TTT Cigar #3

Started by ljlemer, 03/25/2008 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljlemer

Quoteemind56 - 3/30/2008  12:10 AM

yup...a box pressed torp

Got called away? You were in the middle of the review. Six hours has passed since you said you'd be right back with the rest.

How can I rest without the rest? You've left me restless. I can't even smoke while waiting. I'm smokeless, despite having a big bag of new cigars at my side calling out my name. I don't smoke again for 46 hours. Do you hear them? "Smoke us!"
"Smoke us!". The spirit of unsmoked cigars is haunting me. "Oooohh........" Gotta go call Ghost Busters!
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

emind56

Larry, calm down and back away from the keyboard.  It will all pass, just breath, and wrap a cold compress around your head.........

There now doesn't that feel better?   There is no need to panic, just box up your cigars and descretly ship them out to Tucson for proper disposal.......you can trust me I'm a doctor..... :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

kgoings

Bob has not reviewed it yet I dont think...then I will reveal

Bob Cordell

I'v been busy with the girlfriend all weekend. We had dinner last night with my mom and had to have our usual fight or two, followed by the usual make up sex...I'll try to get on it tonight!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Bob Cordell

I liked the way this cigar felt in my hand, a box pressed torpedo is one of my favorites. The wrapper was very soft and smooth, almost like it was waxy. The prelight draw was very open and I knew it would produce lots of smoke. 9/10

The light was almost effortless and it did in fact produce a nice amount of smoke. My first impression was a very nutty taste. It seems like a fairly mild to medium strength cigar, it still felt good in my hand. I like the flavor. 7/10

The middle part kind of picked up a bitter but creamy flavor and the strength kicked up a notch as well. The burn was perfect and the draw was still wide open. I almost got it too hot a time or two. Theres almost a amaretto flavor that I'm picking up here. 7/10

I might have smoked it a bit too fast towards the end but it got hot and bitter on me a time or two and picked up strength. I think that was because of the wide open draw. The nutty flavor is still there but also a strong woody flavor that I'm picking up. 6/10

Overall I thought it was a pretty decent cigar. I really liked the feel of the wrapper, nice and smooth. The flavor didnt change a great deal but did pick up strength. Overall Score: 7/10  

kgoings

Well since at the point this started I hd only smoked a couple I chose one that I liked.It was a rocky patel vintage 92 toro. Hoped you liked it

Bob Cordell

A Rocky Patel Vintage 92....that was the first one of those I have ever had. Thanks for the new feather in my hat.

The wrapper was very unique, I liked the feel!

kgoings

No problem! Me likey!

emind56

not to toot my own horn, but I guessed that I believe  :confused:

Bob Cordell

If I could toot my own horn I wouldn't need a girlfriend...

Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

burn1

These TTT's look like fun you get to try some cigars without the hype of knowing what they are. Seems like a good way to see what other members are smoking to

kgoings

Quoteburn1 - 3/30/2008 8:24 PM These TTT's look like fun you get to try some cigars without the hype of knowing what they are. Seems like a good way to see what other members are smoking to

Yea this the first Taste Test Trade that we have done, didnt know how it would catch on, it is really fun! I have tried some cigars I would have probably never tried...and I like them.

kgoings

Quoteemind56 - 3/30/2008 7:47 PM not to toot my own horn, but I guessed that I believe :confused:

You guess it was a RP Vintage? I was afraid of that, there were not too many that I have tried and I also had a thread about them...I noticed after I sent them that you and New Guy had been smoking them lately so I figured I would be found out.

emind56

Quotekgoings - 3/30/2008  10:12 PM

Quoteemind56 - 3/30/2008 7:47 PM not to toot my own horn, but I guessed that I believe :confused:

You guess it was a RP Vintage? I was afraid of that, there were not too many that I have tried and I also had a thread about them...I noticed after I sent them that you and New Guy had been smoking them lately so I figured I would be found out.

still a damn good cigar my friend....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.