A big HELLO to y'all !

Started by Tony D Atlanta, 02/22/2011 07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony D Atlanta

Hey friends, Only one day after divine intervention led me to this site of fellow fanatics and I feel like I belong !  Of course, seeing some of the collections, trades, etc is very humbling to me.  I have only been smoking for less than a year, after a long night of debauchery in Ybor City section of Tampa after a trade show last Spring.  Think "Hangover"  - slightly toned down of course, after all, I turned 50 this year.

I am still very much a newbie, feverishly trying to test every single cigar in the world so I can find the perfect compliment to any mood, drink, food, or surroundings.  Alas, I think that is futile...but it's the journey not the destination, right ?

My taste is very much evolving, but being a lightweight, I have ventured primarily into mild - med territory.  A local shop keeper has been kind enough to take me under his wings like Obey Won Kenobi takes on a young Jedi Knight wannabe, that has helped me out alot.  Oh, and I've probably paid his shop rent for the past 6 months!

Right now, I dont have a consistent favorite, though I would have to say that there is a La Flor Dominicana with a CT wrapper that is my top dog currently.  I can only find medium to full ones online, this shop is the only place I can find the medium CT version. Do you think my Jedi Master has some sinister plan or evil intentions ?!  I do like the Romeo and Juliettas 1875, tasty, consistent, and affordable.  I did have a friend turn me onto an Opus.  It was unbelievably tasty, but I felt stoned for the rest of the afternoon and was pretty useless.  I guess you have to train to be able to run the marathon, eh ?

So I begin the next stage of my quest with some new friends and new adventures, as I seek the elusive perfect smoke... but then again, arent most of them pretty darn good !?

Feel free to email me or shout out, I welcome all suggestions and look forward to getting to know some of you.

Regards, Tony D

ps slight irony in my subject line. I am a Yankee transplant from Brooklyn now living in civilized metro Atlanta

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Welcome to the site!  You are in trouble - go ahead and buy another humidor or save some money/time and build a coolidor...

Chief of Shaft

DonM

Wecome to Cigar Geeks  Tony!

"The Curmudgeon"

87North

Or a walk in...  Welcome to the site.   :biggrin:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Robert LG

Rob

MT21

Welcome from Washington State.  There's always someone here to help enable you in this quest!

Know this, your favorite cigar now will be different in 12 months.

Enjoy the journey.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

gitfiddl

Weclome to Cigar Geeks and the associated madness...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

BlackIrish

Great to have you, Tony.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

Beegerply

Welcome Tony enjoy the site and have fun.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

billy82

But I really liked the name "Wish Stealer". It had a Native American ring to it. -Brlesq

A wise geek once told me that moving up from a daily smoke to a weekly or even bi-monthly smoke would be worth it, if I could learn how to appreciate a really really good cigar. -southernrun
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=billy82

Dave S.

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Brlesq

Glad you joined us, Tony!  Some of us have been at this for 20+ years and we're still " . . . feverishly trying to test every single cigar in the world!"  

It can't be done, but yet we still try!  ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

herfdude

"I have made it a rule never to smoke more than one cigar at a time."  Mark Twain

Jackal

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

ewforbess

Welcome from S. Texas!
"The cigar smoker, like the perfect lover or bagpipe player, is a calm man, slow and sure of his wind."

~ Marc Alyn ~

ROTHNH

Welcome to Geekdom, Tony D!

goathead

akira

Welcome!  Good luck on your quest.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.