Who has the Best Beer

Started by horrido, 04/07/2011 05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vw77guy

Quotenmcabe - 2/11/2012  7:12 PM

From my experiences, the best beer comes from Belgium, and is known as Stella Artois. LONG LIVE THE CHALICE!!

Hate to burst your bubble, but it no longer comes from Belguim.  It was bought by  Budweiser.

ROTHNH

Quotevw77guy - 2/12/2012  1:31 AM

From my experiences, the best beer comes from Belgium, and is known as Stella Artois. LONG LIVE THE CHALICE!!

Hate to burst your bubble, but it no longer comes from Belguim.  It was bought by  Budweiser.

Well the fact is that Belgian company InBev, the largest brewer in the world, owns Budweiser and these other brands listed here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/InBev_brands

As you can see, InBev also owns Stella Artois.

Stella Artois is brewed in Belgium (both in the plants of Leuven and Jupille) and the United Kingdom, as well as other countries.

nmcabe

Quotevw77guy - 2/12/2012  1:31 AM

The beer is still brewed in Belgium, and my all time favorite, no matter who owns it.

Rx2man

QuoteShukpaw - 4/8/2011  1:54 AM

I'm going with the U.S.  Just the Seattle area alone has some amazing variety.  Oregon has some great beers.  90 plus percent of what I drink is northwest U.S.

Beer nerd here, yes Seattle has good beer for sure but a lot is over hopped.  The are almost all hop heads, the exceptions be Barron and Alpine both of which know how to make a good German stlye lager.  Alpine is a little east of Seattle though.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." ~Winston Churchill

Rx2man

Quotemountedshriner - 4/7/2011  6:44 PM

The answer is simple..............GERMANY, hands down!! Nuff said! :shades:

Yes but it has to be on tap the stuff in bottles here is pasteurized and is just not the same, even in the keg the stuff is not as good in the US as in Germany.  If you like beer and you like German lagers than you have to goto Oktoberfest once in your life.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." ~Winston Churchill

Rx2man

Quote87North - 4/8/2011  8:14 AM

I like most kinds of beer, but I have to say that I probably like the english ales best.  'Specially ESB.

IMHO the best English ESB you can get in the US is Fullers ESB, is the only import I have tasted that was as good in London on tap as it was in the US in a bottle.  That being said on your next visit to London you can have a Samuel Smiths hand pumped ale for 2 pds almost anywhere in London.  Yes its watery compared to Fullers but at half the price appx $3 USD in London you just cant beat it for a session beer!!!!  Fullers ESB is still better though.

Rx2man

The best beer you can get will be whatever beer is made locally at your local micro brewery.  This is not opinion but FACT.  Whatever style of beer you like is fine but beer should not be micro filtered or flash pateurized.  It messes it up.  That elimintates every beer I can think of here in a bottle from Germany and on tap (not sure why tap beer from Germany is pastuerized for the US market, but it tastes like crap compared to what is in Munich).  Stella I am not going to comment on.  Fullers is the only bottled beer that was as good in London as here in a bottle but watch the date stamp, a lot is old in Bevmo and they taste off...duh.  Otherwise what ever style you can goto you local brewery and fill in growler will be "the best" if you dont have it on CO2 at the house.  As far as what style is best with a stogie further research is required!!!!

ironchefscott

San Diego is the best area for beers in the world.  That coming from a guy who lives in Portland, OR.

Rx2man

Quoteironchefscott - 2/26/2012  5:52 PM

San Diego is the best area for beers in the world.  That coming from a guy who lives in Portland, OR.

Care to clarify why it is the best area?  Went there a couple years ago and went to a brewery, beer was good but was somewhat on the high side.  

Point I am trying to make is that same beer that is the best in SD, flash pateurised or micro filtered will not be as good as it was at the brewery in SD.

1sgjeffward

Gotta go right here with Northern Colorado

?New Belgium -Microbrew
Odell's -Microbrew
BOULDER
Avery Brewing - Micro
BJ's Pizza and Brewery - Brewpub
Boulder Beer Company
Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery - Brewpub
Redfish Brewing Company - Brewpub  
Redstone Meadery Micro
Rock Bottom - (Walnut Brewery)  Brewpub
Southern Sun Pub - Brewpub
Twisted Pine Brewing - Brewpub
Wilderness Pub - Brewpub  

Those are just the major ones in less that 40 miles from me. about 15-20 other smaller ones. If you want beer Fort Collins is a good place to be :dancing:
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.