Crazy fund raising parents

Started by mistagordo, 06/18/2007 09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistagordo

I had another couple over this evening and the door rings.  I answer it and there's a little boy - maybe 12 or 13 - hawking some raffle tickets for their softball team.  I tell ya you can sell me anything if you're a kid, but I had no cash and had people over, so I asked the kid to come back tomorrow and I would buy some tickets.  

The tickets were for a flat screen TV - I know my luck so i'm basically guranteed to win right?  :hitme:  Anyways, the kid looks at me like i'm crazy and doesn't really do anything, then looks back at the street and I see his mom sitting her fat ass in her tank of an SUV.  

I see the kid getting all nervous so I try explain it a different way.  Well, I guess the Mongul of a beast mother thought I was giving him a hard time and started screaming "What did he say?"  "Does he have a problem?"  "Let's go...that guy is a jerk!"  I just close the door and get back to my company.   :confused:

What the hell is wrong with people? :uzi:

tnt956

Over protective...living through their kids etc.  You are stronger than me keeping your cool...I would have been out the door and in the mother's face!

Honestly, I think it is good for kids to learn rejection and how to deal with it early in their lives so they are used to it once they become adults!

Anthony

I would have most definitely walked down the car to have a chat with the mom.  That's totally ridiculous.
_____

SenorPablo

Yeah...it's a shame thats kids find themselves in between grownups like that.  Just look at all the little league things going on with parents beating up coaches, other parents, and evening other kids!  Reminds me of a saying my grandmother used to use - "Some people are just plain nuts!"  This would probably qualify for that.

Errr...Gordo?  I am assume you did nothing to oofend, right?  No foul odor, all showered!  Ha!  Joking of course...or am i????

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mistagordo

QuoteSeniorPablo - 6/19/2007  1:20 PM

Yeah...it's a shame thats kids find themselves in between grownups like that.  Just look at all the little league things going on with parents beating up coaches, other parents, and evening other kids!  Reminds me of a saying my grandmother used to use - "Some people are just plain nuts!"  This would probably qualify for that.

Errr...Gordo?  I am assume you did nothing to oofend, right?  No foul odor, all showered!  Ha!  Joking of course...or am i????

-Paul

You know now that you mention it.  I was having an orgy and when I asnwered the door I had my sword swinging in the wind.  Maybe thats what freaked them out, huh?  :lmao:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.