Rags to Riches

Started by emind56, 03/14/2008 10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Rags to Riches'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

emind56

This pass is all about flavor and personal favorites my brothers.

I'm going to start the pass with a number of my personal favorites.  Some will cost around a buck some will cost around 15 bucks.   All will be great smokes IMHO.  

My hope for the pass is that everyone gets to try something that they have wanted to try.  

This pass will be a scouts honor sort of thing.   Hopefully we all can play nice, and share well.  Which from reading the threads of the past passes doesn't seem like it will be a problem.

There will be a couple of contests and suprises along the way, so it ought to be fun for all.
Smoke line up to follow

mhuss

As I posted in one of the other threads, I'm unfortunately going to have to take a pass on this one.  My schedule has been way too hettic lately.  In addition to that, the inventory I currently have in my humi is pretty much single cigars of sticks that I haven't had the chance to sample yet.  And I really dislike giving up cigars that I have, but haven't smoked yet.  So I am going to sit this one out (unless something changes before the Pass gets underway).

SenorPablo

I would be interested in joining the pass but I don't have ISOMs to trade with.  So not sure I would be a good fit for this pass.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

emind56

Your a perfect fit Paul.  I was hoping that some of you guys who don't have any will get to try some of my favs. and that way I can share my love for them and we can increase the number of reviews of Habanos in the db.

SenorPablo

Allright then i'm in!
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

I want to be educated about the ISOM but I don't have a contrabandista, I mean, supplier. Bomb me the first lesson. Wait. I'm a fast learner. Bomb me the first few lessons. I promise a great book report, I mean, review.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

I'm sure there will be some in the box when it comes to you my friend

We need more participants....come on fellas  :dancing:

emind56

Updated the begining cigar list....more to come (I gotta look through the humi) :dancing:

emind56

We need at least 4 more BOTL to make this pass complete...come on fellas.

Bob Cordell

I feel stupid but what does the term "ISOM" mean?  From what I've gathered, I'm figuring its a high end cigar with a hefty price tag. I wont be taking any of those...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/17/2008  10:54 AM
I feel stupid but what does the term "ISOM" mean?  From what I've gathered, I'm figuring its a high end cigar with a hefty price tag. I wont be taking any of those...

I actually had to ask the same question a few months ago.  It stands for Island South Of Miami, obviously meaning Cuba.

qman22

Quoteemind56 - 3/17/2008  10:00 AM

We need at least 4 more BOTL to make this pass complete...come on fellas.

I am a bit surprised with the lack of participation.  This is a great opportunity to smoke some pretty out of the ordinary cigars!  I am pretty pumped about it
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

kgoings

Yea whats up! Come on people sign up!

kgoings

Looks like this baby is ready to go!

mhuss

Quotekgoings - 3/25/2008  8:30 AM
Looks like this baby is ready to go!

Yep, it looks like it.  Let's get it on!   :dancing:

qman22

alright! nice to see we have 10 ppl.
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

SenorPablo

Ok let's get it going.  I'm jonesing for another pass.

NewGuy

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/25/2008  9:10 PM

Ok let's get it going.  I'm jonesing for another pass.

Could you add that 'jonesing' to the term page? Does this contrast with 'smithing' or 'McGilskiing'?

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

SenorPablo

QuoteNewGuy - 3/25/2008  9:15 PM
Could you add that 'jonesing' to the term page? Does this contrast with 'smithing' or 'McGilskiing'?
Rack

Too damn funny.  I had to post it....

From the Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jonesing

jonesing -
 to have a strong need, desire, or craving for something.
see also: jones

Sheeeit beeeitch after smokin' dat weed I'm jonesing for some grub!

Shaniqua is mad jonesing for Rasheed, dat bitch follow him around everywhere.

emind56

sorry for the delay in the begining of the pass fellas.  I've been working 12-13 hours a day this week.  I will do my best to get the box off thursday or friday, but it may have to wait until Monday....again I apologize for the delay, but its very hectic at the office right now.

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 3/25/2008 8:36 PM sorry for the delay in the begining of the pass fellas. I've been working 12-13 hours a day this week. I will do my best to get the box off thursday or friday, but it may have to wait until Monday....again I apologize for the delay, but its very hectic at the office right now.

Is the box enroute?

emind56

Box will be on the fly Monday in the am.

NewGuy

QuoteSenorPablo - 3/25/2008  9:39 PM

QuoteNewGuy - 3/25/2008  9:15 PM
Rack

Too damn funny.  I had to post it....

From the Urban Dictionary:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jonesing

jonesing -
 to have a strong need, desire, or craving for something.
see also: jones

Sheeeit beeeitch after smokin' dat weed I'm jonesing for some grub!

Shaniqua is mad jonesing for Rasheed, dat bitch follow him around everywhere.

Thank you Paul

I am quite clear on that now!
 :lmao:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Alright fellas box is all set to begin its journey tommorow.  Fla will be the first stop.  Then the box will track north up the coast to MD before heading back to AZ.  There are several ISOM smokes in the box at this point.  Please if you have no Habanos to replace your takes with, just take one of the ISOMS so as many as would care to will have a chance to partake in the forbiden fruit.  Otherwise lets play fair and have a good time.   Check out the initial smoke list, there are 17 cigars in play right now, some of my favorites, and some of my favorite daily smokes, thus the name Rags to Riches.   :dancing:  :dancing:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.