Why cubans are really illegal. What?

Started by Duker511, 03/23/2008 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duker511

A friend and I went to our local cigar shop yesterday to get him a smoke for today. While we were there a guy came in and started to browse. He asked Ed(shop owner) if he had any cubans for sale, Ed told him, no,cubans are illegal. Then the guy began to school us in cuban cigar history, saying that the only reason they were illegal is that they all contain marijuana and we could buy them if there was no pot in them. We all looked at each other and just nodded in agreeance. I asked if he'd heard of the trade embargo and he explained how that was a deal between Castro and JFK to keep all Cuban weed in Cuba. :crazy:  We told him that we had never heard that before and made our exit.
Tim

Turboknat

Now, I honestly have never tried marajuana.  But, I have tried cuban cigars before.  And if that is the high I have always heard about, I think there is alot of fuss about nothing.  Didn't Shakespear write a play with a title similar to that?

Thats not to say that cuban are bad.  It was great!  

Ohh, hypothetically speaking.   :angel:

Astronaut318i

Wow, um...I dont really know waht to say to that.

Except that maybe he'd like a nice Swisher for flipping into a joint.

Wow...

ljlemer

A better question is why Cuban cigars are STILL illegal with the Cold War over. The USSR was placing H-bombs on Cuban soil to reach the US faster. Cuba was a real threat. Now it's just stubbornness, ego and pandering to Cuban exiles.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

tnt956

And I'm sure he was abducted by aliens the moment he left the shop.  :crazy:

SenorPablo

QuoteDuker511 - 3/23/2008  4:56 PM

A friend and I went to our local cigar shop yesterday to get him a smoke for today. While we were there a guy came in and started to browse. He asked Ed(shop owner) if he had any cubans for sale, Ed told him, no,cubans are illegal. Then the guy began to school us in cuban cigar history, saying that the only reason they were illegal is that they all contain marijuana and we could buy them if there was no pot in them. We all looked at each other and just nodded in agreeance. I asked if he'd heard of the trade embargo and he explained how that was a deal between Castro and JFK to keep all Cuban weed in Cuba. :crazy:  We told him that we had never heard that before and made our exit.

Now that is about the funniest thing i've heard in a long time.  Quite a conspiracy theory.  That guy must have had a little too much weed in his time (not Cuban though.)  :lmao:
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

kgoings

I would have asked him if he had just smoked one of those "special" cubans

mhuss

That explanation is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.  How could he have said that in any kind of seriousness?  Yeah, it's all about the weed.   :crazy:

Bob Cordell

I agree...I dont think that guy is wrapped too tight!

Thats goofy!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

jomama20

that dude is a few sandwiches short of a picnic. that was your free comedy for the day! lol

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.