Cigar Monster and Famous

Started by 1sgjeffward, 05/12/2012 09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1sgjeffward

FYI most of you probably know but Famous has started offering cash discount coupons as on option on orders.

$150 = $25 discount
$125 = $15 discount
$75 = $10 discount

Some great deals when you combine sales off the monster with the coupon.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

MT21

Welcome to enablement 101.
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

Kckodiak

Those really come in handy, unfortunately I am on hiatus until July  :cry: at least I have plenty of sticks to smoke until then!
"Happiness?  A good Cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; depends on how much happiness you can handle" George Burns

Hot Tub Cigar Guy
Keith in CT

wescat

QuoteMT21 - 5/12/2012  9:41 PM

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

toby2

I do an order a week with them most weeks. I think they are first class 

lubrix

They have been pushing the coupons,some good deals to be had.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

1sgjeffward

Quotelubrix - 5/12/2012  9:04 PM

They have been pushing the coupons,some good deals to be had.

ya that's why I put this up got the following deals off the Monster and Famous

Stinky Cigar Ashtray                             19.98
LFD Air Bender Valiente 5 Pk                  38.99
LFD Air Bender Chisel 5 Pk                     39.99
CAO Vision Epiphany 5 Pack                   29.98
AB Table Top Lighter/Burner                  33.98
                                           Total        162.92

Got the shipping for FREE then being over $150 used the $25 coupon so only paid $137.92

And YA I'm an ENABLER!!! HELLO look at where you are! But at least I'm trying to save you money while enabling :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

MT21

That's the joy of it all.  Finding great deals that just can't be passed up.  Any hot deal that's found is always appreciated including this one that you posted.  With the potential threat of more government intervention, it's good for everyone to stock up as much as they can.

You're doing great. :thumbsup:
"Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Gurkha free zone.

ROTHNH

Quote1sgjeffward - 5/12/2012  11:35 PM

Got the shipping for FREE then being over $150 used the $25 coupon so only paid $137.92

And YA I'm an ENABLER!!! HELLO look at where you are! But at least I'm trying to save you money while enabling :biggrin:

Yep Top -- been using that combo for years now -- and the "new" coupons enabled my to get a box of 24 LFD last Xmas for about $100 with the ubiquitous and necessary FREE shipping, of course  :biggrin:

1sgjeffward

Ya I like their coupons for free cigars but lets face it alot of those are for cigars you don't REALLY want. So is cool to get the cash option now especially that jump from $125-$150 is almost a no brainer to bump up to the $150 for an extra $10 off. Don't know if it's just me but looks like alot of the sites have bumped up shipping here lately? Notice alot of $6.95 when I know they used to be $5 :?:
Jeff

? André Gide

87North

QuoteMT21 - 5/12/2012  9:41 PM

:word:
Guru of "Sarcastic Wit and Folksy Wisdom"

ROTHNH

Quote1sgjeffward - 5/13/2012  3:13 AM

Don't know if it's just me but looks like alot of the sites have bumped up shipping here lately? Notice alot of $6.95 when I know they used to be $5 :?:

No idea really ... I can't remember the last time I paid ANY shipping on anything, except for JR Cigars' $5 flat rate once, maybe twice so far this year ... On pipes and tobacco, I always deal with places that offer free shipping and I make sure my orders meet or exceed their minimum to get it sent to me for free.

I use Amazon a lot spouse's home business has a free shipping account there -- last week we got our new Worx lawnmower for $219 delivered that Lowe's wanted $250 for).  eBay is also popular at our house ... I always take the time and usually find a place with a comparatively good price and free shipping.

It's amazing how much $$ we've saved religiously applying these disciplines    :shy:

toby2

QuoteMT21 - 5/13/2012 12:06 AM That's the joy of it all. Finding great deals that just can't be passed up. Any hot deal that's found is always appreciated including this one that you posted. With the potential threat of more government intervention, it's good for everyone to stock up as much as they can. You're doing great. :thumbsup:

i haven't been seeing black helicopters or anything, yet, but i am in stock up mode for real.

doubleott05

thats partially why i am so pacient on Cbid and not a big fan of monster. UPS ground FREE does not apply to APO. i can order 100 sticks and a bunch of crap from Cbid for 200$ if im pacient and shipping will be like 9$ish. i order one 5ver from monster and shipping is frickin 9$. maybe when i get home i will have a different opinion.  :confused:
-Elliot
Be my friend on facebook (be sure to identify your self as a geek)
http://www.facebook.com/#!/elliot.youngstrom

Link to my Humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=doubleott05

nwb

QuoteMT21 - 5/12/2012  10:41 PM

:biggrin:

So true.

It has been quite some time since I ordered from Famous, but their recent foray into coupons has piqued my interest.
Chief of Shaft

1sgjeffward

Quotenwb - 5/13/2012  3:01 PM

QuoteMT21 - 5/12/2012  10:41 PM

:biggrin:

So true.

It has been quite some time since I ordered from Famous, but their recent foray into coupons has piqued my interest.

I'm with ya. Their normal prices are a bit high so I normally only pick up stuff off the weekly roundup if it's a good deal. But is nice now to be able to combine a cash discount with the few good monster deals each week.
Jeff

? André Gide

mike.casey

Well color me enabled. That is all I will comment at this time.
Life is hard. It's harder when you're stupid. -John Wayne-

I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em.
Ron White

Him and his kind get more endangered everyday, and pretty soon the species will just up and fade away. Like the smoke from that torpedo... just up and fade away. -Old Hippie, Bellamy Brothers-

BigTA

Loving my AB table top, Enablers are us
Cheap sex, Cheap booze, Cheap cigars, Everybody loves a bargain.

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=BigTA

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.