Rags to Riches

Started by emind56, 03/14/2008 10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

I sent it out this morning, before 10 AM. Confirmation number is recorded, pass transitioned. Check out my puts and takes.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Turboknat

Alright, its headed my way.  Sorry I have been silent, I have been doing a bunch of homework for school, and was tied up.  I was keeping tabs, just didn't have time to comment.  I am looking forward to it.  Larry, looks like some interesting puts.

kgoings

Turboknat

Ok, I received the pass today.  Getting ready to go through it now.  Lots of items to check out here.

Turboknat

Ok, guys, I did my takes and puts, and added one to the loto bag.  I plan on getting it out to you Bob tomorrow, Thursday at the latest.  The box is definately full, I'll tell you that.  Bob, there are some ISOM's in the box, I know you were excited to try one.

Bob Cordell

Yeah buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds good to me!

Woooooooooo-hooooooooooooooo!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

QuoteTurboknat - 4/6/2008  7:57 PM

Larry, looks like some interesting puts.

I thought the Oliva Series V Perfecto, which I bought for the pass, was one of the most beautiful perfectos I've ever laid eyes on. Having smoked other Vs,
I know the blend is very good.

Thomas Mann

emind56

Glad to see the box is humming along.  I included an extra tuperware box in case it was needed.

Bob Cordell

I feel like I'm waiting on the Holy Grail of cigars to arrive!

I will only take what I can put back the equal of. I dont have that many expensive smokes to put back in. I am however expecting four Montecrosto Media Noches to arrive about the same time. Is it proper to put back a cigar when theres already one in the box? I'm speaking of the El Ray del Mundo, I noticed there was a Larga (toro) size in there that hasn't been taken out yet. I have several Robusto sizes and would like to put one in for someone who hasnt tried them yet.

I am going to my local B & M before I resend though. I'll buy some of my favorite premiums to go in! Somebody will like the MC Media Noche, I'm sure!

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 4/8/2008  9:10 PM

I will only take what I can put back the equal of. I dont have that many expensive smokes to put back in. I am however expecting four Montecrosto Media Noches to arrive about the same time. Is it proper to put back a cigar when theres already one in the box? I'm speaking of the El Ray del Mundo, I noticed there was a Larga (toro) size in there that hasn't been taken out yet. I have several Robusto sizes and would like to put one in for someone who hasnt tried them yet.

I am going to my local B & M before I resend though. I'll buy some of my favorite premiums to go in! Somebody will like the MC Media Noche, I'm sure!

There are no hard and fast rules, just do what you think is fair. No one is making fancy calculations to police the fairness.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

Thanks Larry, I appreciate it but this is my first pass and I want to be straight up. I want to be invited to do this again!

I am going to snag my first ISOM cigar, overrated or not...just to brag to the pals!

Turboknat

QuoteBob Cordell - 4/8/2008  10:45 PM

Thanks Larry, I appreciate it but this is my first pass and I want to be straight up. I want to be invited to do this again!

I am going to snag my first ISOM cigar, overrated or not...just to brag to the pals!

This is one excited dude, can you tell?

emind56

QuoteBob Cordell - 4/8/2008  7:10 PM

Bob your thinking about this too much brother....just relax take some you want to try put back smokes you like, put the box in the mail and thats it....oh yeah have some fun with it

Bob Cordell

Yeah, ok...I can do that!

I'm good at relaxing, I need exercise I relax so much!

emind56

Is the box in the air?  where did it go :confused:

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 4/11/2008  5:04 PM

Is the box in the air?  where did it go :confused:

Remember there are storms, floods and tornadoes taking place now.

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

QuoteTurboknat - 4/9/2008  3:22 PM

This is one excited dude, can you tell?

Have you sent it out yet? The pass section shows you haven't. Don't forget the tracking number. Especially with the weather so bad. If you sent it, please indicate so. How's the weather?

Thomas Mann

Turboknat

Ok, guys, I'm back in action.  Bob, I appologize for getting this out so late.  I had it boxed, sealed and ready to go last Wednesday night.  Thursday morning, I woke up sick as a dog.  My wife is out of town this week, and I couldn't even get out of bed.  I missed work and such.  Anyway, I finally am felt good enough to leave this morning, and I have just come back from mailing off the package to you.  You should get it in 2-3 mailing days.  Like I said, sorry for the delay.  I checked the humi packett that was included last Wednesday night before I sealed everything, and it was moist, so I don't expect any humi problems.  Just the same, though, check it yourself, and see if it needs something added.  Mail and humidification always makes me nervous.  But, the containers are nice, though, so there should be a good seal in those too.  Have fun.

Bob Cordell

No problem, I've had Bola-Bola myself all week too. I've been on every medicine that the doctor could think of to put me on.

I can maybe enjoy and taste them now.

Turboknat

I hope so.  I felt ok today, and decided try a smoke, one of my favorites, tonight.  But my taste buds must still be screwed up from being sick.  It tasted horrible.  Had to put it out.  I'll probably wait a week or two before having one again.

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/14/2008  11:48 PM

This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Rags to Riches'.

Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.

The Rags to Riches Cigar Pass is now one month old. Is that a lot?

Nobody posted any messages 3/13/08 (EDT)! It was a Sunday the 13th, not a Friday the 13th! Geez.

Winter passes will move smoother if all participants get flu vaccines.

Thomas Mann

kgoings

Quoteljlemer - 4/13/2008 9:07 PM
Quoteemind56 - 3/14/2008 11:48 PM This is a thread generated automatically by the Cigar Pass system to discuss the Cigar Pass named 'Rags to Riches'. Use this link to return back to the Cigar Pass.
The Rags to Riches Cigar Pass is now one month old. Is that a lot? Nobody posted any messages 3/13/08 (EDT)! It was a Sunday the 13th, not a Friday the 13th! Geez. Winter passes will move smoother if all participants get flu vaccines.

Well it took 2 weeks to fill it and get it underway...the first movementĀ of the pass was on the 30th

burn1

I hope i am eligible for the next box pass looks like a great way to try some new smokes and give some to others to try

ljlemer

Quoteburn1 - 4/14/2008  11:54 AM

I hope i am eligible for the next box pass looks like a great way to try some new smokes and give some to others to try

I vouch for you. You are not very active on the message board, but you are an awesome database contributor.

Thomas Mann

burn1

Thanks I appreciate that

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.