The Shrinking Pass

Started by nwb, 04/06/2011 08:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Kelley

Quoteherfdude - 6/17/2011  9:14 PM

Quotejharrisx5 - 6/17/2011  5:04 PM

Ok, the pass is on the way to Frenchburg KY and should arrive on Monday. I think I suffered from sticker shock with the $15 shipping charge because I apparently forgot to add tracking. :loser:  I was sure that for $15 it would be included, but it's not on the receipt. Sorry for the bonehead move!

Jason

Why did it cost you $15 to ship it? I'm pretty it only cost me less than $6 to ship the pass with tracking to you.....

Must be the customs fees for shipments into the Commonwealth of Kentucky.

It's a looooong way from CA to KY and not so long from one place in CA to another...could that be it?  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

nwb

Quotejharrisx5 - 6/17/2011  8:04 PM

Ok, the pass is on the way to Frenchburg KY and should arrive on Monday. I think I suffered from sticker shock with the $15 shipping charge because I apparently forgot to add tracking. :loser:  I was sure that for $15 it would be included, but it's not on the receipt. Sorry for the bonehead move!

Jason

Holy crap!  Why was it so much?  Did you take your shipping policy straight from JR's?
Chief of Shaft

zac

I am smoking the J.L. Salazar Hermanos I pulled from this pass.  This is a really enjoyable smoke.  The first half seems a bit more on the mild side of medium, than I usually smoke, but I like it.  I need to track down where I can get a few more of these.

Thanks Nate!

jharrisx5

Hey guys  

Yeah I definately questioned the high shipping cost. The weight was only a couple ounces different but because it's going much farther it cost much more. Something about zone 7 or some other USPS mumbo-jumbo that only they understand!   :confused:

Anyway, sorry if I was whining but it just caught me off guard. Thanks for letting me participate in the pass!
Puff Puff Give....

Ken Kelley

Got the pass yesterday. $15.90 to ship it from CA??? Why is the USPS going broke if they rob people like that? My main task today is to get my computer running again. I think the power switch went bad. If not that then the power supply has gone TU. So I will visit the big settlement for parts. I hate my wife's laptop because the keys are too danged close together. Anyway, I will get the pass moving probably tomorrow.

nwb

Thanks for the update, Ken.  Good luck with the computer.
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Quotenwb - 6/21/2011  8:53 AM

Thanks for the update, Ken.  Good luck with the computer.

It's fixed now. The power switch tested out fine. The power supply was shot. My usual shop in Frenchburg is closed because the owner is on vacation for a week. I found a new one in Morehead and once I got the broke one switched out everything is working great. Only problem is I busted a little plastic piece when I was trying to put the switch back together. I went redneck and took off the button then threaded the switch out through the hole. Didn't use duct tape to secure it though. Used some clear packing taped instead. Duct tape would look more refined though.  :biggrin:

I think it is about time for a new machine. I built this one five or six years ago and it's starting to get hinky. Saw a nice looking laptop in the Morehead Walter Mart so I got to thinking about that.....

Ken Kelley

The pass is on the way to Rich. Sorry for the delay but we've been having some wicked storms the past couple of days. Severe thunderstorms and a couple of tornadoes so far.

nwb

Very generous puts, Ken.  Thanks for participating. :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Quotenwb - 6/24/2011  1:58 PM

Very generous puts, Ken.  Thanks for participating. :biggrin:

And thank YOU for the opportunity!  :biggrin:

lowpro75

I got this pass today.  It might be a couple of days before I can turn it around as work is killing me.  Look for it to go out Thursday or Friday.  If I can get to it sooner, I will.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

BlackIrish

Should be here tomorrow.  Sweet!
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

BlackIrish

Box landed today, everything in good shape.  No promises, but I'll try to get it back on its way in the morning.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

Thanks for the update Eddie.
Chief of Shaft

BlackIrish

I didn't get to do this last night. I've got to dig some cigars out of deep storage and just couldn't make it happen.  I hope to do it tonight.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

lowpro75

Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

BlackIrish

USPS tells me that the box is back at home in Georgia.  

Thanks for a great pass, Nathan, and for letting me participate.

:thumbsup:
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

QuoteBlackIrish - 7/14/2011  3:17 PM

USPS tells me that the box is back at home in Georgia.  

Thanks for a great pass, Nathan, and for letting me participate.

:thumbsup:

Got it!  By the way, fantastic puts!  You were more than generous with those.

Thanks to everyone who participated.  I'll get this one closed up so points get awarded.
Chief of Shaft

Jackal

Great pass.  Thanks for having me in this one.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

NES Tek

Very cool pass Nathan, thanks!!!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.