My Newest Humidor Acquisition

Started by Brlesq, 04/28/2011 05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 4/29/2011  7:54 AM
...Nate (nwb) got me into this:  He's always scouring craigslist ads in other cities and sending me leads, but I found this one on my own.

BTW, I found a guy in nearby Connecticut claiming to offer real Cubans through craigslist, and even free samples to serious buyers!      :lmao:  :lmao:  Nate jumped on that!

Hey now, he was very nice.  He even offered to send me the special limited edition regional release of the Montecristo #8.  The deal was too good to pass up, so now I have a great looking box of Cubans - they even have a glass top box!

Seriously, I'm glad you found a great deal.  For anyone looking for a humidor, I highly recommend scouring your local Craigslist ads.  There are some fantastic deals.
Chief of Shaft

lowpro75

Quotenwb - 4/29/2011  8:15 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 4/29/2011  7:54 AM
...Nate (nwb) got me into this:  He's always scouring craigslist ads in other cities and sending me leads, but I found this one on my own.

BTW, I found a guy in nearby Connecticut claiming to offer real Cubans through craigslist, and even free samples to serious buyers!      :lmao:  :lmao:  Nate jumped on that!

Hey now, he was very nice.  He even offered to send me the special limited edition regional release of the Montecristo #8.  The deal was too good to pass up, so now I have a great looking box of Cubans - they even have a glass top box!

Seriously, I'm glad you found a great deal.  For anyone looking for a humidor, I highly recommend scouring your local Craigslist ads.  There are some fantastic deals.

You have a Montecristo #8?  The Ocho?? :biggrin:
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 4/29/2011  8:52 AM

Yep!  They are a limited edition, only sold to rednecks.
Chief of Shaft

87North

Thats a fine piece of cabinetry right there Bruce.  You really weren't messing around w/ that beauty... :-0
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

goathead

wlfwalleye

Bruce, very nice acquisition!

That wood grain is just awesome!

Robert LG

I sure hope that thing is holding humidity for you.  I had to come take another look.  It really is a beauty!
Rob

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteShukpaw - 4/29/2011  4:58 AM

:shades:  Very nice.  If you ever decide you don't want that any more, you know where to go.

Yeah... he's going to ship it to my house.  :biggrin:  As a big fan of RyJ cigars that would be a nice fit for me. Excellent humi Bruce. Nice score.  :thumbsup:
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

vw77guy

damn fine score there.  Love the grain on that wood.

Brlesq

UPDATE:  After 5 days of seasoning, it was holding humidity.  I was a little worried because the glass doors have some slight play to them, but the drawers also seem to act as a seal.   So I loaded it with about 150 cigars two days ago, and it has been holding a steady 65% ever since. Looks like a keeper!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Glad to hear the new humi is working.

My cabinet has some play in the glass, too, but it holds humidity somehow.
Chief of Shaft

horrido

Quotenwb - 4/29/2011  8:54 AM

Quotelowpro75 - 4/29/2011  8:52 AM

Yep!  They are a limited edition, only sold to rednecks.

Ya they have banana leaf in em.... :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.