Cigars for Troops - 2011

Started by nwb, 08/03/2011 08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

When do you plan on sending the shipment Nathan?  I would like to contribute as well but haven't been working. Been supporting my own cigar consumption, seems I have been consuming more with so much free time.  :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

nwb

QuoteDonM - 8/29/2011  10:28 PM

When do you plan on sending the shipment Nathan?  I would like to contribute as well but haven't been working. Been supporting my own cigar consumption, seems I have been consuming more with so much free time.  :lmao:

You have some time - the cutoff to send to me is the end of October.
Chief of Shaft

Bicho

in, ill be sending my package next week :shades:
Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.

Mark Twain

Bob Cordell

I nned to get my ass in gear! I keep forgetting
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

metalhead y cigarguy

I haven't forgotten. I will be sending my package off later this week or next week.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

akira

Mine are in the mail.  Thanks for handling this again Nathan.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

NES Tek

Mine are on their way. Thakns for moderating all of this and taking care of it Nathan!
"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

nwb

Kyle's donation arrived yesterday, and all I can say is wow.  60 cigars, and nice cigars at that!
Chief of Shaft

nwb

David's (sullivan8078) donation arrived yesterday as well, and he was generous enough to add 3 cigars (none of which I've tried) for me! :dancing:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Update - We have 126 cigars already.  Thanks folks!  Here is the updated virtual humi:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=nwb

Here is an updated list of contributors:

wescat
lubrix - Received
hardeveningsuburb
rumrunner88
dwig
Herb - Received
cocon - Received
Robert LG
akira
Bob Cordell
Jackal - Received
kola
SenorPablo
sullivan8078 - Received
H8W8IN
BlackIrish
metalhead y cigarguy
wlfwalleye - Received
herfdude - Received
Shukpaw
NES Tek
DonM
Bicho
Chief of Shaft

wlfwalleye

Glad they got there ok.

Thanks for setting this up again.

metalhead y cigarguy

Awesome donation Kyle!!!  :shades:

I'll be shipping mine out next week.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Shukpaw

I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

sullivan8078

Thanks again for organizing this!
-David
"Ceiling fan stirs the air, cigar smoke did swirl."- J.B.

southernrun

You guys sure know how to support your boys! I salute you guys for that!  :victory:

nwb

Two more donations - NES Tek and akira.  Thanks guys!
Chief of Shaft

NES Tek

"A good cigar is like tasting a good wine: you smell it, you taste it, you look at it, you feel it - you can even hear it. It satisfies all the senses." - Anonymous

"You play five years in a Jimmy Buffett cover band and see what your freakin' wardrobe looks like, butthole!" - gitfiddl

Brlesq

Thanks for doing this again this year, Nate.  I'll send you my annual donation in a few weeks.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

metalhead y cigarguy

Nate I shipped off my cigars today, so you should receive them on Monday. I sent 13 cigars with 3 of them meant for you as a thank you for taking on this large task. Choose any 3 from the bunch or if you prefer you can just give them to the troops as well. Your choice. Thanks again!

nwb

Quotemetalhead y cigarguy - 9/8/2011  9:08 PM

Nate I shipped off my cigars today, so you should receive them on Monday. I sent 13 cigars with 3 of them meant for you as a thank you for taking on this large task. Choose any 3 from the bunch or if you prefer you can just give them to the troops as well. Your choice. Thanks again!

Thanks for the donation, and thanks for thinking of me.  I'll look for the package!
Chief of Shaft

ratboy

How long is this going on for I have about 50 Id like to send if possible.

Thanks as always for doing this.

Robert LG

Hey Nathan I have sent a True Grit sampler from CI to you for the troops.  Thanks for doing this.  I may add to it later but I will let you know if I do.  I'll PM you if I don't see a response here.
Rob

nwb

Quoteratboy - 9/9/2011  1:58 AM

How long is this going on for I have about 50 Id like to send if possible.

Thanks as always for doing this.

Deadline to get cigars to me is end of October.  You have some time.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

QuoteRobert LG - 9/9/2011  7:50 PM

Hey Nathan I have sent a True Grit sampler from CI to you for the troops.  Thanks for doing this.  I may add to it later but I will let you know if I do.  I'll PM you if I don't see a response here.

Nice donation!  I'll keep an eye out for it.
Chief of Shaft

cocon

Looks like this is gonna be a nice surprise for our guys overseas!!   :biggrin:

We can't do enough for them! :usa:
WOOOOO - Ric Flair

Train, say your prayers, and eat your vitamins - Hulk Hogan

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.