Any interest in a "Rags to Riches" pass?

Started by emind56, 03/13/2008 11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

Just trying to guage interest in a new pass.  The theme is "Rags to Riches".   The starting lineup will include some:
OpusX, aged ISOMS, highend domestics, and also some budget sticks that I really like.  This will be more of a taste pass than a $$$ pass.  Basicly, try to keep the trades even,  but if there is a highend stick you really want to try and you don't have a high end stick to replace it with then put in two cheaper smokes that you really think are great, to keep the trade evenish.  
Hows that sound
For this pass dollar value will be secondary to flavor value.  Kind of a scouts honor sort of situation.  

What do you guys think  :confused:

Bob Cordell

Sounds interesting...

I thought it had something to do with Tony Bennett at first!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

emind56

Evrything has something to do With Bennet....he is the stargate

Some of the potential lineup:
Bolivar Corona Gigantes '98
Bolivar Beliciso Fino '98
RASS '98
CORO '98
Punch Churchill '01
Upmann Monarch '98
OpusX Churchill '99
OpusX Petit Lancero (I think thats what its called) '99
OpusX Robusto '99
Padron Anny
RP Decade
Cubano Classico Robusto (An outstanding local housebrand) One of my favs and 6-10 a stick)
Cubano Classico Robusto Larga
Cubano Classico Beli
Indian Tabac Super Fuerte
TNT Alt to Padron Anny Toro
TNT Alt to Padron Anny Beli
JR Alt to Monte C
RP vintage '92
Various other domestics that I enjoy

list subject to change depending on how many participants we get

emind56

Also forgot to add....there will be a contest attached to the pass for a very rare smoke....details to follow as my slow mind can figure out the details

ljlemer

Your concept isn't a whole lot different than what we have now. We always had the option of swapping a $12 cigar with three $4s.
It was always about being fair. Having said that, your idea for starting a new pass looks good. Kgoings might be first in line though.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

not trying to ace anyone out, just wanted to get one going.  I could start it and kgoings could get credit for it as far as I'm concerned.

kgoings

ljlemer

Quotekgoings - 3/14/2008  2:24 AM

Start it up! I am in!

Me, too!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

qman22

Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

mhuss

I may have to take a pass on this one.  My current inventory doesn't include many sticks that I haven't tried yet.  And I really don't want to give any up that I haven't already smoked.  And with my hettic schedule lately, I wouldn't want to hold up the box from going out in a timely fashion.  For example, it took me almost a week to get Paul's end of our trade out to him.  So sorry, I'm going to have to hold out on this one.

NewGuy

I am going to pass on this pass also. I nearly exhausted my remaining stash while the Stogie Round-up circulated and upon it's return I only got four of the original sticks back and the others I hadn't reviewed yet. Since then I have burned two of those original four and don't have the trading stock for another pass now. I am glad to see another one going so quickly and I know there is alot of interest.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

Turboknat

I recognized some some of the names of the sticks you mentioned, but I am not up on the prices on most of them.  What is the average price range for the sticks?

emind56

Not sure on an average but the range is 1-15 I'd say maybe 1-10

SenorPablo

I'm always in for a new pass.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

emind56

After the little girl goes to sleep tonight I'll set it up all official like

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.