My Beer Pairing

Started by xblue, 05/14/2011 06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whodeeni

Maybe its just me, but I find it kind of hard to pair a porter/stout with a cigar
when its hot outside... and i love me some stouts!

It's kind of funny to me, but i've been grabbing for IPA's & Hefeweizen's recently...
21's Amendments Watermelon Hefeweizen is a favorite of mine. My favorite IPA is
DFH 90min, very well balanced, and not too overly hoppy!
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

hardeveningsuburb

Quotewhodeeni - 7/28/2011  1:16 PM

Maybe its just me, but I find it kind of hard to pair a porter/stout with a cigar when its hot outside... and i love me some stouts!

It's kind of funny to me, but i've been grabbing for IPA's & Hefeweizen's recently...
21's Amendments Watermelon Hefeweizen is a favorite of mine. My favorite IPA is
DFH 90min, very well balanced, and not too overly hoppy!

Oh, me too.  I wasn't smoking outside when I was doing those recent cigar/dark beer pairings.  I was smoking in a cigar bar (air conditioned) that happened to have a great selection of dark beers.  If I were smoking outside this time of year and wanted to have a beer, I'd be far more likely to pick up a pale ale, IPA, saison, or a good hefe.  Hell, even a good lager!  I had an Oliva Serie G Belicoso with a Samuel Smith Organic Lager a few weeks ago and it was a damn tasty combo.

I really dig DFH 90.  Very tasty.  However, my favorite IPA has to be Pliny the Elder.  I rarely have a chance to drink it, but it's always amazing when I do.  I got to drink some with an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story earlier this year and it was one of the best pairings of my life.
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

whodeeni

Quotehardeveningsuburb - 7/28/2011  5:05 PM
Quotewhodeeni - 7/28/2011  1:16 PMMaybe its just me, but I find it kind of hard to pair a porter/stout with a cigar when its hot outside... and i love me some stouts!
It's kind of funny to me, but i've been grabbing for IPA's & Hefeweizen's recently...21's Amendments Watermelon Hefeweizen is a favorite of mine. My favorite IPA isDFH 90min, very well balanced, and not too overly hoppy!
Oh, me too.  I wasn't smoking outside when I was doing those recent cigar/dark beer pairings.  I was smoking in a cigar bar (air conditioned) that happened to have a great selection of dark beers.  If I were smoking outside this time of year and wanted to have a beer, I'd be far more likely to pick up a pale ale, IPA, saison, or a good hefe.  Hell, even a good lager!  I had an Oliva Serie G Belicoso with a Samuel Smith Organic Lager a few weeks ago and it was a damn tasty combo.I really dig DFH 90.  Very tasty.  However, my favorite IPA has to be Pliny the Elder.  I rarely have a chance to drink it, but it's always amazing when I do.  I got to drink some with an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story earlier this year and it was one of the best pairings of my life.

They only sell that in California right?
If smoking cigars is on the Darkside, I don't ever
want to see the light!!!

fatboy

med/full maddies seem to go well with Young's Double Chocolate Stout, and I imagine with many maltier brews. Not a huge fan of cigars with really hoppy or more bitter brews, though I enjoy the drinks with food or by themselves.

Frank

hardeveningsuburb

Quotewhodeeni - 7/28/2011  7:15 PM

Quotehardeveningsuburb - 7/28/2011  5:05 PM
Quotewhodeeni - 7/28/2011  1:16 PMMaybe its just me, but I find it kind of hard to pair a porter/stout with a cigar when its hot outside... and i love me some stouts!
It's kind of funny to me, but i've been grabbing for IPA's & Hefeweizen's recently...21's Amendments Watermelon Hefeweizen is a favorite of mine. My favorite IPA isDFH 90min, very well balanced, and not too overly hoppy!
Oh, me too.  I wasn't smoking outside when I was doing those recent cigar/dark beer pairings.  I was smoking in a cigar bar (air conditioned) that happened to have a great selection of dark beers.  If I were smoking outside this time of year and wanted to have a beer, I'd be far more likely to pick up a pale ale, IPA, saison, or a good hefe.  Hell, even a good lager!  I had an Oliva Serie G Belicoso with a Samuel Smith Organic Lager a few weeks ago and it was a damn tasty combo.I really dig DFH 90.  Very tasty.  However, my favorite IPA has to be Pliny the Elder.  I rarely have a chance to drink it, but it's always amazing when I do.  I got to drink some with an Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story earlier this year and it was one of the best pairings of my life.

They only sell that in California right?

I believe so.  I've only ever been able to get a hold of it in California.  Maybe they distribute it elsewhere, but I've never seen it.
"After people get to know me, they all say I drink a lot of beer. I don't deny it either. Why should I? I'm not ashamed of beer." - Richard Brautigan

adriedel

I had a barley wine with a 5 Vegas The Judge it was ok.   It is such a mild cigar it didnt do much for it.  I had glenfiddich 12 year with a carlos toreno 50 year it was alot better.  Brought out the creaminess out of it.  I love glenfiddich but noticed a like the 15 year better than the 18.  I didnt think it added enough for the price.  But what am I talking about I cant tell the difference that much.

Cfickter

I prefer a full body and like a Stella with it
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Akkahuna

Kassiks "Morning Wood IPA" and an "Ava Maria Toro" is really hard to beat.

Kassiks Brewery is a local Alaskan Microbrew that makes kick-ass beer, they also have a "Caribou Kilt Wee Heavy Scotch" that goes great with a "Diesel Unlimited".

I'll have to get into the homebrew another time.

http://kassiksbrew.com/

:cigarman:  :beer:  :cigarman:  :beer:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.