Slow day today.....

Started by emind56, 03/18/2008 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emind56

Slow day today on CG, hope everyone had a good day......Anyway just puffing my nightcap smoke for today (RP Sumatra Beli) about to watch some movie with the little woman.  What are all you fellas smokin today?

Duker511

Monte. Media Noche churchill. Ive been out in the rain and mud today so Im frozen to the core and wanted a smoke that would warm me up from the inside. :smoker: , and its working! :thumbsup:
Tim

NewGuy

May be a rain out today. I'm trying to turn green (there's a softball for ya Larry) so maybe I can arrange a car(smoke)pool tonight for a mobile herf  :victory:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

mhuss

QuoteDuker511 - 3/19/2008  7:18 PM

Monte. Media Noche churchill. Ive been out in the rain and mud today so Im frozen to the core and wanted a smoke that would warm me up from the inside. :smoker: , and its working! :thumbsup:

I think the Media Noche is one outstanding smoke.  What did you think of it?  Did you post a review yet?  Once you do, I'm definitely gonna have to read that one.  It's one of my favorite cigars of all-time.  I'm sure it warmed you up real good!

glfgd82

I have the emundo's in my humi right now, I'm just starting to get into this whole bizz and got a 5 pack of them and a 5 pack of the monte white toro's waiting for me right now, hopefully the noche lives up to the expectations I am having for it after all the good reviews.

Just got my RP fumas in today from Cbid...cant wait to dig into them tomorrow! I only get 2 days to smoke so they better hit the spot

Duker511

Quotemhuss - 3/19/2008  8:00 PM

I think the Media Noche is one outstanding smoke.  What did you think of it?  Did you post a review yet?  Once you do, I'm definitely gonna have to read that one.  It's one of my favorite cigars of all-time.  I'm sure it warmed you up real good!

Im about  45 minutes in to it now, and no end in sight. I have to get up at 5:30am, but Im not going to bed anytime soon. This thing has an awsome feel to it, I cant put it down, and as for the flavor, well Ill review tommorrow :smoker2:
Tim

mhuss

QuoteDuker511 - 3/19/2008  10:16 PM
Im about  45 minutes in to it now, and no end in sight. I have to get up at 5:30am, but Im not going to bed anytime soon. This thing has an awsome feel to it, I cant put it down, and as for the flavor, well Ill review tommorrow :smoker2:

I know what you mean.  When I smoked my first one, it lasted for a good two hours.  Also just like your experience, the cigar felt great in my hand and I just couldn't put it down either.  The entire flavor profile was something that I hadn't ever tasted before.  The whole thing just blew me away.  It sounds like it's doing the same for you.

Sticks

I'm taking a few days off from huffing and puffing so that I really appreciate a good cigar on Saturday. Might have to run to Wisconsin with the wife on Saturday have a few drinks and a RP 1992. Spring is finally coming here and it's about 40 out today. I look forward to smoking cigars out on the deck next month while enjoying something liquid with it. :dancing:

Duker511

QuoteDuker511 - 3/19/2008  10:16 PM

I know what you mean.  When I smoked my first one, it lasted for a good two hours.  Also just like your experience, the cigar felt great in my hand and I just couldn't put it down either.  The entire flavor profile was something that I hadn't ever tasted before.  The whole thing just blew me away.  It sounds like it's doing the same for you.[/QUOTE]

These are super good smokes. After about an hour and a half I put it down and called it a night. You could still smell it in the air this morning I think. I chewed on the nub all the way to work this morning.  :smoker:  Ive got eleven left :biggrin:
Tim

mhuss

QuoteDuker511 - 3/20/2008  3:49 PM
These are super good smokes. After about an hour and a half I put it down and called it a night. You could still smell it in the air this morning I think. I chewed on the nub all the way to work this morning.  :smoker:  Ive got eleven left :biggrin:

They definitely leave a huge lasting impression.  That's awesome you have so many hanging out.  I have two myself.  I'm trying to let them rest a little, as well as saving them for a time when I actually have enough time to completely enjoy them.

Bob Cordell

Those Monte Cristo Media Noches' are expensive, are they worth it?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/21/2008  12:35 AM
Those Monte Cristo Media Noches' are expensive, are they worth it?

In one word......hell yes!!  One stick will last you about two hours, and the flavors are unbelieveable.  They look great with an attractive dark wrapper and feel good in your hand.  Between all those attributes, you're never going to want to put the thing down.  And then you're going to want to get more of them.  Try a single at retail price, if you can, depending on your local shop(s).  Then when you like them, head over to CBid and pick up a 5-pack for much cheaper.  It's definitely worth it!

Bob Cordell

What size are you guys getting 2 hours out of? It would have to be the Churchill wouldn't it?

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/21/2008  1:25 PM
What size are you guys getting 2 hours out of? It would have to be the Churchill wouldn't it?

Yes.  Have you had one of the other sizes?

Bob Cordell

No, I havent had one of any size. I guess I've been screwing around on C-Bid trying to find bargains or as my uncle would say "a diamond in a goat's ass"

I think I've experimented enough with the cheapies, only the good ones from now on. I did win a single MC Media Noche today though. I figured what the hell, it will come with some others I have won.

mhuss

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/22/2008  1:28 AM
I did win a single MC Media Noche today though.

There ya go!  You're on your way in finding out exactly what we're talking about here with these Media Noche's!  You'll have to let us know when you enjoy that puppy and when you post a review.  I'm really looking forward to hearing what you think about it.

Duker511

I split a box of Monte. MN churchills with a friend, and they are expensive. I paid $130, my buddy put in $100, so I got 12 of the 20. We heard they were really good so we bought them thinking we would only smoke them on special occations,HA, we both already smoked 2 and weve only had them a week :biggrin: They are super good in my opinion and Im going to savor them :smoker:
Tim

emind56

You guys have finaly gotten the better of me....Gonna have to pick up a couple of these this weekend to try out.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.