Are you a sports fan?

Started by kgoings, 03/26/2008 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgoings

Which one? Fanatic or Casual? Who's your teams?

kgoings

I grew up in Nebraska so I am a die-hard Husker fan. I love college and pro football! I root for the Huskers and ASU now that I am living in Phoenix. In pro football I root for the Arizona Cardinals...hey nobody can call me a bandwagon fan! I had season tickets till they moved the stadium too far away. Thats about it, I watch college wrestling and gymnastics. I used to wrestle even into collegeĀ and my duaghter does gymnastics.

Bob Cordell

I absolutely love College and NFL Football, I'm in 2 fantasy leagues. Thats alot of fun. Football around here is huge...we are the SEC after all...stand back!

I used to be an avid golfer but dont really play all that much anymore. The Masters will be here in a couple of weeks or so, theres nothing like watching the tournament from Augusta National, that just has a different feel and look to it all together. I love it!!!!!!

I like basketball when it gets to the Sweet 16. I guess I AM a bandwagon basketball fan, although Bruce Pearl has kicked Tennessee basketball up a notch hasn't he? Pat Summit is always right in the thick of things with the women.

I watch a NASCAR race every now and then, I'm not really wild over it though.
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

mhuss

I'm a huge baseball fan, and the time has finally come that the new season is about to start.  Actually, it already has started with the two games in Japan.  I'm also a pretty big hockey fan, but not as much as I was in the past.  Since I'm from the Philly area, the Phillies and Flyers are my teams.  I also play in several fantasy leagues.  This past year, I won both my baseball and football leagues, and I'm currently playing in the championship round in my hockey league.  I am all setup and ready to go in three fantasy baseball leagues this year, which is the most I've ever played in one season.  Sports is about all I watch on TV, as well.  If it's not a game on, then it's a highlight show or a sports talk show.  Along with cigars, sports run my life outside of my family.

Ray240

Quotemhuss - 3/26/2008  1:20 PM

Since I'm from the Philly area, the Phillies and Flyers are my teams.

I'm with mhuss. Let's Go Phillies!!!

Duker511

I like football and hockey, Im not a fanatic but I watch as much as I can and go to a few games a year. I root for my home teams too. The Buffalo Bills(yeah I know) and the Sabres(go Sabres!). I also watch UFC fighting.
Tim

kgoings

Duker511

If you consider fishing a sport, I do that several times a week. This morning I went ice fishing for probably the last time of the season due to thinning ice. Not much biting today, my buddy caught a couple walleyes. Trout will be running in our local streams in the next couple weeks and Im looking forward to catching some steelhead :biggrin:
Tim

SenorPablo

NCAAB - Terps - and NFL - Skins - for me.  I can't stand the NBA and have a tough time getting into MLB lately - likey because Orioles and their owner haven't given me much to cheer about lately.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tnt956

I am a huge football fan.  I will sit and watch the games all day Sunday from start to finish and watch the Monday night game.  The Ravens are my team.

I'm also a baseball fan but, as Paul mentioned the Orioles have stunk it us over the last 10 years so its hard to get excited.  I also love to watch and play golf.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.