Round Robin IV, Winter 2011

Started by DonM, 12/31/2010 04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

We have 12 so far which is great!  If anyone else is interested let me know before I close it down.  I would like to see everyone have a chance to get their package in order and have them out by the 15th? so everyone gets them at about the same time.  How does that sound?

"The Curmudgeon"

87North

Don,  If you still want to up the participant count and want me in , go ahead and add me.  I can't resist and I have terrible impulse control anyway...   :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

DonM

Quote87North - 1/5/2011  10:46 AM

Don,  If you still want to up the participant count and want me in , go ahead and add me.  I can't resist and I have terrible impulse control anyway...   :biggrin:

If you want in, great!  The last one we had 10 which went well and we have 12 now, the more the merrier

"The Curmudgeon"

gitfiddl

Shouldn't it be an even number of participants? :confused:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

gitfiddl

QuoteBob Cordell - 1/5/2011  1:14 PM

What am I supposed to do?

I think we're supposed to wait until Don tells us who to send our cigars to.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

lowpro75

Quotegitfiddl - 1/5/2011  1:13 PM

No, you just need more than 1.  Think about it with 3 people, Guy 1 sends to guy 2, guy 2 sends to guy 3 and guy 3 sends to guy 1.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

Quotelowpro75 - 1/5/2011  1:52 PM

No, you just need more than 1.  Think about it with 3 people, Guy 1 sends to guy 2, guy 2 sends to guy 3 and guy 3 sends to guy 1.

Odd number bad juju!

87North

Quotegitfiddl - 1/5/2011  1:10 PM

Odd number bad juju!

Unless you're greasing the crown of a rig.  So the Guy 1 to Guy 2 to Guy 3 thing...   Thats what makes the Robin Round.  Otherwise it would be a swap.  This ain't no Secret Santa.  C'mon guys. :confused:  :crazy:

Bob Cordell

:confused:

lowpro75

QuoteBob Cordell - 1/5/2011  4:03 PM

:confused:

Drink a Keystone and shutup! :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Beegerply

Don if it's not to late I'd like to join  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

gitfiddl

Quote87North - 1/5/2011  3:56 PM

Quotegitfiddl - 1/5/2011  1:10 PM

Odd number bad juju!

Unless you're greasing the crown of a rig.  So the Guy 1 to Guy 2 to Guy 3 thing...   Thats what makes the Robin Round.  Otherwise it would be a swap.  This ain't no Secret Santa.  C'mon guys. :confused:  :crazy:

Shhh.  We're trying to confuse Bob.

cmmayo

Gladly accepted your invitation!

Just 2 more spots available!   :dancing:
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

87North

Corey, I believe you may be the guy who can't turn down a pass invitation...  You're in a heck of a lot of them it seems.  Is it for the fame or the money that you do it.   :confused:  :lmao:

DonM

Sorry for the slow response, we hit 15!  I have been busy, we bought a boat this week.  I will do a drawing this weekend and post it so you know who to send the blind reviews to.  I would like to see everything in the mail by the 15th so everyone gets their cigars at about the same time, and hope that isnt a problem for anyone.  If it is let me know.  Looking forward to the reviews!

"The Curmudgeon"

Bob Cordell

So what am I supposed to do?

DonM

QuoteBob Cordell - 1/7/2011  12:37 AM

Jeesh Bob, you got CRS?  Once we draw names you send your guy 20 cigars for a blind review ( some one is getting hooked up )  If you win you get a 5er of dog rockets :biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

QuoteDonM - 1/7/2011  7:22 AM

QuoteBob Cordell - 1/7/2011  12:37 AM

Jeesh Bob, you got CRS?  Once we draw names you send your guy 20 cigars for a blind review ( some one is getting hooked up )  If you win you get a 5er of dog rockets :biggrin:

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

Bob Cordell

Sounds like Bob gets screwed with no kiss...

:mad:

NES Tek

Thanks for the invite Don, but I just don't have the stock. Enjoy though!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

cmmayo

Quote87North - 1/6/2011  8:23 AM

Corey, I believe you may be the guy who can't turn down a pass invitation...  You're in a heck of a lot of them it seems.  Is it for the fame or the money that you do it.   :confused:  :lmao:

It's certainly NOT because I think I'm good at guessing what an unmarked cigar is. Last Round Robin, Bob sent me a one dollar cigar that I thought was the expensive one. Funny how when you don't know what you're smoking, the flavor mysteriously changes!  :-(
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

87North

Quotecmmayo - 1/7/2011  10:50 AM

Quote87North - 1/6/2011  8:23 AM

It's certainly NOT because I think I'm good at guessing what an unmarked cigar is. Last Round Robin, Bob sent me a one dollar cigar that I thought was the expensive one. Funny how when you don't know what you're smoking, the flavor mysteriously changes!  :-(

Proof positive of 2 things:

1. Branding and marketing works.
2. The price tag isn't everything when it comes to cigars, despite what the cigar snobs say...

DonM

QuoteBeegerply - 1/5/2011  5:18 PM

Don if it's not to late I'd like to join  :biggrin:

You are in!

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

QuoteNES Tek - 1/7/2011  9:49 AM

Thanks for the invite Don, but I just don't have the stock. Enjoy though!

Maybe catch the next one then, thanks for letting me know!

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.