Looking for info about a rare Scotch

Started by Camshaft83, 03/29/2014 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camshaft83

The only info I could come up with is details about the manufacturer. I'm more interested in how many bottles were produced, how does it taste, and suggestions on if it should be drank or held onto considering it's rarity.  :thanx:

Dallas Dhu 1983 last cask
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

LawDaddy

Scotch can certainly get too old.  Its meant to be enjoyed.  Drink up!

Longhorn

It's currently selling for about $500 a bottle (700 ml).  It's a Speyside and that particular year should be saved for financial purposes unless you really want to taste a rare whisky.

Rebecca Silverwolf

Hard to find any info on this one. All I can find is that it was the last cask from that distillery before it closed, but no information on how many casks of it there were, or how many bottles were produced. Saw a couple reviews of other vintages from this distiller, which were being scored around the mid to upper 80's. Kept sealed, and stored in a cool dark location, it should keep as long as you want to hold onto it. I saw another bottle of this vintage being offered for something like 650 Pounds. Wish I could have found something more.

Drink it if you want, hold onto it for a special occasion, or sell it for some spare cash.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

naomi12

This is a tough one. Can't seem to find information about this. but i thin the taste should be really fine

Camshaft83

Thanks for all the replys. I found pretty much the same things as all of you. Really not allot of information kept back then i guess. Anyway once again thanks for the input but I'm still unsure if I'm going to make an offer to buy this or not.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

TheSmokedBlade

I've got about 40% left of bottle of Dallas Dhu 1982 Gordon & Macphail 21 year bottling, it's a Speyside unlike any other, except for another Dallas. If you've not tried a "black river" before, then yes open it up and enjoy.
something should go here, I've no witty banter to employ, so enjoy, my ploy... got nothin

tvolball

If want to make some money on it, it looks like it could be worth something big down the road. I tend to believe it's going to be enjoyed by someone at some point and think if it were mine, I would be the guy savoring it on special occasions.

I know this might sound stupid to some, but it's not always about the money. Sometimes it's about the enjoyment you get from something.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

The Burn Ward

1029henry

Quotetvolball - 9/29/2014  4:35 AM

If want to make some money on it, it looks like it could be worth something big down the road. I tend to believe it's going to be enjoyed by someone at some point and think if it were mine, I would be the guy savoring it on special occasions.

I know this might sound stupid to some, but it's not always about the money. Sometimes it's about the enjoyment you get from something.

I'm with Troy...enjoy with a great cigar. Life is short.
"What a kid I got, I told him about the birds and the bees and he told me about the butcher and my wife"

"When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them"

"My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met"
-Rodney Dangerfield

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.