New man here

Started by 21064th_Aficionado, 04/02/2014 07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21064th_Aficionado

Been smoking awhile. Just got a new humidor today. My first real humidor. Non leaky. Heirloom build quality. Posted about it here

http://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comments/221vye/jdnelson_custom_humidor/

Little more info. Living in MN. 50 plus years old. Fave smokes: Oliva MB3 Robusto, Cain F Lancero, Oliva Melanio V Robusto, Asylum, HVC Cerro, Quesada Jalapa. Not partial to ring gauge over 50. Generally smoke a cigar 5 inches max. The Marevas size is perfect. Love a smoke out of doors, preferably near a body of water, in motion, stream, waterfall, wave action, or by a fire, campfire, bonfire

StogieDad

Welcome aboard from Atlanta!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bstessl

Welcome from Northwest Indiana!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bmac7754

to the site from MA
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

gpd4

Welcome from St. Louis - that a beautiful humi!
My greatest fear in life is that when I die, my wife sells my things for what I told her I paid for them...

21064th_Aficionado

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to getting it seasoned and filled with tobacco

cavenbk

Welcome from PA. That is a nice looking humi!
You can judge the character of a man by the things he laughs at.

"A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."     - Charles Chaplin

SenorPablo

Welcome to CG!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ntanner

Welcome from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

jbshumidor

Hi...Welcome to CG from GA!

Mautrak

Welcome aboard Man With No Vowels in His Name!

05Venturer

:welcome: from right across the border in NW Wisconsin.
Whereabouts in MN are you?? :?:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ragreensr

Welcome from Brownsburg, Indiana

hebron

to the site!

Greetings from Norway!

- Thomas

My digital playground; uCtrl.io, electronics, microcontrollers and computer stuff.

Hot Stuff x

Welcome from Seoul!
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

benchjockey

Welcome from South Florida!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

conditionZero

--JOE--

I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink.  Joe E. Lewis

toby2

Rbrushaber

Quote21064th_Aficionado - 4/2/2014  10:30 PM

Been smoking awhile. Just got a new humidor today. My first real humidor. Non leaky. Heirloom build quality. Posted about it here

http://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comments/221vye/jdnelson_custom_humidor/

Little more info. Living in MN. 50 plus years old. Fave smokes: Oliva MB3 Robusto, Cain F Lancero, Oliva Melanio V Robusto, Asylum, HVC Cerro, Quesada Jalapa. Not partial to ring gauge over 50. Generally smoke a cigar 5 inches max. The Marevas size is perfect. Love a smoke out of doors, preferably near a body of water, in motion, stream, waterfall, wave action, or by a fire, campfire, bonfire
Welcome to the site
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=Rbrushaber

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and courage of free me and women.  It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have."  Ronald Reagan
This quote is as true today as it was when I first heard it in the 1980s and joined the USAF...

sauraspop

Welcome from Alabama
Sammy - Semper Vigilis

Be carful what you wish for, You may get it! Ray Wylie Hubbard (Mother Blues)

As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake. ~ Cliffy ~

Newbhunter

welcome to geeks!

Brlesq

Great intro.  Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Cfickter

Welcome from Pittsburgh to CG
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Vroomp

:welcome:to the site!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

lubrix

Welcome!, Enjoy the site!.
----
Guru of ruining the moment.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.