Unhappy experience with Nice Ash Cigars

Started by BlackIrish, 01/01/2011 06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowpro75

This doesn't surprise me as I recall they reneged on a price for some Padrons on "cigarsatyourprice".  I can't remember who the member was but it did rub me the wrong way.  Thanks for the heads up Eddie.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 1/2/2011  12:15 PM

This doesn't surprise me as I recall they reneged on a price for some Padrons on "cigarsatyourprice".  I can't remember who the member was but it did rub me the wrong way.  Thanks for the heads up Eddie.

That was Mike (akira).  From what I remember, they didn't honor the first price but did give him a deal.
Chief of Shaft

Dave S.

Quotelowpro75 - 1/2/2011  9:12 AM

That person was from hotash cigars.  Nice Ash Cigars is a regular cigar retailer that, while they may sell house brands (I'm not sure), but has never pushed them on this forum.

Thanks for the correction.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Cigary

My Spidey Sense started tingling from the first day about this outfit but never got involved in hoopla...they went to nearly every board around and started advertising their site and while I thought things "looked" pretty good I kept watching and reading.  Their actions do not surprise me...they take no responsibility for their own actions of not keeping their site up to date and not honoring their pricing.  When you advertise something and then want to say later...Whoopsie...sorry that cigar/price is no longer available or it was quoted at the wrong price....c'mon man!  When a consumer orders what was on the site and gets invoiced about it guess what...as a company you own it and need to ensure whoever bought it gets what they ordered at the price they paid.

I grow tired of businesses who ensure that they are on every board to tout 'pricing' and then don't deliver because of a glitch...on their part.  I won't ever...ever...do business with any place that pulls this kind of stunt and every person I come in contact with will know how they do business.  Unless they correct this and honor the pricing on the order they are persona non grata...there are far too many reputable companies who deserve our business rather than one who hides  behind this kind of excuse.  Buyer Beware....

wescat

Update: I sent emails to both niceashcigars and cigarsatyourprice back on 1/1/11 regarding this issue, asking that they resolve it. Never got a reply from either one. Feature that...
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

NES Tek

Quotenwb - 1/2/2011  9:17 AM

Quotelowpro75 - 1/2/2011  12:15 PM

That was Mike (akira).  From what I remember, they didn't honor the first price but did give him a deal.

Yeah. He did get a good deal still, but way more than the original posted price.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

junglepete

Quotewescat - 1/8/2011  10:38 AM

Update: I sent emails to both niceashcigars and cigarsatyourprice back on 1/1/11 regarding this issue, asking that they resolve it. Never got a reply from either one. Feature that...

My Update: No response whatsoever from my letter either.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

New Update:

Nice Ash has contacted me in response to my letter. They are currently making an effort to resolve this matter with Eddie. I will post their response here once things have been resolved.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

Quotejunglepete - 1/13/2011  10:04 AM

New Update:

Nice Ash has contacted me in response to my letter. They are currently making an effort to resolve this matter with Eddie. I will post their response here onne things have been resolved.

I got the following response to my email this morning:

"Thank you for letting me know about the issue. I was not aware at the time that there was an issue. I have spoken with one of my employees about how this situation was handled in the first place and am currently having my IT personnel working on the issue on our site. I did not respond sooner to your email because I was hoping to speak with Edward first. I did leave him a voice mail over a week a go and have not heard back from him.

Best Regards,

David Kleehamer

Certified Retail Tobacconist

General Ash/ Accountant

www.NiceAshCigars.com

www.NiceAshNews.com

1-877-642-3274"

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Keep us posted.  I hope Eddie is ok - even if he is traveling, one would think he would be checking voicemails. :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Herfin' Chef

Nothing from niceashcigars.com for me.  Not until this blows over.  Embargo anyone?

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

BlackIrish

I didn't have reliable phone service in Mexico and didn't want to pay ridiculous roaming fees so I kept my phone off much of the time.  I did receive a vmail from Nice Ash which I'll return and I'll report back.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

lowpro75

Remember they run cigarsatyourprice.com as well.  I've been tempted to order from them a few times and put in a few bids that were rejected.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

87North

Quotelowpro75 - 1/13/2011  10:16 AM

Remember they run cigarsatyourprice.com as well.  I've been tempted to order from them a few times and put in a few bids that were rejected.

I would think you would be used to rejection... :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

lowpro75

Quote87North - 1/13/2011  11:37 AM

:lmao: I'm the Rodney Dangerfield of the cigar world.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

87North

Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

nwb

Quote87North - 1/13/2011  11:37 AM

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotegitfiddl - 1/13/2011  9:19 AM

Quotejunglepete - 1/13/2011  10:04 AM

New Update:

Nice Ash has contacted me in response to my letter. They are currently making an effort to resolve this matter with Eddie. I will post their response here onne things have been resolved.

I got the following response to my email this morning:

"Thank you for letting me know about the issue. I was not aware at the time that there was an issue. I have spoken with one of my employees about how this situation was handled in the first place and am currently having my IT personnel working on the issue on our site. I did not respond sooner to your email because I was hoping to speak with Edward first. I did leave him a voice mail over a week a go and have not heard back from him.

Best Regards,

David Kleehamer

General Ash/ Accountant

www.NiceAshCigars.com

www.NiceAshNews.com

1-877-642-3274"

I got the exact same email yesterday as well. So I wrote him back, asking if the issue has beed resolved to Eddie's satisfaction. I'll post any reply I get.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

wescat

I got a very fast reply:

"Kevin,

I left Edward a voice mail over a week ago and he has not called me back.

Best Regards,

David Kleehamer

General Ash/ Accountant"
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

simcha

One of the issues I admire with you the USA people is your customer attitude.

Here in the middle east (yes it is) we are acustomed that salerepresentative s**t on our heads & we comfort our self that will do it to some one else. The legend was that in the USA no one tries to cheat on you while selling & the cutomer is the king.

Sorry to find that we become nearer in ways that I would prefer to be as diiferent as ever.

Simcha

If you want shoot - shoot don't talk ; Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

Hot Stuff x

Quotesimcha - 1/15/2011  3:14 AM

One of the issues I admire with you the USA people is your customer attitude.

Here in the middle east (yes it is) we are acustomed that salerepresentative s**t on our heads & we comfort our self that will do it to some one else. The legend was that in the USA no one tries to cheat on you while selling & the cutomer is the king.

Sorry to find that we become nearer in ways that I would prefer to be as diiferent as ever.

Simcha

Competition in the marketplace is a wonderful thing.   As vendors compete for our $$$, if armed with knowledge we can avoid those vendors that are unsavory.  

The internet has done a lot to empower consumers.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.