2014 Geek Critique Calendar (Manufacturer/Retailer/Co-sponsored)

Started by nwb, 10/18/2013 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

As we approach the end of the year, it is time to start scheduling the 2014 Geek Critiques.  The plan is for me to host any of the following:

Manufacturer/Retail Sponsored Geek Critique
The manufacturer/retailer donates 5 identical cigars as well as the cost of shipping those cigars to our 5 chosen reviewers. This structure is either set up by a member who makes initial contact with a manufacturer/retailer, or by a manufacturer/retailer who makes direct contact with us. A CG administrator hosts the coordinating thread.

Cosponsored Geek Critique
A manufacturer/retailer supplies the 5 cigars and a Cigar Geeks member ships them to his/her chosen reviewers. CG member hosts the coordinating thread after the initial posting by an administrator.

For the time being, we will schedule 12 reviews in advance.  As we approach each new month, if there is anyone who has a new release or new product they would like to showcase, please send me a PM.

If you are interested, please post here in the thread along with months you might like to sponsor or cosponsor.

January: Don Abram Harris and Vroomp (Brad)
February: Guayacan
March: RG Tobacco and Vroomp (Brad)
April: Table36
May: Tarazona
June: Luis Falto
July: Tabacos de la Cordillera
August: Table36
September: Cigarsatyourprice.com and wescat (Kevin)
October: Ol' Times CIgars
November: Tower Cigars
December: Cult
Chief of Shaft

Vroomp

Thank you for clarifying the new set up Nate! As you know, I still have Don Abram Harris's set for the first two weeks of January and I would love to include the Ray Granja Teikerisi.

Speaking with Luis Falto this past week, he was interested in having a cigar reviewed and, as you know, no Falto Cigar has ever been reviewed on the site and these are some fine Premium Dominican Cigars that are only in a few stores in the US. I haven't promised Luis anything but, I already have sticks from RG Tobacco if you can fit them in.

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Vroomp

Noel should be posting soon I just talked to him about supplying some cigars for a critique and he said he was interested........

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Longhorn

Ken Kelley

QuoteLonghorn - 10/18/2013  10:21 AM

Hey, Brad finally found the right thread!   :biggrin:

Heh! Reminds me of the old saw..."Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn now and then!"  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

Vroomp

I will blame it all on a combination of jet-lag and vacation withdrawal! :biggrin:

noel

Yes Sr. I will send 6 sticks for review, I'm thinking on the fresh rolls I have with me ....but any ways, I'm on .

wescat

Slot me up for the 2014 Liberty's Nathan, Cosponsored by Cigars At Your Price. Let's shoot for early September; maybe for once Camacho will hit their release date on these.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

nwb

Let me know if the schedule in the original post works for you, Brad and Noel.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Chief of Shaft

nwb

:bump:

I'd like to get this finalized by the end of the month, so if you are interested, please let me know.
Chief of Shaft

kxthor911

I have been talking with Mark at tower cigars. I might check and see if he is interested in doing this I'll let you know.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

Vroomp

I will be meeting with Ryan Rodriguez of Blue Moon Cigars, Terry L Johnson, and Antonio Lam from Reinado tomorrow and I'll remind those guys if they want to participate......

The schedule looks ok to me......

nwb

QuoteVroomp - 11/14/2013  3:07 PM

I will be meeting with Ryan Rodriguez of Blue Moon Cigars, Terry L Johnson, and Antonio Lam from Reinado tomorrow and I'll remind those guys if they want to participate......

The schedule looks ok to me......

Good deal.  Let them know to come on the site and post here (at least for Antonio) or let me know via PM.
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Quotekxthor911 - 11/14/2013  2:39 PM

I have been talking with Mark at tower cigars. I might check and see if he is interested in doing this I'll let you know.

The more the merrier (until slots fill up)! :biggrin:
Chief of Shaft

nwb

This is starting to fill up.  We have two more maybes, so if you or any contacts you know are interested, let me know!
Chief of Shaft

kxthor911

I just got off the phone with Mark from Tower cigars. He said put him down for November. We will work out the details on the cigar to be reviewed later on. Thanks Nathan.
Hello my name is Nick and I just bought a box of... (courtesy of Stephen and Rob(serious cigars))

Yes its fast, no you cant drive it.

The Burn Ward

QuoteVroomp - 10/18/2013  1:59 PM

Thank you for clarifying the new set up Nate! As you know, I still have Don Abram Harris's set for the first two weeks of January and I would love to include the Ray Granja Teikerisi.

Speaking with Luis Falto this past week, he was interested in having a cigar reviewed and, as you know, no Falto Cigar has ever been reviewed on the site and these are some fine Premium Dominican Cigars that are only in a few stores in the US. I haven't promised Luis anything but, I already have sticks from RG Tobacco if you can fit them in.

I believe Falto cigars come from Puerto Rico. I know the blends use a lot of Dominican tobacco however. If possible I would like to be a part of this one.

The Burn Ward

I smoked a Falto Vejigante in a local B&M but I didn't review it because I didn't get a picture for the DB, which I almost always do unless there is already a picture.

nwb

Quotekxthor911 - 11/25/2013  6:55 PM

I just got off the phone with Mark from Tower cigars. He said put him down for November. We will work out the details on the cigar to be reviewed later on. Thanks Nathan.

Done.  Thanks for coordinating!
Chief of Shaft

TowerCigars

nwb

QuoteTowerCigars - 11/27/2013  12:34 PM

I'm in for november.

Mark @ Tower Cigars!

Thanks Mark!
Chief of Shaft

nwb

Alright, we have 12 scheduled reviews.  Thank you everyone for your generosity!

As we approach each respective month, if there is a new release or a cigar manufacturer/retailer that wants to fill in a second slot, please PM me.
Chief of Shaft

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.