What Cigar Celebrity would you want to meet?

Started by cmmayo, 02/06/2011 01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

87North

QuoteBrlesq - 2/6/2011  9:39 AM

Don Rolando Reyes, Sr.  I think he's seen it all.  But I'm never 'star-struck' and wouldn't just want to meet him at some in-store appearance or smoke event.  Rather, I would want to sit down with him one-on-one for a real conversation while enjoying a long cigar.

I can assure you that if you wanted a long cigar, he's the guy to roll it... :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

BlackIrish

Quoteratboy - 2/6/2011  11:21 AM

I'd like to meet Kaizad Hansotia simply so I could punch him in the nuts.

:lmao:  :lmao:

E.P. Carrillo.  Pete Johnson, I think.  And maybe Dion Giolito, though he's probably a bit too much of a trip.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Jackal

I think that either Johnathan Drew or nick Perdomo would be interesting guys to have a beer with.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

metalhead y cigarguy

Quoteratboy - 2/6/2011  8:21 AM

I'd like to meet Kaizad Hansotia simply so I could punch him in the nuts.

After reading that I want to change my vote. I vote for the "Smoking Hot Cigar Chick" because I want to punch her in the face!  :puncher:  One of the most irritating people I've ever seen.  :hityou:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ROTHNH

Quoteljlemer - 2/6/2011  3:11 AM

Whose humidor would you like to rummage through?

Fidel Castro's.  I know he quit smoking, but word is he still has his collection and is even still adding to it.

NES Tek

Johnathan Drew would be cool. (Based on who I've met already)
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

QuoteROTHNH - 2/7/2011  1:31 PM

Fidel Castro's.  I know he quit smoking, but word is he still has his collection and is even still adding to it.

That would be nice...
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

Quotenwb - 2/7/2011  10:43 AM

That would be nice...

:word:
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Brlesq

QuoteNES Tek - 2/7/2011  1:59 PM

Quotenwb - 2/7/2011  10:43 AM

That would be nice...

x4
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

whodeeni

Fidel Sounds Nice, like Nate i've met Eddie Ortega (Very Nice Guy), Pete Johnson (Cool as Hell!),
and i saw/stood near "Rocky Patel". (I really didn't have much to say to him...) He walks around
with this air of superiority that i personally don't care for.

I'd like to meet Dion Giolito (his knowledge of the manufacturing/blending of cigars is amazing)
                      Janny Garcia (Who Doesn't)
                      Arielle Ditkowitch (Brand manager for Miami Cigars)
and:               Kassandra Padron (the finest female Padron as far as i'm concerned!)
                     Jaime Garcia... (next cigar Czar!)
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

DonM

I met Pepin

Same with Rocky

Probably would like to meet Drew, I have been sampling some of their stuff and like it!

"The Curmudgeon"

Herfin' Chef

Winston Churchill's

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns
-w-  
(unofficial Man of War)

Stimulating the American economy...One cigar at a time

Shukpaw

Quoteljlemer - 2/6/2011  12:11 AM

Kyle's (wlfwalleye)
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Robert LG

QuoteShukpaw - 2/8/2011  12:22 AM

Kyle's (wlfwalleye)

Nathan's (nwb) wouldn't be bad either.
Rob

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteShukpaw - 2/7/2011  10:22 PM

Kyle's (wlfwalleye)

x2  :shades:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

87North

Quoteljlemer - 2/6/2011  2:11 AM

Um...maybe Kristen Bell's?
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

c9belayer

Okay, since this thread got zombie up to current day because of some spam removal, I thought I'd add my 2 cents: I'd like to smoke one with Kyle Hoover and Chris Kelly over at Ezra Zion cigars. Their cigars are tops and they themselves seem to be fine upstanding citizen cut-ups.
-- c9belayer

Brlesq

Wow, its been 7 years since this thread was started, and since then I've met dozens of these "celebrities", from in-store appearances to much more personal dinners or sharing cigars, cocktails and stories.  These guys (and gals) are much more accessible nowadays, and most of them are down-to-earth, hard working folks. There are 3 that I would like the opportunity to sit down with one-on-one to break bread and share a cigar and some stories (not just a meet and greet):   Henke Kelner, Carlito Fuente, and Don José "Pepin" Garcia.

The one that I am remiss that I never met is José Padrón. RIP
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 3/30/2018  7:37 PM

Wow, its been 7 years since this thread was started, and since then I've met dozens of these "celebrities", from in-store appearances to much more personal dinners or sharing cigars, cocktails and stories.  These guys (and gals) are much more accessible nowadays, and most of them are down-to-earth, hard working folks. There are 3 that I would like the opportunity to sit down with one-on-one to break bread and share a cigar and some stories (not just a meet and greet):   Henke Kelner, Carlito Fuente, and Don José "Pepin" Garcia.

The one that I am remiss that I never met is José Padrón. RIP

Ditto!!

DPG is top, middle and bottom of my list... :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

toby2

i agree that i wouldn't know what to say to most of these folks but Saka and Pete Johnson seem like regular enough guys and i bet sitting next to one of them in a lounge would be like hanging with a regular dude.

shakinghorizons

Henke and Klaas are both exceptional people in the industry. They were the most knowledgeable people I've ever met in the cigar industry. First time I've been "star struck" and didn't know what to say - but they carried such a professional presence that it actually made it easy to talk with them.

Pete Johnson is a great, funny dude. I'd compare meeting Pete like meeting someone on this forum that you respect. No lag in conversation and just fun to be around.

ntanner

Maybe that guy from Xyphos. Seems like a OK fellow.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.