Bob Cordell

:lmao:

Welcome anyway...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Brlesq

Quote87North - 2/21/2011  9:29 AM
Quotelowpro75 - 2/21/2011  8:11 AM

Or maybe you should work a little harder to find what this guy is looking for Bruce.  Get on that.

:lmao:   You heard the Man Bruce... Hop to it!   :-0  :rolleyes:  :lmao:

:kickyou:  Trying my best to be nice to a newbie.  But how am I supposed to know what the :censored: specifics of the cigar he wants when HE doesn't know what he wants?!?  

I'm done running around like a monkey on this one!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ljlemer

QuoteBrlesq - 2/21/2011  7:55 AM
 If its DR's that you like, maybe you should try a few other brands from there and see if any please your palate.   Good luck!

Sadly, that's usually all you can do, to find something similar. I found, using my example with Royal Jamaicans, that the red label Grayfields came the closest. It turned out to be no coincidence when I looked into it. They hired the same blender and used the same technique(treating the leaves with herbs). Just the leaves were from somewhere else.

The best way to find a similar cigar is to be promiscuous. Buy only singles. One-night stands. Choose likely conquests and go for 'em! I buy singles at cigarbid at good prices.
Don't limit yourself to the DR, but maybe limit yourself by strength, wrapper, etc. I smoke cigars all the time that taste Dominican but aren't.

Buying by the box will slow your search to a crawl.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

lowpro75

QuoteBrlesq - 2/21/2011  10:00 AM

Quote87North - 2/21/2011  9:29 AM
Quotelowpro75 - 2/21/2011  8:11 AM

Or maybe you should work a little harder to find what this guy is looking for Bruce.  Get on that.

:lmao:   You heard the Man Bruce... Hop to it!   :-0  :rolleyes:  :lmao:

:kickyou:  Trying my best to be nice to a newbie.  But how am I supposed to know what the :censored: specifics of the cigar he wants when HE doesn't know what he wants?!?  

I'm done running around like a monkey on this one!

I hope you've learned a valuable lesson today, "Never try to be nice."  Look how well it's worked for me. :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

ROTHNH

Grayfields?  Local B&M store brand?

goathead

Quoteljlemer - 2/21/2011 1:42 AM
QuoteLorenzo - 2/20/2011 11:22 PM Hey Bruce, The manager of the club and I did some research and discovered that the cigar box for my old favorite was labeled "Domincan" and dated 1999, and the recently purchased box was from 'Nicaragua" and dated 2003. It looks like I got what amounts to a different product. I'm certain you understand my disappointment :-) Can you or someone, recommend another site, store or dealer, where you can find older cigars? Thanks, Lorenzo
Cigar brand names have always been recycled to "honor" old classics and to cash in on their fame. Your Signet was probably one of many going back over a century. If you do find anyone hoarding your cigar, be prepared to pay a lot for it. I have an old favorite too, the original Royal Jamaica before the Jamaican tobacco industry was wiped out by Hurricane Gilbert in 1988. The ones I've found have not aged well. There's an "impostor" Royal Jamaica made in the DR cashing in on the name now. It sucks.

wow Royal Jamaica  i havent had one in along time .. not this new stuff but the old stuff boy do i miss it :(

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.