TTT Cigar #1

Started by emind56, 03/21/2008 06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgoings

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/25/2008 8:16 PM I take it emind has a surprise in store for us here?

Yea he has been uncharacteristically absent as of late.

emind56

Yeah sorry to leave you hanging...been very busy.   When I sent this cigar out to you guys, I was under the impresion that it was only available localy as that was what I was told by the owner of a B&M here in Tucson.  Since then, I have learned that this smoke may infact be available to everyone for about half of what we are paying in tucson.  I have ordered some offline to do a side by side comparison and will let you fellas know what I find out.  Anyway when I sent it I thought that this smoke was called a Cubano Classico, and was a custom blended house brand.  Now I'm thinking that this smoke is called a Just For Retailers (JFR)  or a Just For Cataloges (JFC).  If this is in fact the same smoke they can be had off of CI for around 3.5 apiece.  

Whether it is or is not the same I still think it is a phenomenal smoke, And was glad for the opportunity to share it with my BOTL
Ill let you all know what my side by side shows.

kgoings

That cigar was great! Let us know if you find them on CI I want to buy some!

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/25/2008  11:43 PM

Yeah sorry to leave you hanging...been very busy.   When I sent this cigar out to you guys, I was under the impresion that it was only available localy as that was what I was told by the owner of a B&M here in Tucson.  Since then, I have learned that this smoke may infact be available to everyone for about half of what we are paying in tucson.  I have ordered some offline to do a side by side comparison and will let you fellas know what I find out.  Anyway when I sent it I thought that this smoke was called a Cubano Classico, and was a custom blended house brand.  Now I'm thinking that this smoke is called a Just For Retailers (JFR)  or a Just For Cataloges (JFC).  If this is in fact the same smoke they can be had off of CI for around 3.5 apiece.  

Whether it is or is not the same I still think it is a phenomenal smoke, And was glad for the opportunity to share it with my BOTL

Just For Retailers: Made in Nicaragua. Filler: Nic. Binder: Nic. Wrapper: Nic. Pig-tail head. Looks like it!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

Quoteljlemer - 3/25/2008  10:52 PM

Just For Retailers: Made in Nicaragua. Filler: Nic. Binder: Nic. Wrapper: Nic. Pig-tail head. Looks like it!

I think its the same, but before I call him (guy at my B&M) out as a liar I want to be sure...what really burns me is that he'll tell anyone who'll listen how he blended the cigar, and how its rolled in Honduras and he flys down there etc....It just seems weird to me that he'd have a cigar in the same exact presentation as the one that is available just for retailers.  How many cigars have you ever seen with a pigtail and a rough foot?  I suppose it could be a coincidence, what do you guys think? :rolleyes:  .....my fiver from CI is arriving tommorow, so by thursday at the latest we will get to the bottom of this mystery.

I hope that its the same cigar becuase its really a great smoke, very complex, and seems like it has some good aging potential.  At the B&M these are going for between $6.50-12.50, and on CI they can be had for around 3-4 a stick.  That is of course assuming they're the same.

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/26/2008  1:32 AM

Quoteljlemer - 3/25/2008  10:52 PM

I think its the same, but before I call him out as a liar I want to be sure...what really burns me is that he'll tell anyone who listened how he blended the cigar, and how its wrolled in Honduras and he flys down there etc....It just seems weird to me that hed have a cigar in the same exact presentation as the one that is available just for retailers......my fiver from CI is arriving tommorow, so by thursday at the latest we will get to the bottom of this mystery.

CI says it's made in Honduras. There are some discrepancies.

Thomas Mann

Bob Cordell

It was a good smoke, I dont care if it came from Pango-Pango!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ljlemer

QuoteBob Cordell - 3/26/2008  3:44 PM

It was a good smoke, I dont care if it came from Pango-Pango!

What we care about is how to get more of them affordably. That requires identifying them. Tarring and feathering his retailer for lying is a personal vendetta of emind. Pango-Pango? So nice they named it twice?

Thomas Mann

kgoings

I jusrt want to order some!

NewGuy

Already some added interest to the TTT game, pretty nice! :thumbsup:

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

emind56

Ok I got in the fiver from CI today, as far as CI is concerned it is called JFC.  and is available on their site.  I smoked one tonight and while I'm not ready to say its the same stick it is damn close.  Considering I just got them in today and they had no time to settle in the humi it may in fact be the same.  It was close enough for me that I will be ordering a box from CI ASAP.

NewGuy

For the reveal I suggest the info provided by your retailer be used.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/27/2008  8:54 PM

For the reveal I suggest the info provided by your retailer be used.

Rack

It sounds likely to be the Just For Retailers. The data is posted in a previous post of mine. We just need a bit more verification, like emind extracting the truth from his retailer by using all-American, legal tactics like water-boarding.

Thomas Mann

NewGuy

I discussed this with emind via PM and noted that the Tobacalara Tropical company offers private labeling for retailers. This may be the same smoke under a dif name. Kind of like the Java, by RP and Drew Estates. If so, I think we need to have the label name as purchased by emind.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteNewGuy - 3/27/2008  11:29 PM

I discussed this with emind via PM and noted that the Tobacalara Tropical company offers private labeling for retailers. This may be the same smoke under a dif name. Kind of like the Java, by RP and Drew Estates. If so, I think we need to have the label name as purchased by emind.

Rack

What was the label name?

Thomas Mann

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.