Cigar Geeks Northwest Get Together

Started by Shukpaw, 03/26/2011 06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalhead y cigarguy

Here are a few more pics from the Weekend. (click to enlarge)

Finishing our first sticks on Day 1;
(Herb - Mark, mcdimond - Michael, Shukpaw - Neil, metalhead y cigarguy - Bryan).

Morning smoke on Day 2.

Our view from the deck, afternoon of Day 1.

Our view from the deck, morning of Day 2.

View down the beach.

My giant haul from the weekend.
(The 4 sticks on left are courtesy of Michael from his cigar box-o-plenty, along with the 3 labels below. The 12 sticks in the middle are courtesy of Neil. The 5 sticks on the right are courtesy of Mark, along with the band below.  
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Shukpaw

Well, as you have already heard, I just got back from a great weekend.  I had a great time.  Wish you had all been there.  It was fun.  Mark, Michael, and Bryan are three fine fellows.  It was nice getting to know each of them better.  I'd like to thank them all for coming.  Except for the Tacoma Rainiers not playing as well as we could have hoped, I could not have asked for a better weekend.

We started off the festivities with the exchanging of the cigars.  We all had cigars for each other.  If my count is right, over the weekend, 91 cigars changed hands between the 4 of us.

Mark brought some very tasty pulled pork.  I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it.  It was great.  He also brought us each a Panacea for us all to try together.  In addition he bombed all of us.  Another cool thing Mark did was he brought us power line insulators that work great as cigar holders and look cool.

Michael brought me a Camacho 5 pack for hosting.  I like Camacho.  He gave us all an Alec Bradley Tempest and brought a box with a variety of cigars that he freely shared with all of us.  I smoked three out of the box and he let me take two more for later.  In addition he brought me my winnings from the contest he held a couple of months ago.

Bryan brought a bomb for all of us.  He also brought the beverages.  One of the cool things he did was located some Olympia Beer.  I had not had one in about 20 years.  They closed the brewery in Olympia and it is not made or sold there anymore.

We started off with a little conversation, had a great lunch and got down to a couple cigars.  We had a little more food and then, sadly, Mark had to leave us.  Michael, Bryan, and I then headed off to the Tacoma Rainiers game.  They lost 14 to 5.  It was still a fun game to watch.  After we got back to the house we had a little more food.  Then Bryan and I headed out for another cigar.  This morning, after breakfast, Michael, Bryan, and I headed back out for one last cigar.  Great weekend.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

MT21

"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Brlesq

Looks like it was a successful CG Herf.  Glad you guys could pull it together.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DonM

Sounds like good times had for all, nice pics!

"The Curmudgeon"

qman22

It looks like it was a great time, awesome to see something like that come together!
Lets GOOOOOOOO Mountaineers!

87North

I'm still envious and glad you guys had a good time.  If only they'd still let you smoke at the ballpark...
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

metalhead y cigarguy

Quote87North - 7/14/2011  12:12 AM

I'm still envious and glad you guys had a good time.  If only they'd still let you smoke at the ballpark...

That would have been nice. To bad those days are over.  :-(

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

grabow66

It would be nice to do something like that here in Arkansas. :-)
If at first you dont succeed you are running about average.

bnitch

That deck looks like a perfect place to kick back and have a cigar.      :thumbsup:

If I did this whats the worst that could happen?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.