Started by wescat, 07/22/2011 10:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Negative Feedback

Yes, I would leave negative feedback.
26 (86.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Ken Kelley

QuoteBob Cordell - 7/22/2011  2:17 PM

Can I change my vote and agree that Rich is an a-hole?

Fixed that for ya, Bob!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Bob Cordell

Thanks Ken, your Johnny on the Spot!
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

wescat

The Thread'jackin skills of this bunch are legendary............ :biggrin:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Ken Kelley

Quotewescat - 7/22/2011  4:30 PM

The Thread'jackin skills of this bunch are legendary............ :biggrin:

And allowing people to add their own option practically guarantees some mischief. Not that I would personally do such a thing by any means!
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

horrido

Sure I would leave negative feedback depends on circumstance. :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

lowpro75

So, going through the categories there are a few instances where I could see negative feedback being given and others where it isn't really applicable or just a bad idea.  I have had only good experiences with trades, splits and sales.  Of course, Ken buys most of the shyt I sell, and he's got a good reputation.  

Bomber - Only leave feedback for the Bomber if you were the recipient of the bomb. - Negative Feedback = Super ballsy.
Box Splitter - All Individuals involved in the split can leave feedback for each other. - I can see some negative feedback here.
Buyer - The member who sold items can leave feedback about the buyer. - I can see some negative feedback here.
Contest Sponsor - The member who won the contest can leave feedback about the Sponsor of the contest. - Negative Feedback not applicable. - Rip the contest sponsor, who provides the cigars out of the goodness of his heart.  Great idea for those who want to get banned from contests.  On a personal note, if I didn't win the hilarity contest, I would have given Wes negative feedback.
Geek Critique Reviewer - The member who sponsored the Geek Critique can leave feedback about the members who did the reviews. - I can see some negative feedback here.
Geek Critique Sponsor - The members who participated in the Geek Critique can leave feedback about the Sponsor.- Rip your sponsor, great idea for those who want to participate in more than one.
Gifter - The member who received a gift from another member can leave feedback for the gifter. (i.e. Pay it Forwards, etc...) - Rip the guy who gave you a gift, that's all class.  
Pass Member - If you were a member of a pass, you can leave feedback about the moderator who started it. If you were the moderator, you can leave feedback about the members who participated. - I can see this being the most likely to get negative feedback
Seller - The member who bought items can leave feedback about the seller.  - I can see some negative feedback here.
Trader - If you were involved with a trade with someone you both can leave feedback for each other.- I can see some negative feedback here.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

NES Tek

That's a great breakdown Rich. Thanks!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

wescat

QuoteNES Tek - 7/22/2011  6:27 PM

That's a great breakdown Rich. Thanks!
I agree, thanks for the write up Rich.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  6:45 PM
...On a personal note, if I didn't win the hilarity contest, I would have given Wes negative feedback....

:lmao:  :lmao:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Quotewescat - 7/22/2011  3:05 PM

Quotenwb - 7/22/2011  1:46 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  2:19 PM
I want to see negative feedback on a bomb, I'm confident that some ungrateful bastard out there has the balls to do that.

I nominate craig schmidt.
And he is??? And you nominate him for this (dis)honor because???

Oh, he was a member for a while.  He moderated a super high end pass and immediately stopped coming to the site after it was complete.
Chief of Shaft

wescat

Quotenwb - 7/22/2011  8:00 PM

Quotewescat - 7/22/2011  3:05 PM

Quotenwb - 7/22/2011  1:46 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  2:19 PM
I want to see negative feedback on a bomb, I'm confident that some ungrateful bastard out there has the balls to do that.

I nominate craig schmidt.
And he is??? And you nominate him for this (dis)honor because???

Oh, he was a member for a while.  He moderated a super high end pass and immediately stopped coming to the site after it was complete.
Ouch  :shamebag:

Thanks for the info Nate, that must have been before my time.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

junglepete

Craig Schmidt...snicker  :rolleyes:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

RoscozRevenge

A person definitely has to earn my wrath... My roommate once left toast sweat on the kitchen counter and I was forced to mop it up with his face.  :beatup:
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

87North

Quotenwb - 7/22/2011  7:57 PM

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  6:45 PM
...On a personal note, if I didn't win the hilarity contest, I would have given Wes negative feedback....

No worries, As soon as the option to leave negative feedback for one's self becomes available, I'm planning to do that myself.  I'm not an A$$hole, but I play one while I'm watching TV.
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

87North

QuoteRoscozRevenge - 7/22/2011  10:28 PM

A person definitely has to earn my wrath... My roommate once left toast sweat on the kitchen counter and I was forced to mop it up with his face.  :beatup:

I'm not familiar with what exactly toast sweat is, nor am I entirely sure what sorts of stress will make toast sweat.   :confused:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

RoscozRevenge

Quote87North - 7/22/2011  10:14 PM

I'm not familiar with what exactly toast sweat is, nor am I entirely sure what sorts of stress will make toast sweat.   :confused:

Pardon me. I am quite sure many people do not know what toast sweat is so I shall clarify for those of you who do not associate with slobs. Toast sweat is the moisture that condenses on a surface when a freshly toasted grain product is placed upon it. Furthermore, toast sweat has been described by the federal government as a possible source of SARS, West Nile and africanized bees. I apologize for my digression from this threads topic. I am a dick.
"If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em. "
-Malcolm Reynolds

metalhead y cigarguy

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  11:19 AM

I thought that ungrateful bastard was you?  :confused:  We're still waiting.  :biggrin:

I would leave negative feedback if I setup a pass and had a bad member or did a split and got screwed etc.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

Shukpaw

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  3:45 PM

So, going through the categories there are a few instances where I could see negative feedback being given and others where it isn't really applicable or just a bad idea.

I know it's an obvious rip to leave negative feedback for someone who sends you free cigars, but it's not too far behind, and a subtle rip, to leave no feedback at all.

Also, if you pull up some people's ratings you will see feedback left for them for buy, sell, split, and trades.  If you then look up the rating for the person they dealt with there is no feedback left from them for that transaction.  You'll find some members fail to reciprocate regularly.  If it was a good transaction, reciprocate the feedback.  If not, leave neutral or negative feedback so we can know it didn't go well and that part of the feedback system can do what it is designed to do.

Since Rich seems to be making the most sense on this and giving this the most consideration I have a couple of questions for him.

Take the fantasy football league.  By joining into the competition and pledging at the start cigars as the prize to the winner aren't the participants contest sponsors?  If someone who owed the winner cigars didn't send the winner any would it be appropriate for the winner to leave them negative feedback?  Should the winner leave positive feedback for those who do send them cigars?

There are those who choose to not take the time or consideration or whatever to leave positive feedback for a bomb, gift, or contest winnings.  You can obviously stop sending those people bombs or gifts.  In the future, if you sponsor a contest, a critique, or moderate a pass, is it cool to preclude those members who haven't left you feedback?
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

wescat

A little testy about kitchen counters?
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

lowpro75

QuoteShukpaw - 7/23/2011  4:20 AM

Quotelowpro75 - 7/22/2011  3:45 PM

So, going through the categories there are a few instances where I could see negative feedback being given and others where it isn't really applicable or just a bad idea.

I know it's an obvious rip to leave negative feedback for someone who sends you free cigars, but it's not too far behind, and a subtle rip, to leave no feedback at all.

Also, if you pull up some people's ratings you will see feedback left for them for buy, sell, split, and trades.  If you then look up the rating for the person they dealt with there is no feedback left from them for that transaction.  You'll find some members fail to reciprocate regularly.  If it was a good transaction, reciprocate the feedback.  If not, leave neutral or negative feedback so we can know it didn't go well and that part of the feedback system can do what it is designed to do.

Since Rich seems to be making the most sense on this and giving this the most consideration I have a couple of questions for him.

Take the fantasy football league.  By joining into the competition and pledging at the start cigars as the prize to the winner aren't the participants contest sponsors?  If someone who owed the winner cigars didn't send the winner any would it be appropriate for the winner to leave them negative feedback?  Should the winner leave positive feedback for those who do send them cigars?

There are those who choose to not take the time or consideration or whatever to leave positive feedback for a bomb, gift, or contest winnings.  You can obviously stop sending those people bombs or gifts.  In the future, if you sponsor a contest, a critique, or moderate a pass, is it cool to preclude those members who haven't left you feedback?

These are some good questions.  I'll take the fantasy football league one first.  I think that you can look at it that way, and that you would have a right to leave negative feedback for someone who didn't pay up.  There were a couple people who didn't cough up cigars for the fantasy football, I won't mention Scott Caesar and Bob Cordell by name but I know who they are.  Bob and I had a mutual agreement to not send cigars since I forgot to send him cigars for another contest/competition that he won.  I didn't leave negative feedback on either profile since I figured that Scott would get around to it eventually.  Now I'm thinking maybe I'll leave him negative feedback as fantasy football season rolls around again but I would probably note it in the season starting thread if he decides to join.  

To answer the second question I would say that feedback is a relatively new feature on the site and is not hardwired into the culture of cigargeeks like it is on ebay.  It doesn't cost anything to leave it but it doesn't cost the receiver of positive feedback anything if that person doesn't leave it.  When I decide to bomb someone I don't look at their feedback rating.  Most people who are bombed started a thread thanking the bomber and showing off the bounty.  Is that enough?  I think it is.  I've sent way more bombs and sponsored quite a few contests and haven't got feedback credit for all of them.  But I always got a nice thank you from the recipient on a thread or in a PM.  That's enough for me.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

Brlesq

QuoteRoscozRevenge - 7/22/2011  11:28 PM

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 7/23/2011  9:12 AM
...Most people who are bombed started a thread thanking the bomber and showing off the bounty.  Is that enough?  I think it is.  I've sent way more bombs and sponsored quite a few contests and haven't got feedback credit for all of them.  But I always got a nice thank you from the recipient on a thread or in a PM.  That's enough for me.

Although I'm glad we have a feedback feature, I have to agree.
Chief of Shaft

Bob Cordell

The important point of Richs' last post is he was the a$$hole before I was the a$$hole!

Thats what I took from it anyway!

:biggrin:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

horrido

QuoteBob Cordell - 7/23/2011  5:59 PM

The important point of Richs' last post is he was the a$$hole before I was the a$$hole!

Thats what I took from it anyway!

:biggrin:

thats funny  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"As you approach thirty, you have a thirty ring gauge; as you approach fifty, you have a fifty ring gauge."
-- Cuban saying

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.