it was, and then he can reveal what the smoke was.....fair enough?

Perfect!

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Quoteljlemer - 3/13/2008  8:22 PM

Perfect!

Sounds good!

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/13/2008  10:43 PM

Quoteljlemer - 3/13/2008  8:22 PM

Perfect!

Sounds good!

Rack

I say "perfect" and you hear "good"? Get your hearing checked. Wait, I forgot. This is like the rating system. I reviewed your plan and gave it a perfect rating. Then you reviewed my reaction to it and gave it a good rating. Now I get it.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

emind56

Last two boxes arived today....If I can convince the little woman to hit up the P.O for me the boxes will be in the mail on Monday....Otherwise it will have to be tuesday, as I'm in the office from 7am to 8pm on Mondays.

NewGuy

Cool! Blind smokes are going to be fun.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Boxes are ready to go and will be in transit tommorow.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.