This Pass is the Bomb, 4th of July Edition

Started by Shukpaw, 02/11/2011 03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shukpaw

Quotelowpro75 - 3/5/2011  9:11 AM

Based on geography, maybe the pass order should change.  This pass goes to Boston, then Florida, then back up to the mid atlantic states.  I don't know if there is a reasoning behind the pass order, but sometimes things go quicker if you group it together by geography.  If there is a reasoning behind it, carry on as normal.

I have noticed that in many of the passes the order is close to the same and that the same people keep passing to the same people.  Ratboy and I are starting memorize each other's addresses.  Except for putting Les first, because I started a little earlier when he join, and Armin last because he asked, I left the order pretty much in the order people joined.  If anyone has any scheduling issues with the pass order I am happy to accommodate that.  In short, Rich, there's no real reason to the order.  I'm surprised they even allow me to be on the internet.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Shukpaw

QuoteBrlesq - 3/5/2011  3:13 PM

QuoteJackal - 3/5/2011  6:10 PM

Box came in yesterday.  I will get it out ASAP.

Thats good news.  With your recent postal issue, it was a concern.  

Take your time and send it to me whenever you are ready.  No rush.

I was a little concerned too.  Glad you have it.

nwb

QuoteShukpaw - 3/6/2011  3:45 AM
I'm surprised they even allow me to be on the internet.

:lmao:
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

There are some really tough choices.  Everything looks great in there.  I am racking my brain on the bets P/T choices.

I aim to get this back in the mail on Wednesday.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Jackal

Puts and takes are done.  I will drop it in Wednesday's mail

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Jackal

On its way.  Thanks again for having me in this one.

Brlesq

This came in today, but the box was crushed pretty badly, and a humi-pillow had exploded inside the Tupidor causing a pretty slippery mess (what the hell are these things made of?!?)  The good news is that the cigars are all in tact and don't appear to be damaged because they were in partitioned by the ziplocks inside.  

I've cleaned up the Tupidor, thrown in a new pillow, and will get a new box and bubble wrap this week to repack it in before I send it off.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Jackal

WTF, I cushioned that thing with air pillows.  What is the PO doing that could have crushed it?

Glad to hear that the cigar are intact.

nwb

QuoteJackal - 3/13/2011  4:28 PM

WTF, I cushioned that thing with air pillows.  What is the PO doing that could have crushed it?

They saw your rant and exacted their revenge... :confused:
Chief of Shaft

Brlesq

Quotenwb - 3/13/2011  6:23 PM

That must be it.  :-0  Looked like it was whacked with a baseball bat.  The address label was flapping around and hanging on with only about 20% of the adhesive.  No idea what happened to the humi-pillow because that was protected inside the Tupidor, but that left a slippery mess.  Cigars were in bags so they were saved.

Probably a good lesson for all of us to make sure to keep the humi-pillow in the tupidor but NOT in a bag with the cigars.  

I'm looking over my puts and takes now, and need to get a new box and fresh bubble wrap.  Hope to have this out mid-week if that's OK.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Puts and Takes are done.  Will try to get this out tomorrow.

Don - Are you ready?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Shukpaw

Thanks for keeping this one moving guys.  Sorry I haven't posted for the past few days.  I've been distracted with my son's birthday and a round of cold/flu running through the family.  There should be a law that both parents can't get sick at the same time the kids are sick.  I digress.

Jason and Bruce, nice puts.

Bruce, thanks for cleaning the pass up, and thanks for putting in another humi pouch.  I appreciate you taking good care of the pass.

DonM

The pass came in yesterday and all is well.  Quite a collection of great cigars I must say.  I will try to get it out in the morning.  Are you ready for it Eddie?

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

On its way to Eddie yesterday!  Thanks for letting me play

"The Curmudgeon"

Shukpaw

Nice puts.  Thanks for the fast turn around.

Jackal

BlackIrish

It landed here today.  I got home too late to go through it but the outer box is in fine shape.  Tomorrow is a long day but I hope to have it back in the mail on Friday, possibly Saturday morning.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

BlackIrish

Takes and puts done.  I'll post DC# and transition shortly.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

BlackIrish

Hey, Pablo -- should be there for you to pick up today.

Have fun!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

SenorPablo

Thanks Eddie.  I got 'em tonight.  I'll try to go through them tomorrow and get it back out.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

cmmayo

QuoteBrlesq - 3/13/2011  5:48 PM

Quotenwb - 3/13/2011  6:23 PM

That must be it.  :-0  Looked like it was whacked with a baseball bat.  The address label was flapping around and hanging on with only about 20% of the adhesive.  No idea what happened to the humi-pillow because that was protected inside the Tupidor, but that left a slippery mess.  Cigars were in bags so they were saved.

Probably a good lesson for all of us to make sure to keep the humi-pillow in the tupidor but NOT in a bag with the cigars.  

That IS a good idea. That happens occasionally--especially with those dry-mist tubes.
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

SenorPablo

Ok.  Puts and Takes are in.  The Pass is wrapped up and ready to get dropped off at the PO tomorrow AM.  Thanks for the invite!  There's a lot of very nice sticks in there.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Shukpaw

Hot Stuff x

I just wanted to say that I'm very impressed and proud of all of the participants in this pass.   You have held the bar high with your takes and puts, and kept the cigars in the pass at a premium level.    Well done, Geeks!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.