So I've done a few of these on other forums and with the right conditions this can be a really fun trade / challenge! So curious if anyone is interested in:
A blind tasting trade!
1. Trade is for 5 cigars. No more no less
2. Traders PM each other a list of 20 cigars. 15 are ones they like, love or want to try. 5 are cigars they don't like! Cigars are to be Non Cuban and MSRP is not to exceed $12. ( as close as possible ) *key is to list cigar brands or releases vs specifics! Example Don Pepin Blue Label, Tatuaje Black Label, Fuente etc. NOT Tatuaje the Frank, Fuente Henmingway, etc. You want to avoid a cigar from being easily known or Rare, HTF sticks being apart of this kind of trade.
3. Trade includes 4 cigars from the good list and 1 from the bad list.
4. Cigars are to be stripped of all bands, cello etc. placed in finger bags or seperated into bags.
5. Each cigar is to be numbered. Each trader while numbering the naked cigar will mark the band with the same number. A photo of the numbered bands must be taken for later use. Bands are not to be shipped and you are not to provide any info on the cigars your sending. If you don't have any of the 20, then you can decline the offer to trade.
6. Trade takes place
7. Both parties have 2 weeks to smoke all 5 cigars, write a short ( key word short ) review of each numbered cigar. Then guess what cigar they think it is or at least brand of maker.
8. After both parties complete all 5 of their reviews, pics of the bands are posted and the person who got the most correct guesses wins!
9. No prize awarded..... Just a fun trade and chance to see how well you know your cigar likes and dislikes. Iv seen some get very close and iv seen people say they hate Gurkha then review and love it not knowing that's what it was!
FYI - this is an open thread so anyone else interested please feel free to post. We can all post our reviews and pics here. Just thought this can be fun so anyone interested please post and let's get some pairs lined up! Happy Trading
Gents, I'm so sorry and I feel like a douche starting this then having to back out. Can anyone take my trade with burn? Iv had some personal stuff come up between home and work and I'm gonna be on the road for a couple of weeks so I won't be able to complete my trade.
If anyone can and is willing, please PM Burn Ward.
I love blind reviews as they teach us to view our own tastes and not what the crowd or advertisers want us to taste. I've done a lot of these over the years and always enjoy them but I know that life tends to get in the way of getting involved in them...like the brother above...travel is one of those things and for me I love to travel and smoke cigars. Maybe over the course of a few months it can be done....time constraints tend to cause problems but hope this one goes forward.
Sounds like lots of fun, would love to play one of these days, seen the concept around a few time. One of those game you can't loose. 0 out of 5, who cares, still get to smoke great cigars and learn some...or not.
But committing to smoking 5 sticks in a week or two, in winter and around Christmas time would be quite a task to accomplish for me, my bowl being pretty full as it is. Have fun with it, will watch the show.
Edited by Mojo66 12/3/2013 4:28 PM
Jump to page : 1 Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]