Rags to Riches

Started by emind56, 03/14/2008 10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Ok Guys I got back earlier than I had planned.  I picked up the box today - what a pretty picture. :biggrin:  I'll send it out tomorrow.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

emind56

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 5/8/2008 4:18 PM Almost home now

Ohhhhhhh yeaaaaaaa!

burn1

Woo Hoo Hope there is another one after this

SenorPablo

Well, I managed to get the thing out yesterday morning.  That tupperware container would not have fit another smoke.  I repowered the humidity pack.  It's on the way to Kirk now.

I included a Pinar 3000.  This is made from pre-embargo tobacco from the late 1950s.  Needless to say, very well aged.  I'd love to hear your opinion.  You can't really find them anymore as all the tobacco has been used up.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Turboknat

I think this was a really good pass!  It was fun watching the sticks change.

mhuss

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/10/2008  10:05 AM
I included a Pinar 3000.  This is made from pre-embargo tobacco from the late 1950s.  Needless to say, very well aged.  I'd love to hear your opinion.  You can't really find them anymore as all the tobacco has been used up.

A local store here in Reading has several boxes of them.  Another store in Pottstown (that is more of a beer distributor) also has them.  But I wouldn't buy them there, though, as I don't think they take decent care of their cigar stock.

As a side note, I just smoked one the other day.  The aroma and the flavor were awesome, but the burn and draw left a lot to be desired.  I'd like to try another one to see if it was just that particular stick.  I can't imagine that all of them are such a chore to smoke.

SenorPablo

Quotemhuss - 5/10/2008  11:30 AM
A local store here in Reading has several boxes of them.  Another store in Pottstown (that is more of a beer distributor) also has them.  But I wouldn't buy them there, though, as I don't think they take decent care of their cigar stock.

What is the name of the store that has them?  Do you have their phone number?  I might be interested in picking some more up.  I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks,
-Paul

ljlemer

Well, I managed to get the thing out yesterday morning.  That tupperware container would not have fit another smoke.  I repowered the humidity pack.  It's on the way to Kirk now.

-Paul

Nooooooooo!!!!! That Pinar 3000 had my name on it! (on the back of the label). I ordered a 2000, forgetting how bad they are compared to the 3000s.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

As a side note, I just smoked one the other day.  The aroma and the flavor were awesome, but the burn and draw left a lot to be desired.  I'd like to try another one to see if it was just that particular stick.  I can't imagine that all of them are such a chore to smoke.

I had no such trouble. I gave it 5 stars. Maybe the best cigar I ever smoked. Compare that with the 3.5 stars I just gave your beloved Medianoche.

Thomas Mann

kgoings

Puts and Takes submitted, try and get it out tomorrow.

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 5/10/2008  10:32 PM
I had no such trouble. I gave it 5 stars. Maybe the best cigar I ever smoked. Compare that with the 3.5 stars I just gave your beloved Medianoche.

Yeah, I read your review of the Pinar before I even went out and purchased it.  This is the first I'm learning of your review of the MN, though.  I'll have to see what you thought about it.  I guess it goes hand-in-hand though.  You loved the Pinar, but I had a bit of trouble with it.  And I loved the MN, but you didn't think it was all that.  Different people like different things.  I am little surprised to hear that you weren't really impressed with MN, though.

mhuss

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/10/2008  2:38 PM
What is the name of the store that has them?  Do you have their phone number?  I might be interested in picking some more up.  I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks,
-Paul

The name of the store is Cigar Cigars, and is located in the Fairgrounds Square shopping mall here in Reading, PA.  They have a few other locations sprinkled around southeastern PA, as well.  I don't know for sure if the other locations have them, though.  But I do know for certain that the store here in Reading has them.  In fact, they have them in about three or four different sizes.  I have the store listed in our Places DB.  But for convienence-sake, their phone number is 610-406-5480.

And actually, I just checked the listing I provided in our Places DB, and the phone number isn't listed.  I guess at the time, I didn't have it.  But there it is!  If you would like to add it to the listing in the Places DB, be my guest.

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 5/13/2008  12:16 AM

Thanks,
-Paul

The name of the store is Cigar Cigars, and is located in the Fairgrounds Square shopping mall here in Reading, PA.  They have a few other locations sprinkled around southeastern PA, as well.  I don't know for sure if the other locations have them, though.  But I do know for certain that the store here in Reading has them.  In fact, they have them in about three or four different sizes.  I have the store listed in our Places DB.  But for convienence-sake, their phone number is 610-406-5480.

And actually, I just checked the listing I provided in our Places DB, and the phone number isn't listed.  I guess at the time, I didn't have it.  But there it is!  If you would like to add it to the listing in the Places DB, be my guest.

I just added the phone number. I found a store online that sells pinar 300s. I'll go back now and find it again.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 5/13/2008  12:43 AM
I just added the phone number.

Thanks for adding the phone for that listing.  I could have looked at the matchbook that they hand out when you make a purchase at their store.  That's where I just found it to let Paul know.  I guess I could have looked when I was adding the store in the Places DB.   :crazy:

ljlemer

Thanks,
-Paul

http://www.tinderboxvegas.com/index.fx?cart_id=3776181.29605&cid=&csm=

http://store.pipesandcigars.com/pinar.html

http://www.rockyscigars.com/catalog.asp?prodid=477756

http://www.cigars.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

http://www.brucespipeshop.com/CigarPinar3000.htm

http://bnbcigars.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=345_458&zenid=dfc464c762edf7c0501d098921e7061f

This should get you started.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

The Tinderbox link seemingly has none available.  The quantity is grey-out and the cost listed is $0.00.  And when you click 'Inquire', it states that it isn't available online.  And the other two links require you purchase them in bulk.

I am editing this to toot my own horn to state that this was my 2500th point!  No replies are necessary, really.  Just wanted to celebrate on my own!   :shades:

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 5/13/2008  1:03 AM

The Tinderbox link seemingly has none available.  The quantity is grey-out and the cost listed is $0.00.  And when you click 'Inquire', it states that it isn't available online.  And the other two links require you purchase them in bulk.

I am editing this to toot my own horn to state that this was my 2500th point!  No replies are necessary, really.  Just wanted to celebrate on my own!   :shades:

They say to CALL for more info. HAPPY 2500th!!!!!! :dancing:

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 5/13/2008  1:11 AM

And when someone says to "Call for more info," that scares me!

And thanks for the congrats!  I am enjoying a great glass of Appleton VX to celebrate!   :biggrin:

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 5/13/2008  1:17 AM

Quoteljlemer - 5/13/2008  1:11 AM

And when someone says to "Call for more info," that scares me!

And thanks for the congrats!  I am enjoying a great glass of Appleton VX to celebrate!   :biggrin:

It means they want to see how much you are willing to pay for them before they name a price.

Thomas Mann

mhuss

Quoteljlemer - 5/13/2008  1:19 AM
It means they want to see how much you are willing to pay for them before they name a price.

Yeah I know, and that scares me too.   :-0

SenorPablo

Quoteljlemer - 5/13/2008  12:58 AM

Thanks,
-Paul

http://www.tinderboxvegas.com/index.fx?cart_id=3776181.29605&cid=&csm=

http://store.pipesandcigars.com/pinar.html

http://www.rockyscigars.com/catalog.asp?prodid=477756

http://www.cigars.net/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8

http://www.brucespipeshop.com/CigarPinar3000.htm

http://bnbcigars.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=345_458&zenid=dfc464c762edf7c0501d098921e7061f

This should get you started.

I contacted most, if not all, of these folks and they don't really have any in stock.  They just don't bother to update their web site.  They are hard to find anymore.

Bob Cordell

The pass is so far by me, I barely remember it at this point!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

And it's now finally on its way back home.  Emind, I'm sure you'll find a lot of great sticks in there when you open that box up.  Thanks for hosting the Pass!

ljlemer

Quotemhuss - 5/13/2008  11:49 PM

And it's now finally on its way back home.  Emind, I'm sure you'll find a lot of great sticks in there when you open that box up.  Thanks for hosting the Pass!

So when does the next one start?

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.