Oliva Serie O Maduro Robusto

Started by kgoings, 04/23/2008 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kgoings

Sat down this morning and had a decent smoke.

Very nice prelight aroma and takes, very first taste was a bit sweet. Cut very nice with my Palio, construction was very nice with only one blemish which could have been due to storage.

First taste upon lighting was quite peppery, but after 2 draws it calmed down to a very nice tobacco taste with a hint of spice and sweetness. Burn was fairly good through the first third and the flavor was nice with random cedar tastes. Aroma was great, the smoke was very sweet and woody. Ash was a light grey color and very solid.

The middle third the flavor softened for a bit but then picked back up. Still nice flavors, a bit more spice and some black pepper on the back of my tongue. Burn wasn't as straight but it was a bit breezy outside.

Final third needed a touchup (again could be due to the breeze) taste became a bit stronger, but still about the same.

I had read that this was the best Maduro out there, well I could name two off the top of my head that are better. The El Ray Del Mundo Robusto and the Montecristo Media Noche...and I am not a "seasoned smoker" so my experience is to say the least...limited.

Nice cigar, not fantastic.

Turboknat

I have to say that I do prefer the Series V over all in that line.

kgoings

QuoteTurboknat - 4/23/2008 10:30 AM I have to say that I do prefer the Series V over all in that line.

Have you tried both the Nat and Maddie for the Serie V? I tried the nat and the flavors were very strong...not to my tastes...but I wonder if the Maddie would be better.

Turboknat

It was the maduro that I tried.  I like it alot.  Also the maduro Series G.  Haven't tried the Nat yet.

stogie_foggie

The Oliva Serie 'G' is probably the best $4 cigar I have ever had.  I usually have a couple on hand at all times.

To tell you truth, ANY cigar you are able to smoke during the day is a good one.  Sucks when work gets in the way of a good cigar.....  :biggrin:
"... watch how much evil, which we call crime..."  - Ray Lewis

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.