From the M*A*S*H episode"Fade Out, Fade In:" COL. POTTER: Cigar? RADAR: Will it stunt my growth? COL. POTTER: Whattya got to loose? RADAR: Is it Habit forming? COL. POTTER: Nah, I've smoked 5 cigars a day and never got the habit! RADAR: That's good to know! (After lighting cigars, Radar makes a puzzled look) COL POTTER: Nothin' like a good cigar on a clear morning! RADAR: Or Cream of Wheat. Later, Radar was found over the hill, sick from his first cigar...

Main Menu

What cigar should I bring my father in law?

Started by Globaljack, 07/14/2011 07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROTHNH

I'd avoid the Don Tomas and bring the Drew Estates Tabak Especial and one  other good stick that's not infused and even milder than those mentioned in this thread -- such as a Romeo y Julieta Vintage No. 1.  If you can't find or find time to snag the Vinatge, bring the Cusano 18 along with the infused stick (the Cusano 18 is OK, but that Churchill is a pretty long smoke so size-wise it probably isn't ideal).  

Let him choose from the two cigars after you explain what both sticks offer.

akira

QuoteBrlesq - 7/16/2011  5:54 AM

Quoteakira - 7/15/2011  12:50 PM

I vote for not going to your inlaws if he's going to get pissed at you for bringing him a cigar.  I can think of a million other things to do than get crap from an inlaw for giving them something for free.

If you have no choice in the matter, I also vote for bringing him a couple different ones so he can choose if he wants the flavored one or not.

Wow, Mike.  Lets talk about these feelings.  How DO you feel about your inlaws?

:lmao:  :biggrin:
My inlaws are actually great and we get a long just fine.  I'm just saying that if I didn't get along with them, I wouldn't bother going to visit them or give them cigars if they are just going to be complaining about it...
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

NES Tek

Quoteakira - 7/16/2011  9:57 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 7/16/2011  5:54 AM

I vote for not going to your inlaws if he's going to get pissed at you for bringing him a cigar.  I can think of a million other things to do than get crap from an inlaw for giving them something for free.

If you have no choice in the matter, I also vote for bringing him a couple different ones so he can choose if he wants the flavored one or not.

:lmao:  :biggrin:
My inlaws are actually great and we get a long just fine.  I'm just saying that if I didn't get along with them, I wouldn't bother going to visit them or give them cigars if they are just going to be complaining about it...

It's his friends he needs to complain about.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

QuoteBrlesq - 7/16/2011  8:54 AM

:lmao:  :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotenwb - 7/15/2011  7:57 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 7/15/2011  7:50 AM

QuoteRobert LG - 7/15/2011  1:49 AM

I have no recommendation on a cigar for him.  But I can say to be careful.  My Father in Law went from smoking CVS drugstore cigars to 601 Blue's and San Cristobals and whatever else I bring him from humidor.

:word: Not only has my father-in-law moved up from drugstore sticks and developed a more expensive taste since I started bringing him cigars, he has just made it clear that he no longer purchases them because "you are the expert" and expects me to suplly ALL of his cigars (which only amounts to a couple of boxes a year.)  

So move forward with care, Grasshopper.  Go for long filler but inexpensive, and see if any of these come in bundles.  :shy:

Count yourselves lucky, fellows.  My father in law just takes a cigar or two from my humidor when he comes into town.... :mad:
That is just wrong. Even opening it without asking is wrong.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nwb

Quotewescat - 7/23/2011  6:13 AM
Count yourselves lucky, fellows.  My father in law just takes a cigar or two from my humidor when he comes into town.... :mad:

Don't get me wrong - he is a nice guy.  He just isn't the most considerate individual.
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotenwb - 7/23/2011  6:48 AM

Quotewescat - 7/23/2011  6:13 AM

Don't get me wrong - he is a nice guy.  He just isn't the most considerate individual.
I know the type. It sounds like you are very patient with him.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Hot Stuff x

Quotewescat - 7/23/2011  8:13 PM

If my daughter marries a cigar guy I'll be taking his smokes.  Hey, that's nothing...after all, he's boning my little girl  :mad:
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

nwb

QuoteHot Stuff x - 7/23/2011  9:26 AM

If my daughter marries a cigar guy I'll be taking his smokes.  Hey, that's nothing...after all, he's boning my little girl  :mad:

Good point.
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

QuoteHot Stuff x - 7/23/2011  6:26 AM

Very true. Well put.
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

87North

I sometimes really miss having a head shaking emoticon... :sad:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.