From the M*A*S*H episode"Fade Out, Fade In:" COL. POTTER: Cigar? RADAR: Will it stunt my growth? COL. POTTER: Whattya got to loose? RADAR: Is it Habit forming? COL. POTTER: Nah, I've smoked 5 cigars a day and never got the habit! RADAR: That's good to know! (After lighting cigars, Radar makes a puzzled look) COL POTTER: Nothin' like a good cigar on a clear morning! RADAR: Or Cream of Wheat. Later, Radar was found over the hill, sick from his first cigar...

Main Menu

Maduro Chateau Fuente

Started by Astronaut318i, 04/12/2008 02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astronaut318i

I just wrote a review of this. I had this morning and the whole thing was fantastic. The sun was out, it was warm and spring was rolling in.

It was also the second time in a month that my cigar smoking generated a conversation with an older gentleman. As a young lad of 20, he a man of 60ish, he was surprised to see someone my age smoking a cigar. Anyone else ever strike up a conversation over a cigar with someone just out of the blue?

But anyways...nice work Mr. Fuente.

Duker511

Fuentes are one of my favorites, they never let me down.(except for the Curly Heads).

On the other topic, I was at the transfer station on friday. As I was paying at the TS, at the little booth, I was smoking a AR Select. The guy asked what kind of "hogsleg" I was puffing on. I told him, and he put his hand out the window with a Romeo y Juliet churchill of some kind.

As I unloaded my garbage, he walked over and we talked for awhile about cigars. I informed him of the little cigar shop in our town, he had never seen or heard of it. Hes a really cool dude, and sense I go to the Transfer Station a couple times a week, I think we will be friendly.

The guy at our local cigar shop says that alot of 20 somethings are coming to his shop and buying cigars. He also says that he is surprised how knowledgeable the younger generation is about cigars.
Tim

Astronaut318i

I just hope the 20 somethings are in it for the right reasons, y'know? Being in a college town, though, I feel that Fuentes are probably not the favorite smokes of my peers...though my girlfriend says that all her guy friends are cigar smokers...

Am I just smoking in the wrong place at the wrong time? Apparently.

mhuss

Hey Duker, you'll have to spread the word to him about CG.  Get him on board.  Here's your chance to refer a new member!

Duker511

I already have that planned, I also told the guy at our local shop about the site. He said hes been looking for a good database and review site to help him stock his shelfs. He is old school, and wants to know what everyones smoking. His favorites are Fuentes, which he has most of them in stock. I told him this is a good place to find out what the "in" crowd is smoking. :smoker:

I also just got my buddy online at his house and he will be here within the week. You guys will like him I think. He will have alot of questions, but he is a really good guy. Ive had him smoking cigars for about four months now and he loves it. He bought a 50 count humi that he treats better than his children. Seriously, he might not know where his kids are, but he knows where his Rh is.
Tim

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.