Inaugaraual CG Blind Taste Test Trade

Started by emind56, 03/10/2008 12:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/18/2008  12:19 AM

Boxes are ready to go and will be in transit tommorow.

I can't wait!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 3/17/2008  11:19 PM

Boxes are ready to go and will be in transit tommorow.

YEA! You shipping UPS or USPS?

Bob Cordell

Whoopie! They should be here soon!

:dancing:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

emind56

boxes are in transit my brothers, and should be arriving in 2-3 days I would assume.  Then we can get going....Everyone will know their own number, only I know everyone's number.  So that should keep it mostly impartal.  I was hoping that we could do more thorough reviews than usual, I'm working on a format that we can all follow I'll post it up in the next day or so.  That is unless one of you fellas has an idea for a format that would be good.  I'm thinking of having a rating and/or a description for each of the following:  Apperance, construction, prelight aroma, flavor notes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) then summary.  maybe doing 1-5 for each category, then a further 1-5 for an overall rating.  What do you guys think?  Any other suggestions :confused:

ljlemer

I'm only allowed to smoke from 12 midnight Mon-Tues to 12 midnight Thurs-Fri. Any cigars that arrive late this week can't be smoked til then. I'm P-whipped.

Thomas Mann

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 3/18/2008  10:00 PM

boxes are in transit my brothers, and should be arriving in 2-3 days I would assume.  Then we can get going....Everyone will know their own number, only I know everyone's number.  So that should keep it mostly impartal.  I was hoping that we could do more thorough reviews than usual, I'm working on a format that we can all follow I'll post it up in the next day or so.  That is unless one of you fellas has an idea for a format that would be good.  I'm thinking of having a rating and/or a description for each of the following:  Apperance, construction, prelight aroma, flavor notes (1/3, 2/3, 3/3) then summary.  maybe doing 1-5 for each category, then a further 1-5 for an overall rating.  What do you guys think?  Any other suggestions :confused:

That sounds about what I was going to recommend. Are we going to be continueing the review in this thread? Or should we have other threads for each review i.e. Inaugaraual CG Blind TTT Week 1, Week 2 and so on...or Cigar 1, Cigar 2,...

NewGuy

I would rec. a separate thread so we pick them out easily for a cut and paste job into the database when we're through - my .05 worth.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Sounds good to me fellas.  When the boxes start arriving, I'll post up a new thread and the first post will have a layout of the format.  Again if you guys can think of better ways to do this, do tell so we can be more efficient in the future.  I'm really excited to start reviewing....

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 3/19/2008  10:15 PM

Sounds good to me fellas.  When the boxes start arriving, I'll post up a new thread and the first post will have a layout of the format.  Again if you guys can think of better ways to do this, do tell so we can be more efficient in the future.  I'm really excited to start reviewing....

So far so good, ;)

emind56

Any boxes arrive yet? just curious

Bob Cordell

Nothing here yet..probably tomorrow. :dancing:

kgoings

kgoings

Actually I DID GET MINE! My day keeps getting better! My wife got them and didnt tell me.

emind56

I always get nervous when boxes are in the air...you'd think after 8 years of sending smokes back and forth I'd calm down...not in my nature I guess  :crazy:

ljlemer

Quotekgoings - 3/20/2008  11:51 PM

Actually I DID GET MINE! My day keeps getting better! My wife got them and didnt tell me.

Unless my wife got them and didn't tell me, I didn't get them. Had I gotten them today, I could've smoked one. My next smoke day is Monday night at the stroke of midnight, otherwise known as the beginning of Tuesday. I'll be waiting when the mailman comes to make sure I get it.

Thomas Mann

emind56

Quoteljlemer - 3/20/2008  11:32 PM

Unless my wife got them and didn't tell me, I didn't get them. Had I gotten them today, I could've smoked one. My next smoke day is Monday night at the stroke of midnight, otherwise known as the beginning of Tuesday. I'll be waiting when the mailman comes to make sure I get it.

on the bright side, at least your selection will be good and rested in the humi when you can smoke them.

Bob Cordell

Hey Larry, am I understanding right...you cant have a cigar on the weekend?

Say it isnt so!

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/21/2008  10:36 AM

Hey Larry, am I understanding right...you cant have a cigar on the weekend?

Say it isnt so!

That is correct. It is so. My wife wants to enjoy the unspoiled natural fragrance of her husband on her days off. She can make me forget my cigars when everything clicks.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/21/2008  10:02 AM

Quoteljlemer - 3/20/2008  11:32 PM

on the bright side, at least your selection will be good and rested in the humi when you can smoke them.

It arrived today!!!!!!!!!

Thomas Mann

emind56

Check new thread for Cigar #1 reviews

NewGuy

Rack

"Man is not an island"

Bob Cordell

Sorry to hear that Larry...I understand though, shes wants Daddy all fresh and nice smelling huh? Lay that pipe like a real pro!

Everybody clap for Larry...go get it!

As far as the 1st pass goes of this kind, lets all keep in mind one thing. Everybody might hate the cigars that one of us put in but let's not take it personal, ok? I think this is the first one of its kind.

I really didnt know what I was contributing but happen to get a 5 pack in on the day I should be mailing. If nobody likes my smokes for example I wont take it personal. Nobody else should either if their smokes get negative reviews...ok? I did read the reviews on mine and generally got good marks but who knows what others will think.

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/21/2008  10:09 PM

1) Lay that pipe like a real pro!

2) Everybody clap for Larry....

1) Can't smoke my pipe either.

2) One of the great things about monogamous marriage is no clap. No syph either.

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.