Cigar Geeks Northwest Get Together

Started by Shukpaw, 03/26/2011 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT21

Just PM me the address for my Tom Tom
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

NES Tek

I wish I could make it. I'll be in Philly for business. (Which means I need to hit up our Philly geeks!)

Have fun guys!!!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

MT21

Nick.  Be sure to go to Geno's in South Philly for an awesome steak sandwich!
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

It would be nice if we could get a few more geeks, but unfortunately I think it's going to just be the 4 of us. Somebody surprise us and make the trip! :smoker:

Neil, Mark and Michael; I would like to go golfing if the rest you are up for it.  :confused:  We should probably figure out meals too.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

MT21

Sorry but I haven't golfed in 35 years.

Gurkha free zone.

Shukpaw

QuoteHerb - 6/21/2011  9:43 PM

Sorry but I haven't golfed in 35 years.

You could probably still beat me.  I will be sending PMs and emails in the next few minutes.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

metalhead y cigarguy

It's never to late to dust off the clubs and knock off the rust.  :biggrin:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

vw77guy

That sounds like a blast.  I can't make it, but I know there's about four of us in the Denver area that should do this as well.  And next time I post myself smoking a cigar, I'll keep my clothes on!!

wlfwalleye

HMMM A road trip sounds like a good idea, but the farm is in full swing this time of year and it would be tuff
to get away.

Besides I don't know if this backwoods plowboy would fit in at a swanky beach house.

Do they make a flannel speedo?  :confused:

MT21

I feel like a kid knowing that Christmas is only a few weeks away!   :dancing:

Gurkha free zone.

NES Tek

Quotewlfwalleye - 6/22/2011  6:32 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Brlesq

Don't forget that you NW guys owe us all pictures of your Pineapple White Owl herf!  :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Shukpaw

Quotewlfwalleye - 6/22/2011  6:32 AM

HMMM A road trip sounds like a good idea, but the farm is in full swing this time of year and it would be tuff
to get away.

Besides I don't know if this backwoods plowboy would fit in at a swanky beach house.

You'd fit in just fine.  You are over selling the place.  It is a nice house on a nicer piece of property, but I'm sure no one has ever used the word swanky for it.  It looks like a light green barn.  1400 sq feet +/-.

If you come you can wear these http://www.amazon.com/Speedo-Unisex-Americana-Flannel-Pajama/dp/B001BKV5O8

Shukpaw

QuoteBrlesq - 6/22/2011  12:45 PM

Don't forget that you NW guys owe us all pictures of your Pineapple White Owl herf!  :lmao:

I looked up the review of the Pineapple White Owl.  One review from Twinky.  Are we going to judge a cigar on one review?  Are others just too ashamed to admit they have tried one to post a review?

cmmayo

QuoteShukpaw - 3/26/2011  6:02 PM

On Saturday July 9th I will be hosting a Cigar Geeks get together at my family's beach house in Olympia, WA.  The official time is 11am-7pm.  There are four of us, which I know of, who are within a couple hours of the house.  I expect the four of us will be there.  The rest of you are also invited.

The official time is only a suggestion.  I plan to be at the house Friday through Sunday.  Bryan and I have already discussed taking in a game or golfing or something on Sunday.  There is room for some people to stay at the house if you come for more than one day.  We will plan based on who is coming.  So far those of us who have discussed getting together are not bringing any of our family with us.

Disclaimer:  This house is used by my parents and my siblings.  There is no smoking allowing in the house, but it has a nice deck and plenty of outside areas.  Just pray for good weather.

Please PM me with any questions or for the address if you are coming.  Please RSVP by July 1st so I can make sure to have enough food, etc...

That sounds really awesome.

We should figure out something for all the Texas area Geeks soon. (But probably not until the temps drop back down near the end of the year.)
--Corey

I'M BACK, MF-ers!!!

Robert LG

Quotecmmayo - 6/22/2011  4:55 PM

On Saturday July 9th I will be hosting a Cigar Geeks get together at my family's beach house in Olympia, WA.  The official time is 11am-7pm.  There are four of us, which I know of, who are within a couple hours of the house.  I expect the four of us will be there.  The rest of you are also invited.

The official time is only a suggestion.  I plan to be at the house Friday through Sunday.  Bryan and I have already discussed taking in a game or golfing or something on Sunday.  There is room for some people to stay at the house if you come for more than one day.  We will plan based on who is coming.  So far those of us who have discussed getting together are not bringing any of our family with us.

Disclaimer:  This house is used by my parents and my siblings.  There is no smoking allowing in the house, but it has a nice deck and plenty of outside areas.  Just pray for good weather.

Please PM me with any questions or for the address if you are coming.  Please RSVP by July 1st so I can make sure to have enough food, etc...

We should figure out something for all the Texas area Geeks soon. (But probably not until the temps drop back down near the end of the year.)

I've been thinking that for a while Corey but driving from all points in Texas wemay as well join there get together. :biggrin:   Seriously though I'm game if it is at all possible within my schedule.
Rob

87North

QuoteRobert LG - 6/22/2011  5:18 PM

Quotecmmayo - 6/22/2011  4:55 PM

I've been thinking that for a while Corey but driving from all points in Texas wemay as well join there get together. :biggrin:   Seriously though I'm game if it is at all possible within my schedule.

I'd love to do something like this, but It might be tricky... It's about as far from me and Rob as it is from me to the Canadian Border.   :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteHerb - 6/22/2011  7:30 AM

I feel like a kid knowing that Christmas is only a few weeks away!   :dancing:

I know what you mean. In preparation for the festive weekend I have prepared goody bags for you guys. Today I went to the liquor store and purchased a few items to help us enjoy those goodies.

(click to enlarge)

For those not familiar with Crater Lake Vodka; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NeW47Y6IIg
For those not familiar with Pendleton Whisky; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Qko367ZJJI

MT21

Gurkha free zone.

Shukpaw

MT21

2 weeks to go!  I checked the location on Google Maps.  If there was a ferry from Longbranch I could be there in 1/2 the time!  

This is gonna be awesome!   :smoker:  :cheers:  :thumbsup:

Gurkha free zone.

metalhead y cigarguy

How are you guys at poker? I thought maybe I would bring some poker chips/cards along and play some Texas Hold'em. The wager can be a 5 pk or something.   :confused:

MT21

When it comes to poker, I'm an extreme rookie.  If you can tolerate that, it's ok by me.

Gurkha free zone.

Shukpaw

Well I'm off to get the place set up.  No internet access, so we'll let you know how it goes after the weekend.  :dancing:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.