Famous Monthly Sale Gimmick

Started by Brlesq, 02/04/2011 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackal

Quotekola - 2/4/2011  4:21 PM

QuoteJackal - 2/4/2011  7:09 PM

*snip* some of the Famous house blends are pretty good smokes.  I wouldn't pay full asking price for any of them, but Monster or sales prices put them in a good cost position.

Jason, any in particular you would recommend?  

I tried the Signature Rocky Patel the other day and must say I was pleasantly surprised. I would buy more ... on sale.

The Famous Nicaraguan Habano Robusto is a very solid cigar for a great price (especially if you get it on a Moster deal as part of the Louie Ha Ha (comes with 5 Famous Nics and 5 Mi Barios)

I have enjoyed the Final Flight, Vuletrabajo (not sure if it is exclusive to them, but it is a Carlos Torano blend)

I've been happy with the Famous 70th Anniversaries that I have tried.

I did not, however,  like Olor Fuerte (tasted salty and bitter)

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

simcha

Quotegitfiddl - 2/5/2011 12:55 AM It doesn't bother me at all, if you must know the truth. I think you can edit your account preferences to avoid emails... :biggrin:

The sameĀ 

If you want shoot - shoot don't talk ; Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo

ROTHNH

Quotekola - 2/4/2011  7:21 PM

QuoteJackal - 2/4/2011  7:09 PM

*snip* some of the Famous house blends are pretty good smokes.  I wouldn't pay full asking price for any of them, but Monster or sales prices put them in a good cost position.

Jason, any in particular you would recommend?  

I tried the Signature Rocky Patel the other day and must say I was pleasantly surprised. I would buy more ... on sale.

Armin, I think that a lot of Famous' "Exclusives" (house brands) are overpriced when they go for $80 or more a box.

I've tried and liked the Siboney (the original Alec Bradley cigar, not the DPG Reserve version), the Rocky Patel Rosado and the Famous Private Selection Dominicans ... this last one is a more medium than mild, tasty Connecticut wrapped cigar that is being discontinued -- they were a actualy good deal at $90 or so a box, and now, while they last, they're a steal -- $29.96 (3 sizes) in the last Famous catalog.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.